New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD  (Read 1339041 times)

Offline kpd145

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Shove 'em in
Re: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD
« Reply #11010 on: Jan 02, 2021, 08:30 AM »
hit George yesterday, its all open, went on kayak, 19 degrees when we got there with more wind than forecasted. Sucks having frozen line and guides but overall not a bad day at all.

My ducer hangs about 3 inches below water line, I had almost 38 degrees in deeper water.

No ice in sight. saw 2 boats out yesterday along shore line running somewhere.

When we got off, group of people doing a polar plunge at a beach.

Decent day, we all caught fish
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming, "Wow! What a RIDE!"--Hunter S. Thompson

Offline Sm94427p

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11011 on: Jan 02, 2021, 09:11 AM »
hit George yesterday, its all open, went on kayak, 19 degrees when we got there with more wind than forecasted. Sucks having frozen line and guides but overall not a bad day at all.

My ducer hangs about 3 inches below water line, I had almost 38 degrees in deeper water.

What did you catch I’m tempted to bring up my yak but I don’t have a dry suit

Offline AdkKen

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11012 on: Jan 02, 2021, 09:19 AM »
Buddy of mine went out on LG last week with a couple others in a row boat.  He did this last year too. The vid from last year shows how he does it safely.  They had a decent couple hours on the lake catching some perch.

Offline DerekF_17

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11013 on: Jan 02, 2021, 10:44 AM »
Thanks. Decided to give the Tupper Lake area a shot next weekend. Will post results

Offline Ice Chipper

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11014 on: Jan 02, 2021, 12:08 PM »
Why do people keep 8" perch? Must be real hungry!

Offline Neil McCauley

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11015 on: Jan 03, 2021, 07:08 PM »
Will The King freeze this year? Hall's Boats water temp says 37F. That can't be right...But I'm getting nervous.  :blink:

Offline Mikey Ice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11016 on: Jan 04, 2021, 09:03 AM »
not looking good for ice this year on the King
theres still plenty of boats out there

Offline Adironzach

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Certified Doe Dragger
« Reply #11017 on: Jan 04, 2021, 02:49 PM »
That sounds more enjoyable.  While it doesn't bug me anymore we already had a local drive through our set with his snowmobile on southbay yesterday.  Same ones that have done it to me in years past.  I keep forgetting so when it happened yesterday I couldn't help laughing it off.  He went about 3 feet from my buddies tipup.

I had that happen to me on durant a two weeks ago. The ski was inches away from my vertical component of the tip up, thankfully the arm didnt break. Plenty of space all around too so no need for the sled to even be that close to us.

Why do people keep 8" perch? Must be real hungry!

I keep the small perch on large bodies of water such as LG, and use them as fertilizer for my garden.

Offline Adironzach

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Certified Doe Dragger
« Reply #11018 on: Jan 04, 2021, 05:53 PM »
Was that when you went with Bill?

It was the following day. Fished with bill on sat then my other buddy on Sunday.

Offline kpd145

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Shove 'em in
« Reply #11019 on: Jan 05, 2021, 07:27 AM »
Will The King freeze this year? Hall's Boats water temp says 37F. That can't be right...But I'm getting nervous.  :blink:

My fish finder read over 37.5 degrees in 75 fow of water as of Jan 3rd. 
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming, "Wow! What a RIDE!"--Hunter S. Thompson

Offline kpd145

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Shove 'em in
« Reply #11020 on: Jan 05, 2021, 12:19 PM »
Ken is mdb open still.  If so we gotta take the boat out.

Not sure on MDB, I went from vets. I havent seen any signs of ice at all the 2 times ive recently gone up there.

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11021 on: Jan 05, 2021, 12:57 PM »
Not sure on MDB, I went from vets. I havent seen any signs of ice at all the 2 times ive recently gone up there.

Are you out in a kayak?
Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange,
Maybe off on some high cold mountain chain.

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11022 on: Jan 07, 2021, 10:30 AM »
Wouldn't be ice dependant it would be the town deciding to block the ramp and that's a LONG tow to have to turn around with a 20ft boat!
Because of covid or cold water boating safety? If so both bogus reasons to close a ramp!

Offline kpd145

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Shove 'em in
« Reply #11023 on: Jan 07, 2021, 11:56 AM »

Offline kpd145

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Shove 'em in
« Reply #11024 on: Jan 07, 2021, 11:58 AM »
Wouldn't be ice dependant it would be the town deciding to block the ramp and that's a LONG tow to have to turn around with a 20ft boat!

End of last ice season everything other access point was closed but MDB was open. Not sure if it was due to Covid or something else.

Offline ronl47

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11025 on: Jan 07, 2021, 01:06 PM »

Was the launch at the beach open ?

Offline NHhunter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11026 on: Jan 08, 2021, 07:59 AM »
 As of yesterday there still wasn't any sign of ice at the Vets. Doesn't look good for the home team.  Fellow ice fishermen are getting nice crappies at South Bay using minnows and tip ups.

Offline ReelADK

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11027 on: Jan 08, 2021, 08:54 AM »
Thats excellent for the home team.  Thanks.
Can confirm about the crappies on South Bay. They were hitting left and right last weekend

Offline Dirtyhooker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11028 on: Jan 08, 2021, 11:03 AM »
Just drove by million Dollar Beach launch good to go I have seen vets prior years blocked by Ice eaters

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11029 on: Jan 08, 2021, 04:15 PM »
Not what I am after.  Already did that.  Open water on LG is what I am after.
Open what is what it’s come down to now for you buddy! That’s when you know! Sad times stay in touch this year man I’ll be out somewhere this weekend if your interested in some pike

Offline AdkKen

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11030 on: Jan 09, 2021, 08:22 AM »
Hey guys. This is one of my favorite guys to follow on YouTube.  He is local and I have fished with him before.  Very knowledgeable guy. 

Anyway he put this up and I thought I would share as this machine he uses to vacuum seal (a chamber vac) his perch is awesome. Being LG is a great perch lake I wanted to share. I will have to get one myself at some point.  But it works without you having to worry about water or moisture getting in the seal so you can pretty much seal up anything. 

If you look in his other video about it the bags are much cheaper, so eventually it off sets the cost of the machine if you do what he does and seals up garden vegetables and venison too. 

Offline Sm94427p

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11031 on: Jan 09, 2021, 04:01 PM »
That guys got some good local knowledge I like that channel

Offline perchinmybucket

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11032 on: Jan 10, 2021, 07:23 PM »
It would be super nice to get rid of some of the clouds so we could get some clear satellite images of the lake coming up soon. Fingers crossed that some of the bays go with calm nights.

Offline kpd145

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Shove 'em in
« Reply #11033 on: Jan 11, 2021, 06:32 AM »
Water still almost 36.5 degrees where I was fishing around 70fow yesterday.

Offline icebuck

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11034 on: Jan 11, 2021, 06:48 AM »
I took a drive/walk in Hogtown yesterday. Log/Shelving Rock Bay have nothing. I was wishing I was out in my kayak.

Offline kpd145

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Shove 'em in
« Reply #11035 on: Jan 11, 2021, 06:56 AM »
I was wishing I was out in my kayak.

I was out in mine yesterday, it was 14 degrees when I got on water, my rudder was frozen so I had to use my paddle to steer.  Wind was worse than forecasted and no sun until around noon when it calmed down.

Even with me freezing for 5 hours in the morning, my total tally of landed fish was WELL WORTH IT!  ;)

I was one of the guys out on Schroon Friday, but I figured Sat and Sun would be a zoo with everyone knowing north end can be ice fished. I avoided the weekend warriors and went to George on my yak.

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11036 on: Jan 11, 2021, 05:10 PM »
I was out in mine yesterday, it was 14 degrees when I got on water, my rudder was frozen so I had to use my paddle to steer.  Wind was worse than forecasted and no sun until around noon when it calmed down.

Even with me freezing for 5 hours in the morning, my total tally of landed fish was WELL WORTH IT!  ;)

I was one of the guys out on Schroon Friday, but I figured Sat and Sun would be a zoo with everyone knowing north end can be ice fished. I avoided the weekend warriors and went to George on my yak.

Good work buddy! Smart move

Offline Mentiply

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11037 on: Jan 12, 2021, 10:32 AM »

That can be cured by a few more cold nights. I'm hoping  in about a week or so we start to lock up some of the bays.

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11038 on: Jan 12, 2021, 02:02 PM »
35.8 as of this am let’s see what this warmer week n rain shot does

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11039 on: Jan 12, 2021, 02:02 PM »
That can be cured by a few more cold nights. I'm hoping  in about a week or so we start to lock up some of the bays.
Maybe after the 28th ish

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.