Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: Okoboji this summer  (Read 2045 times)

Offline Bryfish84

• Team IceShanty Regular
Okoboji this summer
« on: Feb 17, 2020, 08:14 PM »
I need some help from al the IGL experts. My wife and I take the kids to okoboji every summer for a week to relax and have some beach time. This summer I would like to take the kids fishing and have a picnic one day. Any ideas where in West, East or Spirit would be a good place to take the kids bank fishing? 
Thanks for any help!

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Okoboji this summer
« Reply #1 on: Feb 20, 2020, 02:28 AM »
The first place to try is the spillway. I've caught a lot of fish there. Gull point has some good fishing at times. Any bridge. The trestle. This fall they cleared off the trees south of the trestle so that opened a lot of shore fishing. If you find the right dock, you can catch tons of big bluegill. Good luck. I'm not an Okoboji summer expert. Nor winter, but I go pretty often some years
Every plastics manufacturer claims plastics outfish livebait. So now I use livebait just for the increased challenge.

Offline Bryfish84

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 20, 2020, 11:29 AM »
The first place to try is the spillway. I've caught a lot of fish there. Gull point has some good fishing at times. Any bridge. The trestle. This fall they cleared off the trees south of the trestle so that opened a lot of shore fishing. If you find the right dock, you can catch tons of big bluegill. Good luck. I'm not an Okoboji summer expert. Nor winter, but I go pretty often some years

Thanks for the suggestions. Are you talking the spillway on Spirit??

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 20, 2020, 10:22 PM »
Yes, between Spirit and East.
Every plastics manufacturer claims plastics outfish livebait. So now I use livebait just for the increased challenge.

Offline Bryfish84

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 21, 2020, 08:55 PM »
Yes, between Spirit and East.

Thanks!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.