Author Topic: a rod that floats.  (Read 887 times)

Offline gillyman

• Team IceShanty Regular
a rod that floats.
« on: Feb 21, 2012, 02:54 PM »
Folks, I did a dumb thing in Wyoming yesterday.  I was fishing with a plam rod-not a marmish but a crude version.  Was fishing another conventional rod and set the  palm rod down to land a fish on the other rod.  I set it down 5 feet from the hole-so- lure is 5 feet off the bottom in 15 fow.  You guessed it-the palm rod got a bite and slid down the hole.  I was not happy as palm rods are not available locally so another would have to be ordered.  I grapped another rod our of my bag-same kind and continued fishing.  After 20 minutes, during which I had landed several perch on both rods, I saw my line moving in the conventional rod hole.  Up popped my palm rod. 
the holes were 3 feet apart.   I was smiling then of course.  NO fish on the palm rod.  Must have gotten hung up on my other line and the rod, which has foam in the handle floated back up.   

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
Re: a rod that floats.
« Reply #1 on: Feb 21, 2012, 02:57 PM »
Gillyman...you-a sillyman  ;D
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline nocod

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 21, 2012, 02:58 PM »
thats great luck,buy a lottery ticket ;)

Offline gillyman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 21, 2012, 03:02 PM »
Iceassin,
I are silly.  I have escaped much worse consequences for dumb things I have done.  But this one I will admit to...er, this is one to which I will admit!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.