New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: sandy pond  (Read 59592 times)

Offline klino2280

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: sandy pond
« Reply #330 on: Dec 29, 2019, 08:15 PM »
Yo klino,
Astute of you to pick that up. Of course the pre-registration would be on Friday the 28th and the Team Tournament on the 29th of February however I wouldn't be in a hurry to give up on the 18th of January as of yet. The water is definitely cold enough and it only takes two single digit days & nights to get our hard water back as we have already witnessed.

Ye of little faith.

Boggey

Keep the faith my friends.

No worries here....I just needed to be prepared to ask for the day off if it was on a Friday ;D ;D
A bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work.

Offline New Old Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #331 on: Dec 31, 2019, 04:48 AM »
Happy New Year Sandy Ponders

Boggey
Start each day with the exuberance of a 10 year old . Do not allow those around you to diminish that exuberance.

Offline scout57

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • life's to short,lets go ice fishin'
« Reply #332 on: Dec 31, 2019, 05:16 AM »
relax Boggey....one more day to go ;D........anyways, same to you

Offline New Old Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #333 on: Jan 02, 2020, 04:16 AM »
Yo Guys & Gals,

Well after 10 days of Christmas parties, family breakfasts, dinners, New Year's celebrations and gaining about 5 pounds, Old Boggey is- was all ready to get some serious ice fishing under my belt. Alas, it was not meant to be. Here on the shores of Sandy Pond I am met with a shore line not only bereft of snow, but massive areas of open water all the way out to the cut.
   Further, a quick look at the 10 day forecast offers little hope of a quick recovery. Not wanting to dwell on the negative I would like to remind all, it only takes 2 consecutive days and nights of single digit temps to get our ice back.
      Keep in mind even though the Team Perch Tournament scheduled for the 18th of January may be cancelled, the back up date, February 29th will be in effect with the Wig-Wam still being the head quarters for the event. Jigger, The Kracken and others have accumulated a huge cache of door prizes and gift certificates
    In order for the out of towners to reschedule rooms & travel arrangements, the decision to use the back up date will be made on January 12th a.nd posted on this thread. I am looking forward to seeing all my old friends.

Boggey

Let's think cold
Start each day with the exuberance of a 10 year old . Do not allow those around you to diminish that exuberance.

Offline BeenPerchin315

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yes. There will be ice and I will fish it.
« Reply #334 on: Jan 02, 2020, 05:54 AM »
Yo Guys & Gals,

Well after 10 days of Christmas parties, family breakfasts, dinners, New Year's celebrations and gaining about 5 pounds, Old Boggey is- was all ready to get some serious ice fishing under my belt. Alas, it was not meant to be. Here on the shores of Sandy Pond I am met with a shore line not only bereft of snow, but massive areas of open water all the way out to the cut.
   Further, a quick look at the 10 day forecast offers little hope of a quick recovery. Not wanting to dwell on the negative I would like to remind all, it only takes 2 consecutive days and nights of single digit temps to get our ice back.
      Keep in mind even though the Team Perch Tournament scheduled for the 18th of January may be cancelled, the back up date, February 29th will be in effect with the Wig-Wam still being the head quarters for the event. Jigger, The Kracken and others have accumulated a huge cache of door prizes and gift certificates
    In order for the out of towners to reschedule rooms & travel arrangements, the decision to use the back up date will be made on January 12th a.nd posted on this thread. I am looking forward to seeing all my old friends.

Boggey

Let's thonk
Well dang boggey, merry Christmas and happy new year. When would a good day to swing up to the wig wam be. I just like to know where I’m headed ya know.
Disclaimer:
I make statements based on my experiences in the location I fished only. Check ice conditions for yourself.
Stay safe. Tight lines.

Offline New Old Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #335 on: Jan 02, 2020, 06:26 AM »
Yo BP,

CHECK YOUR PM'S

BOGGEY

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #336 on: Jan 02, 2020, 06:32 AM »
I think there is some wishful thinking but with that 10 day forecast I think the 29  will be the date ...I bet the pond opens up the next few days :(

boogy i'll be calling you in a little while

Offline BeenPerchin315

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #337 on: Jan 02, 2020, 06:36 AM »
I think there is some wishful thinking but with that 10 day forecast I think the 29  will be the date ...I bet the pond opens up the next few days :(

boogy i'll be calling you in a little while
When I was at sodus point New Year’s Eve it looked like the whole bay was open already. And it made it through last Friday
Disclaimer:
I make statements based on my experiences in the location I fished only. Check ice conditions for yourself.
Stay safe. Tight lines.

Offline woodburn

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #338 on: Jan 05, 2020, 02:35 PM »
I think the only way to get it to freeze is uncover the boat.

Offline KingPerch

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #339 on: Jan 05, 2020, 03:43 PM »

Two great minds think alike woodburn!! Josh and I braved the elements today!🎣
“Saving the perch population, one walleye at a time”-reeleyz 2021

Don’t worry Freddie, Hot bite is at 11:00!!😜

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #340 on: Jan 05, 2020, 04:03 PM »
that's the way to do it KP :thumbsup:

Offline KingPerch

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #341 on: Jan 05, 2020, 04:10 PM »
that's the way to do it KP :thumbsup:
We did it in hopes we will get near zero temps this week. 😁 the weatherman thinks different. I dislike that guy!!😡

Offline chevy rotbox

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #342 on: Jan 05, 2020, 05:00 PM »
kp we were thinking same as you. did you guys do any thing??
retired let the fishing begin

Offline New Old Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #343 on: Jan 05, 2020, 05:47 PM »
Yo KP
Now I guess that's one way of doing it my friend. I hit the river myself. Hope you had better luck than I. Still a big hole in the middle of the Pond. Bummer.  I need a birthday present by Wednesday. Me and Elvis, my lookalike ;D

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #344 on: Jan 05, 2020, 05:49 PM »

I and the goon found some ice 👍

Offline BeenPerchin315

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #345 on: Jan 05, 2020, 06:40 PM »
I think the only way to get it to freeze is uncover the boat.
I’ve already put out the word.  :roflmao:
Disclaimer:
Stay safe. Tight lines.

Offline KingPerch

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #346 on: Jan 05, 2020, 07:16 PM »
kp we were thinking same as you. did you guys do any thing??
Sorry to hijack your thread Boggey. 😎 Chevy, we located fish... set the spot lock... and, they wouldn’t move. So we spent some time scanning areas and marking waypoints for this years tourneys. Found some interesting stuff today. We kicked up a ton of diver ducks... shoulda brought our duck gear. Last day of duck season today. We got some fresh air and it felt good!! We’ll head to Cayuga Lake next weekend to see if we can jig up some lakers. Maybe we’ll take ice rods with us.😁
Think arctic cold guys!!

Offline choo choo

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #347 on: Jan 06, 2020, 07:19 AM »

Two great minds think alike woodburn!! Josh and I braved the elements today!🎣
Nice pics KP !
 My little Kenai shack  folded down into windbreak position, might just fit on the front deck of your boat.
Would not  need an auger or ice scoop...
put boat in spot lock over some fish marks or structure...
A pail of buckeye minnows , a flasher, a few jig rods and you are in business, and Warm ! lol
My boots on some ice... A line down a hole...Some fish on the screen... And a flag in the air !......Winter is Good !!

Offline KingPerch

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #348 on: Jan 06, 2020, 04:16 PM »
Nice pics KP !
 My little Kenai shack  folded down into windbreak position, might just fit on the front deck of your boat.
Would not  need an auger or ice scoop...
put boat in spot lock over some fish marks or structure...
A pail of buckeye minnows , a flasher, a few jig rods and you are in business, and Warm ! lol
Now... you got me thinking!😁 if I could get that boat on Oneida Lake...those perch are toast!!🎣😈

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #349 on: Jan 06, 2020, 04:41 PM »
Now... you got me thinking!😁 if I could get that boat on Oneida Lake...those perch are toast!!🎣😈
👍

Offline choo choo

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #350 on: Jan 06, 2020, 05:27 PM »
:thumbsup:
My boots on some ice... A line down a hole...Some fish on the screen... And a flag in the air !......Winter is Good !!

Offline New Old Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #351 on: Jan 08, 2020, 05:27 PM »
Yo Guys& Gals,

I was going to attach a picture of the Pond today, but it is so depressing , I chose to forgo the effort.

A clear eyed view of the 10 day weather forecast, leaves no hope of the development of significant ice build by the time of the original Team Perch Tournament on the 18th of January.

The Team Perch Tournament is officially moved to the back up date of February 29th , 2020, LEAP YEAR. This will give us a chance to redouble our efforts to hold a bigger & better Team Perch Tournament on the Pond.

Boggey

Offline obrien380

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #352 on: Jan 08, 2020, 06:22 PM »
Good call Boggey

Offline KingPerch

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #353 on: Jan 08, 2020, 07:26 PM »
No pics needed bud. We can  imagine what the pond looks like right now.🤯 Good call Boggey!!

Offline Jigger

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #354 on: Jan 09, 2020, 05:04 PM »
Well with the backup date posted maybe the PA guys can get some practice in  ;D

Offline BeenPerchin315

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #355 on: Jan 09, 2020, 05:31 PM »
boggey hows the pond? 🧐
Disclaimer:
Stay safe. Tight lines.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #356 on: Jan 09, 2020, 11:41 PM »

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #357 on: Jan 10, 2020, 05:15 AM »
Anything we gained the last few days we lose now

Offline ice4066

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #358 on: Jan 10, 2020, 05:54 AM »
by sunday looks like water levels will be up!!

Offline New Old Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #359 on: Jan 10, 2020, 07:31 AM »
Yo BP 315,

Look at Freddy's post. That 10 day says it all. Yesterday's temps skimmed it over in the morning, but th6 day's high wind blew it open again.
You think you all feel bad?  I bought a fixer upper camp on the Pond last April and worked tirelessly on it all summer to make it habitable and winterized it for year round fishing in my retirement years.

Needless to say, Big disappointment to date. Well all I can say is stay positive and think cold so we can get our TEAM PERCH TOURNAMENT IN place by the 29th of February..
Signed: will travel for ice Boggey ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.