Author Topic: Ice Hunting  (Read 1482 times)

Offline mistermarty

• IceShanty Rookie
Ice Hunting
« on: Dec 27, 2007, 03:52 PM »
Went out yesterday in search of safe ice... Found 6 inches at Black Rock State Park, Two guys fishing without much luck...Headed around to local ponds and found Ice and holes..caught a 15" pickerel and a 5 inch bass.
Was told that south Bantam has 5 inches and every ice fisherman in the state on it... Also told that Mount Tom was fishable... I don't guarantee the info, but it's what I was told?

Also I don't know what this day of rain has done to the ice??? Be careful all....

Trooper Bri

Re: Ice Hunting
« Reply #1 on: Dec 27, 2007, 04:50 PM »
There's another familiar name here !

I'm betting the NW hills recovered pretty well from last Sunday's tropical downpour, up until today anyway. Kind of glad to see the rain knock down the snow and crust.

Hopefully it gets cold tonight before the next batch of rain tomorrow night and Saturday, cause right now it isn't looking too good for a bunch of places. Spots in the NW hills should survive OK.
 And that's where we hope to be Sunday and maybe Tuesday, until we hear bad news.

Offline NickP

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 29, 2007, 04:40 PM »
Bantam south bay has 7-8inches

Tons of pressure because its bantam- not because theres no safe ice.

Offline bob fishin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 30, 2007, 11:00 AM »
Hey Nick ,

Been out much?
Bob K here get a hold of me .

Offline fishingabomb2006

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Dec 30, 2007, 03:31 PM »
i just got home from bantam, south bay has 2-6 inches depending on the spot and where its thin the ice it junk, all frozen slush and lots of gray spider cracked areas, i would be very very careful out there and hope for some cold to get it thicker and solid. i went up the east shore a bit and all i found was worse ice with alot of cracking and frozen slush holes
Team Goldfish 55 :-D :-D
lifetime jigging goals:
gill-done; perch-done; crappie- done; bass- done; carp-done; catfish-done, splake-done; rainbow-done; brookie- done; pike- done; pickeral-done (29inch6.5lb); white fish-done;  laker-  ;cusk-  ;salmon-  ;walleye-

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.