Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: 5 gallon bucket seats  (Read 4662 times)

Offline slim65

• IceShanty Rookie
5 gallon bucket seats
« on: Jan 04, 2007, 09:15 AM »
Well fellow ice fishermen, we seem to have a ice problem that makes us all a little giddy, so I think its time to see what you all have done to the 5 gallon bucket seat.  Lets see your buckets and give others some ideas to modify.

To show how bored I am I cleaned and wiped out all my icefishing gear until 11:30 pm. last night, wife thought I broke ice and went in the deep end.  On the up side, I have herd of some people catching fish at Lake View using ultra light gear.  So I guess if I cant use my short rod, I will go to the long one and have some fun.

Scott

Offline HawkEyeman

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: 5 gallon bucket seats
« Reply #1 on: Jan 05, 2007, 10:25 AM »
I don't know if I'd call myself "giddy"..... I can think of a few explicatives that more accurately describe how I feel.

For years I've just been flipping my bucket upside down for a seat. With all this spare time we've got I'm going to craft myself something more fancy. Anyone have any basic plans for one? Otherwise, I’m sure I can just wing it.

Offline Cristoforo

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Bass
« Reply #2 on: Jan 12, 2007, 10:11 AM »
I took a boat seat and mounted it to a bucket lid.

I used two planks of woods a couple of washers and wood screws.
I also keep the mount from the boat seat on.  It is the kind that is removable.
I took the planks of wood and drilled a hole just large enough for the seat mount
to fit into and then fastened the planks together with the washers on top and bottom
of the bucket lid for added support.  I am sure someone could still do better but it is good enough for me.
I will try to post pics later.

cristoforo

Offline ACLemieux

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I'm a lumberjack & I'm OK.
« Reply #3 on: Jan 12, 2007, 11:02 AM »
Here you go (you can even put hooks & sinkers in the lid):

Bucket Seat Pro

There's some other stuff here too.
Adam.

Offline iceprincess

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 14, 2007, 07:11 PM »
my boyfriend bought a bucket and revamped it . he put rod holders on the sides.you can have all your rods on the outside of the bucket, with plenty of room in the bucket for round tip ups,and a depth finder and tackle. the lid will still fit on so you can sit.i dont know how to put a picture of it on this site.so if any body can tell me how i would be thankful.when i figure out how i will post pictures.

Offline HawkEyeman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 15, 2007, 12:54 AM »
my boyfriend bought a bucket and revamped it . he put rod holders on the sides.you can have all your rods on the outside of the bucket, with plenty of room in the bucket for round tip ups,and a depth finder and tackle. the lid will still fit on so you can sit.i dont know how to put a picture of it on this site.so if any body can tell me how i would be thankful.when i figure out how i will post pictures.
Here are the buckets Iceprincess mentioned. Got them through email from her to post. Didn't have time to throw the images onto a server that allows direct image linking. The hotlink will have to suffice.

http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=483390
http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=483392

Offline mmb

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "What do you do with all the ice you catch?"
« Reply #6 on: Jan 15, 2007, 10:38 PM »
Here are the buckets Iceprincess mentioned. Got them through email from her to post. Didn't have time to throw the images onto a server that allows direct image linking. The hotlink will have to suffice.

http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=483390
http://www.imagedump.com/index.cgi?pick=get&tp=483392

wouldn't all the rods make that hard to sit on?  :)

Offline iceprincess

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 16, 2007, 01:16 PM »
The bucket isnt hard to sit on .you probably will only have 2 or 3 poles straight behind your back. you might be using two poles to fish with ,the others are for back up. the pict was just to show a way to make the bucket.easier to demonstrate. He only takes three poles along ,and a couple of tip ups.you can build it any way you want to.

Offline GLACIER

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 16, 2007, 01:17 PM »
All those rod holders are a great idea. many times you go out with people who don't have there own Poles.This way you can get them all on the ice easy with no tangels.

Offline Walltrout

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Jan 16, 2007, 01:26 PM »
Glacier-  Are those baby bottles? 

"Many go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." - Henry David Thoreau

"If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're doing something wrong."  John Giera

Offline GLACIER

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Jan 16, 2007, 01:36 PM »
they are plastic spice containers from dollar general.

Offline GLACIER

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Jan 16, 2007, 03:30 PM »
Found this surfing the web.              http://www.militaryhq.com/prodimages/TOILET%20SEAT%20-5GAL%20BUCKET.jpg

Offline HIMO

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GOATBOYS WISCONSIN CHAPTER 1st Wisconsin goat!!
« Reply #12 on: Jan 16, 2007, 03:42 PM »
oh great!! catch and go at the same time. LOL!!!

HIMO
It's not how deep you fish, but how you wiggle your worm !!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.