Author Topic: heading out today  (Read 3092 times)

Offline billebob5

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FLAG
heading out today
« on: Jan 21, 2020, 02:22 PM »
heading out today on the DUP / Kane border.  Anyone been out lately?  Have the fish been shallow?  Deep?  Active?  Any insight appreciated.

Will drill a ton of holes in this lake usually in the basin.  90% of the time we have good success but being that this year has been so weird wasn't really sure if that was the best plan.

thanks!!
Clam Bigfoot 
Marcum
Jiffy Stealth
K-Drill!

Lo the angler. He riseth in the early morning and upsetteth the whole household. Mighty are his preparations. He goeth forth with great hope in his heart and when the day is far spent, he returneth, smelling of strong drink, and the truth is not in him.

Offline Chiroguyf250

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: heading out today
« Reply #1 on: Jan 22, 2020, 07:40 AM »

Went out on Sunday on a small shallow pond (6’ at the deepest) in Mchenry county. Ice was 4.5 inches drilled a bunch of holes had two flags and the gils were slow to bite which was odd for there. Will be going out over the weekend. hopefully our other ponds have better ice.

Good luck
I've got your back!

Offline billebob5

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FLAG
« Reply #2 on: Jan 22, 2020, 10:14 AM »
had a lot of movement on the flasher but the bite was so light it was almost undetectable.  Very strange for my pond as well.  Fish were not shallow.  Best action was in the deepest part of the lake.
Clam Bigfoot 
Marcum
Jiffy Stealth
K-Drill!

Lo the angler. He riseth in the early morning and upsetteth the whole household. Mighty are his preparations. He goeth forth with great hope in his heart and when the day is far spent, he returneth, smelling of strong drink, and the truth is not in him.

Offline PoleJerker

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 22, 2020, 11:40 AM »
Good luck and stay safe.

Offline billebob5

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • FLAG
« Reply #4 on: Jan 23, 2020, 08:53 AM »
ice was about 4.   I'm not a large guy (in my mind LOL) so it was extremely safe.  solid ice, no slush in any layer.
Clam Bigfoot 
Marcum
Jiffy Stealth
K-Drill!

Offline Unclegillhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice So Nice
« Reply #5 on: Jan 23, 2020, 11:22 AM »
had a lot of movement on the flasher but the bite was so light it was almost undetectable.  Very strange for my pond as well.  Fish were not shallow.  Best action was in the deepest part of the lake.
Don’t feel lonely! I was out Sunday and marked a lot of fish watched them chase the jigs, watched them checking the jigs out on the camera! Just couldn’t get them to bight. Everyone I talked to had the same story of couldn’t get them to hit!
Keep it safe! JDL

Offline Sylvanboat

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jan 24, 2020, 07:59 AM »
Heading to Shabbona Lake today.

Offline cjlangellier

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 24, 2020, 02:52 PM »
Heading to Shabbona Lake today.

Would love to get an ice report this evening if you don't mind.  I'm thinking about heading that way tomorrow morning.

Offline Sylvanboat

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Jan 24, 2020, 07:10 PM »
Fished Shabbona Jan 24 from 11am - 3pm.  I parked at campground lot.  Ice is 5 inches but avoid beaver house where ice is thin. I checked the cribs off the campground. Little action. I was going to check the Indian Rd but never got there.  I saw some huts off Somonauk Pt.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.