Author Topic: Babe Winklemans Show on OLN  (Read 3058 times)

Offline GAMBELL

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • 41" PIKE 2005!
Babe Winklemans Show on OLN
« on: Feb 01, 2006, 08:57 PM »
Did anyone catch the Babe Winkleman show today on OLN?  He was fishing in Canada in the NWT for monster pike.  It was amazing how many 20+ pound pike were caught. 

Offline C-web

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Babe Winklemans Show on OLN
« Reply #1 on: Feb 01, 2006, 10:25 PM »
Yeah i say that today.  It was amazing.  All those fish were huge!! : :o

Offline northdease

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Pike Hunter
« Reply #2 on: Feb 02, 2006, 08:35 AM »
i seen it also. i called my brother to tell him to turn it on. i would have to say the resort will be put on my wish list. the pike were like blue gills in the spring racing after the bait.

Offline beeverfishing

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 02, 2006, 04:31 PM »
If this is the same episode I saw, you can see it again at http://outdooraction.com/welcome.html  Looks like alot of fun
They have this weeks programing, and archives of past episodes.  One with Babe winkleman ice fishing for crappie and bluegills.

Offline PERCH_INC.

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • THROW THE LITTLE ONES BACK
« Reply #4 on: Feb 02, 2006, 05:51 PM »
If you have enough $$$$$ you can TOO!!!!   :tipup:
MONSTER PERCH RULE ! !  

Offline Golden Luther

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Trophy Fish and Me Don't Get Along
« Reply #5 on: Feb 03, 2006, 01:51 PM »
Any idea on the cost of one of them trips?

Offline busler15

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 03, 2006, 09:55 PM »
ha! I saw that! They said they only do like a limit of trips per year! It was like 9 or 12 groups a year i think! Thats a short season! BIG $$$$

Offline bwalleye

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • To fish or not to fish...is a stupid question
« Reply #7 on: Feb 03, 2006, 11:08 PM »
Cool site beeverfishing, thanks!
The moon is much smaller than the earth, however, it is much farther away.

Offline busler15

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Feb 04, 2006, 03:37 PM »
Yea sorry, They only allow 12 anglers per week and have a 9 week season! Like I said before. BIG $$$ = BIG PIKE!

Offline pimpmypike

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Feb 05, 2006, 08:35 PM »
well its sad to see that big money again will ruin many things in life.there should never be a price put on any wild thing.just my opinion though

Offline busler15

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Feb 06, 2006, 05:18 AM »
Well said.

Offline NickP

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Feb 06, 2006, 06:01 AM »
Wrong- if there was no price to keep the average schmuck out then you wouldnt have a pike fisherie with runts let alone tons of monsters...... You guys need to think before you post- if you charge 2k for a 2 day trip your gonna weed out the poor and middle level classes- if you charge 3k then your gonna get civilized people who probably dont know a ton about fishing but there not gonna rape the lake either.

Offline J_MAKI

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Feb 06, 2006, 09:40 AM »
Wrong- if there was no price to keep the average schmuck out then you wouldnt have a pike fisherie with runts let alone tons of monsters...... You guys need to think before you post- if you charge 2k for a 2 day trip your gonna weed out the poor and middle level classes- if you charge 3k then your gonna get civilized people who probably dont know a ton about fishing but there not gonna rape the lake either.

Yeah lets weed out the working class ::) ::) Lets start privatizing all our lakes and rivers like they do in Europe so only the rich can afford quality fishing  >:( Give me a break.
I think you are the one who should think a little more before you post. Take a look throughout history and you will see it is the rich/upper class who tends to rape and pillage the environment in the name of profit.

Jeremy

Offline beeverfishing

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Feb 06, 2006, 06:00 PM »

I can not believe you posted something so ludicrous !!!!  "Weed out the poor and middle classes"....Charge 3k to get "civilized people".  You really need to re-think your opinion. 

Just because someone is able and willing to pay 3k to go fishing certainly doesn't make them "civilized".  Infact a lot, if not most "civilized" people could care less about a fishery.  Many would prefer that hunting, fishing and trapping be banned altogether.  Chances are, unless you own your own lake, the waterway's that you fish are stocked / maintained / regulated by your state / sportmans groups.  Without these groups, (which are mainly supported by the poor and middle classes), you would have a very poor fishery.

The one thing you possibly did get right was that those who could afford such fishing, probably wouldn't know much about what they were doing.  At 3k per trip, I doubt if there are very many people who would invest the time and effort to learn such things (thats what a guide is for).

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.