New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: sandy pond  (Read 59602 times)

Offline finsntins

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: sandy pond
« Reply #600 on: Feb 26, 2020, 04:43 PM »
you guys might need a dozer to get you out on the pond this weekend!!!!!!!

Offline Birdslayer

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Keep moving
« Reply #601 on: Feb 27, 2020, 04:51 PM »
Hey Boggey,

You all snowed in down there on the pond? we only have about 4in so far here in town but the wind.... that's something else!
Find the bite, Fish the bite, repeat

Offline obrien380

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #602 on: Feb 27, 2020, 09:17 PM »
Boggey me and the wife are going to have to withdraw from the tournament. Hope all you guys and gals have a good and safe time.

Offline New Old Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #603 on: Feb 28, 2020, 03:44 AM »
Yo Oby

Check the Team Perch Tournament thread, and thank you for your contribution and support. Because of weather and ice conditions we had to pull the plug on the tournament till next year. Again thanks for your support.

Boggey
Start each day with the exuberance of a 10 year old . Do not allow those around you to diminish that exuberance.

Offline cnypanfisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #604 on: Feb 28, 2020, 05:14 AM »
Hard to believe there will be A drop of snow left on the pond with these winds, it is blowing like hell down here. Sunday the winds abate, doesn't look bad to fish Sunday. 2 Weeks at least left if it stays cool, right into prime perch fishing. I need to get up and chase those panfish at least once this year.

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #605 on: Feb 28, 2020, 06:35 AM »
headed  right back into the high 40's  .....old man you buried upthere???

the long range forecast says above average temps this year  not to mention the days are getting longer...get out while you can!

Offline rippem

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #606 on: Mar 01, 2020, 09:43 AM »
Anyone know how the ice conditions are at green point?

Offline rippem

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #607 on: Mar 01, 2020, 10:17 AM »
Or ice conditions out of the elms?

Offline New Old Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #608 on: Mar 01, 2020, 10:25 PM »
Yo Guys & Gals

Zapped by the fickle finger of fate
 Why couldn't we have.  Sunday's weather for our Team Perch Tournament. I was fishing in a long sleeve flannel shirt by noon and sunglasses. Absolutely a. beautiful day. Might even have a slight sunburn on the back of my neck and face.

The newbie I brought out last week ended up with the first 9 keepers before I caught my first keeper
 There's 2 ways to look at this. Either I am an awfully bad fisherman or I am a great teacher.. Both could be true I guess.

I was even visited by my old fishing bud Hacket who came out with his son. He walked all the way out to the rock pile to sit on my open shanty bench, eat some of my sharp cheese and berate me because my newbie was spanking me so bad
 He further added insult to injury by grabbing one of my poles, sat at the hole I had just vacated and promptly yanked a 10 inch keeper through the ice. After that he quipped " that's how you do it Boggey",and then trekked back to where his son was fishing.

Did I say Old friend?  I think I meant ex friend.
 I'm telling you folks, I'm getting a Rodney Dangerfield complex here. " I don't get no respect around here". Laugh if you want but it hurts :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

Oh well, all's well that ends well. Old Boggey did manage a comeback with a late day bite and caught a nice fat 11 incher.to close the day.

Did I mention it was a beautiful sun drenched day and I think I hooked another newbie for life. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Boggey
Start each day with the exuberance of a 10 year old . Do not allow those around you to diminish that exuberance.

Offline scout57

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • life's to short,lets go ice fishin'
« Reply #609 on: Mar 02, 2020, 03:03 AM »
good stuff boggie

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #610 on: Mar 02, 2020, 05:04 AM »
nice old man .....  :thumbsup:

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #611 on: Mar 02, 2020, 06:44 AM »
Boggey, you have to love days like yesterday. Great story and I am sure we have all had days, and friends, like that....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline THE KRACKEN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #612 on: Mar 02, 2020, 11:18 AM »
Another page into Boggey’s book. 👍😀🇺🇸😎
Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught.

Offline New Old Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #613 on: Mar 06, 2020, 06:05 AM »
Yo Guys. & Gals
I have to admit, I have been a bit unfaithful to the Pond this last week, making several trips up to Eel Bay. The bite was initially pretty good on Monday and dropped significantly in my 2 return trips.

Somewhere in between , Wednesday I believe, I spent a half day on the Pond and racked up a pretty good catch of perch. One dozen with (4) 10 inch fatties an 11 incher and gave up 3 lures to them dang slime logs..

I'm not the only one traveling up north for more stable ice conditions. I have seen several of my cohorts as well popping holes in the north country.

I am posting, not to shut the door or close the ice fishing season on the Pond, but to advise the weary few who have attempted to yank them 7 stripers through the ice this year, to be cognizant, we are now in spring conditions on the Pond and as evidenced by the lack of any activity, most of our seasoned fishermen realize the safety issues prior to venturing out at this late date

The ice shows heavy deterioration on top. Even the harder ice beneath is witnessing a lot of air bubbles., a sign of unstable ice conditions. Not advocating entry out on the ice this weekend, but if you do please spud every step. Beware the pressure cracks are showing signs of separation. Go out in two's or groups. The Creek flows are taking their toll on the deteriorating ice conditions as well.
Lastly, keep in mind,  no fish is worth placing your life or the life of a would be rescuer in harm's way. I want to see you all out on the Pond with me next year. I got my new (used) Starcraft I will be putting in the water in a couple of weeks, I hope.  I'mm looking forward to getting them long poles out and getting some fishing tips from my friend , Oldtimer when he gets back up from Florida. Or to get that highly coveted invitation to share a boat ride with hunts2long on the Great Sacandaga this summer.

Let me close with the serious admonition. Should you go out on the Pond this weekend, SPUD SPUD SPUD

BOGGEY

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #614 on: Mar 06, 2020, 06:21 AM »
Boggey, good report, as they always are. Get that boat ready and we hope to see you over on MFF....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline New Old Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #615 on: Mar 08, 2020, 06:15 PM »
Beautiful sunny catch day on the Pond
 Ice was 8 inches thick
 Top is waning fast. Enjoy it while we got it. My son and his family joined me on the ice. We caught enough perch to have a fresh family fish fry. How's that for alliteration?

Good bite great time and nothing beats a fresh perch fry with the family
 Life is great. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Boggey

Offline mdm25549

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #616 on: Mar 08, 2020, 06:55 PM »
Went to the pond this evening for crappies. Greene point shut down their access for the season despite the ice still being quite firm although tomorrow will put a dent in that so I get it. Went over to south pond as I have access there and put myself in knee deep as the edge deteriorated. Looks like I’m done sooner than I thought, figured I’d get out for crappies at least once or twice more.

Offline THE KRACKEN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #617 on: Mar 09, 2020, 06:13 PM »
Nice job Boggey...work is great  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) :-\ :-\ :-\
Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught.

Offline New Old Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #618 on: Mar 09, 2020, 09:28 PM »
Yo Guys & Gals,
It is officially shut down time for Boggey on the Pond. I'm getting the long poles out and getting the Starcraft ready for the water.. I will use this brief hiatus from fishing to get some work done on the camp so I can devote the majority of my time too getting grand kids and great grandkids hooked on Poppy's fav past time, fishing.

Glad I got to fish with a lot of my old friends. Sorry for all the connections I didn't get to keep. Looking to join friends and family over on. Mff.

See you next season,

BOGGEY

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.