New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Cranberry Lake  (Read 1229 times)

Offline reKor11

• IceShanty Rookie
Cranberry Lake
« on: Mar 01, 2020, 11:27 AM »
I posted this over in the Ice conditions thread as well, but that doesn't get the same traffic as the main page. 

Making a trip from Massachusetts this weekend to fish Cranberry.  Usually make it up for the tournament, but missed out this year.  I am having a hard time getting in touch with people up there for up to date ice conditions/access safety. 

If anyone has ice info and how much snow that would be great.  Looking to use a quad if possible, but have run into some heavy slush in the past.  Also, I am aware that Wanakena and the narrows can sketchy, is there any word on that access area currently? 

I appreciate any info, if you would rather PM me that works as well. Would be happy to share some info on Mass Pike lakes!

Thanks!

Offline pikenforcer

• IceShanty Rookie
  • To fish or not to fish, that is the question!
Re: Cranberry Lake
« Reply #1 on: Mar 04, 2020, 10:22 PM »
There was around 12" ice and about a foot of snow on Sunday. We got a ton of rain and warm weather the last few days so it probably turned to heavy slush. Good luck.

Offline pierce1308

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Mar 05, 2020, 02:15 PM »
There is probably about 14 inches of ice and a mix of nasty white ice and slushie snow on top of that .... another really warm day ahead in the 40s and its gonna be a mess... just came off today from fishing sleds way to go ruts everywhere coming up the river and mainly running thru 6 inches slush all the way in and out , east side of dead creek flow super soft top , water up to over the running boards of snowmobile ... had to tow a guy out 2 weeks ago that buried his wheeler

Offline reKor11

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Mar 06, 2020, 11:40 PM »
Thanks for the heads up.  We decided against it after hearing about all the slush and not have a machine. Good luck!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.