Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: Beaver Lake, Dexter  (Read 3086 times)

Offline IceIowa1

• IceShanty Rookie
Beaver Lake, Dexter
« on: Jan 15, 2020, 08:59 PM »
How's it looking, fishable ice?

Offline troyisu

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Beaver Lake, Dexter
« Reply #1 on: Jan 21, 2020, 10:05 AM »
Haven’t been to Beaver yet, but Badger had 7” yesterday and there were about 15 tents out there.  Has anyone had any luck at Beaver yet this year?

Offline Dave R

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 22, 2020, 10:09 AM »
Haven't fished since the refreeze. Went twice before it warmed up and it pretty much sucked. Managed to catch two keeper gills and some decent largemouth bass.

Offline Bbushong

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 23, 2020, 08:04 AM »
Badger did have 5-7 most places but i did manage to spud through a spot that only had 3 so check as you go. The snow had the ice freeze up pretty unevenly.

Offline Figure ate

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 27, 2020, 10:29 PM »
Beaver is safe but not worth your time. Tons and tons of tiny crappies and almost nothing else. Too many fishermen last year taking too many fish out of that tiny lake. Sad how bad it is

Offline Slabseek3r

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 06, 2020, 10:56 AM »
Beaver is safe but not worth your time. Tons and tons of tiny crappies and almost nothing else. Too many fishermen last year taking too many fish out of that tiny lake. Sad how bad it is

Indeed. Last year, i was catching 3-4 man limits of crappie and gills daily there, now its a dead sea. hopefully in a few years it recovers, there is alot of structure in that lake for stuff to hide in
"I love the freedoms we got in this country, I appreciate your freedom to burn your flag if you want to, but I really appreciate my right to bear arms so I can shoot you if you try to burn mine"
-Johnny Cash

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.