Author Topic: Which Bentley Jig To Buy?  (Read 2159 times)

Offline crappie55409

• Team IceShanty Regular
Which Bentley Jig To Buy?
« on: Oct 01, 2012, 03:44 PM »
Im looking into purchasing a 12 pack of these Bentley Jigs that everyone is raving about (despite the high price).  I see they have several different sizes available and that #3 is aparently the most popular.  I mainly fish for panfish but dont want to be limited.  My question is of those who have used the Bentley Jigs what size would you recommend.  Also if you want to give me your opinion on whether these jigs are worth the money or not im not going to stop ya.

Thanks

Offline TType86

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Which Bentley Jig To Buy?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 01, 2012, 04:14 PM »
It looks like they are about the same price as the fiskas now, and its free shipping. Theyre worth it for me because I dont have to drive 30 miles to the nearest store that sells tungsten jigs. I pretty much only use tungsten ice jigs anymore because the weight of them is convenient, and it allows you to use a much smaller jig more easily. Plus the hooks are very good quality. Who knows if the crystal in the bentleys draws in more fish. I use both fiskas and bentleys and never noticed catching more on one or the other. I use the small (size 2) for bluegill mainly. I also have size 3 that the gills will also take, and Im sure the size 3 would be a good all around size for gill,perch,crappie etc..., but I havent used that size much.

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over, I'll ice fish there too!!
« Reply #2 on: Oct 01, 2012, 06:48 PM »
  I use the micro size, you wont be sorry you bought them!

Offline Gamedog1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Oct 03, 2012, 08:59 AM »
I agree, go with the smallest, the bigger ones are a waste!
We are where we are, cause that's where we choose to be.

Offline WalleyeTom

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Oct 03, 2012, 10:38 AM »
I fish perch 10" - 13".  What size would you recommend?

Where can I buy them that they wont charge an arm and a leg to ship to Canada?  No free shipping here.  In fact one place wants about $35.00 to ship 15 hooks.
Stay safe  ....    Tom

Offline PerchFace

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Oct 26, 2012, 07:51 PM »
R u guys talking about the g hopper jigs? They do look pretty sweet. I would prob have a hard time keeping it out of my own mouth
Gunna freak fish out through the ice this year

Offline spikes

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Oct 27, 2012, 07:51 AM »
I have the fiska and I like the quality but can not say the same with the bentley.  I purchased a set of the small and the diamond on front were glued all over the place.   Barely any are centered, some are on most are on one side or another.   Not impressed

Offline dylan8351

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Its got some weight to it!
« Reply #7 on: Oct 27, 2012, 08:11 AM »
I have just about every Bentley jig in every color and size that is sold in the US and many that are available to only Euro markets. I fish them in many spots because of new laws preventing lead jigs from being used. I fish mainly crappie and bluegill but hook into many other species throughout the year. I fish tungsten because of its size to weight ratio. If i was able to choose only one jig I would choose the size 3 bumblebee in chartreuse. I rarely use anything smaller because I have never had the need to. The size 4 jigs work wonders with minnows for slab crappie!

Check out some of their new jigs that are out.
http://dbiceadventures.wordpress.com/2012/03/09/new-jigs-from-bentley/

I'll keep my guns, freedom, and money. You can keep "The Change"

Offline bpiatt

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Oct 27, 2012, 08:40 AM »
Bentley jigs are gorgeous looking but they are super pricey. Check out kodiak jigs or the wonderful selection at your bobbers down.

Offline Hardwaterhunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Oct 27, 2012, 01:17 PM »
 I bought some a couple of weeks and this morning while putting them in my Rose Creek Box I had a Crystal fall right off   >:( Needless to say I wasn't impressed with their product. After inspecting this jig with a Loupe it would seem this would be a problem with others as well. Has anyone else had this issue with theirs as well ?

Offline thesleddinfisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Summer Sucks!
« Reply #10 on: Oct 27, 2012, 02:07 PM »
I bought some a couple of weeks and this morning while putting them in my Rose Creek Box I had a Crystal fall right off   >:( Needless to say I wasn't impressed with their product. After inspecting this jig with a Loupe it would seem this would be a problem with others as well. Has anyone else had this issue with theirs as well ?

Mine all look beautiful, crystals glued on straight and true, excellent paint and clear-coat (no paint in hook eyes at all). One bad apple spoils the batch perhaps?

Offline ULking

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Ice Baby!!!
« Reply #11 on: Oct 27, 2012, 02:53 PM »
I've never bought Bentley jigs but have gotten done fiska and other cheaper ones...ill just say its worth spending a little extra on the fiska or Bentley jigs so you don't have to get the paint out of the eye! I HATE that lol. Id try to work "match the hatch" if your only buying a few
A bad day of fishin is still better than a good day at work!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.