New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Adirondack Last Hurrah  (Read 1998 times)

Offline cnyiceguy

• IceShanty Rookie
Adirondack Last Hurrah
« on: Mar 30, 2020, 10:02 AM »
With social distance in mind, I found some good ice in the northern ADKs. East and North shorelines were punky...but had good entry on a shaded south shore. 3-4" of white ice over 4-6" ice. Was really surprised how the ice held up. Due to family obligations I only fished about 2 hrs. Practiced C&R since time wouldn't allow for cleaning fish. Caught 16 perch and a 25" pike. The normally tea colored water was crystal clear so the fish were deeper and spookier than expected. I normally catch bigger fish shallow this time of year.  I'd catch a couple big fish shallow..then dinks would move in. None the less it was nice to get out one last time!

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Re: Adirondack Last Hurrah
« Reply #1 on: Mar 30, 2020, 03:19 PM »
Thank you for the photos and report. Nice that you could get one last ice fishing trip in this season.
 Steve

Offline 62&done

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Mar 30, 2020, 04:32 PM »
Congrats iceguy   nice way to finish off the season, in fact I'm a little jealous  I'm really missing the ice so next winter can't come soon enough. I know most like the summer but they can have the bugs.

Offline cnyiceguy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Mar 30, 2020, 05:07 PM »
Thank you. The ice was surprisingly good. The auger sliced through the white but the clear underneath was good and hard. The lake is about 400 acres and doesn't have a major stream running through it so it holds ice real well. The rain this week may wipe out any leftover good ice. I think a lake like Chazy may still be pretty good. Its high elevation and not a lot of flow through it.

Offline Adironzach

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Certified Doe Dragger
« Reply #4 on: Mar 31, 2020, 10:04 AM »
I was able to squeeze one more last trip out yesterday as well. While slow, happy i was able to make it out. The rain started later than called for and ended early too! Only 9 more months until the season starts again!  :clap:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.