Author Topic: Thorne Bros Quiverstick Stealth........  (Read 3853 times)

Offline Hardwaterhunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
Thorne Bros Quiverstick Stealth........
« on: Oct 27, 2011, 07:33 PM »
  Has anyone on Shanty bought one and if so, how do you like the Syncork handle ? 

Offline Ekruger01

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Thorne Bros Quiverstick Stealth........
« Reply #1 on: Oct 27, 2011, 09:29 PM »
Syncork Is nice. Feels like styrofoam but is alot lighter than cork, Also will never mold or change color.

Offline anglerbrian

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Fun n Games Til Someone loses a Walleye
« Reply #2 on: Oct 28, 2011, 09:51 PM »
They look awesome but $85.00
O.M.G.!!! :o :o then again  I want one!
Old fishermen never die, they just smell that way.

Offline Hardwaterhunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Oct 28, 2011, 10:43 PM »
  It would seem like the syncork is real soft and spungy. I own 2 Quiversticks that were made during their first or second batch 3 years ago and you feel everything as it`s the most sensitive Ice Rod that I`ve used bar none.   

Offline ryno

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ditch the bobbers and get a 'tight line'
« Reply #4 on: Oct 29, 2011, 12:36 AM »
I have 2 original quiver sticks that I just got and look to be my new favorite tightline stick.  The thing I like bout the TB rods is the 4 and 5 inch handles you can get.  So I don't think I would care for the syncork handle with the flared ends.  I know the syncork would be liter but the cork version amazingly lite anyways.  The only way I would maybe like that handle is if its on a longer rod like 34"+ for outside use and hole hoping.
]

Offline Hardwaterhunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Oct 29, 2011, 07:32 AM »
I have 2 original quiver sticks that I just got and look to be my new favorite tightline stick.  The thing I like bout the TB rods is the 4 and 5 inch handles you can get.  So I don't think I would care for the syncork handle with the flared ends.  I know the syncork would be liter but the cork version amazingly lite anyways.  The only way I would maybe like that handle is if its on a longer rod like 34"+ for outside use and hole hoping.

The Quiverstick and Powernoodle are the best panfish rods I've ever used and I've used a bunch through the years. I caught seven small pike in the 2-3 pound class last year on the Quiverstick and it's amazing how a rod that light and sesitive can have that much backbone and power. Is that a Powernooldle in your Avatar ?

Offline ryno

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ditch the bobbers and get a 'tight line'
« Reply #6 on: Oct 29, 2011, 07:48 AM »
That would be a power noodle.  I landed a couple bass last year that were over 4lbs and did battle with some northerns that I'm sure where well over that.  They are a tough rod for having such a soft tip.  These new quiver sticks look to be every bit as good...and some how feel more sensitive.  I just think you would loose some sensitivity with that kind of handle...unless you are touching the blank or line with a finger.  Basically, ill stick with the traditional cork handles.
]

Offline Hardwaterhunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Oct 29, 2011, 08:11 AM »
 I have a 32" Powernoodle going on it's 3rd season and like you have said, it handles those bigger fish that you get while jigging for Gills and Crappies. I have a 29" Noodle on order as well.

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #8 on: Oct 29, 2011, 09:17 AM »
The Quiverstick and Powernoodle are the best panfish rods I've ever used

I have to agree, great rods. I think it may be a bit early for this question. this is a new product, and even those who have purchased it have not had the chance to get it out on the ice. I wont be buying one. love the one i have

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.