Author Topic: posting avitar in profile  (Read 1180 times)

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
posting avitar in profile
« on: Oct 15, 2017, 07:14 AM »
It's been a few years since I've been here so a few things are new to me...like posting an avitar from photobucket. Which link do I use and is there anything else I should know...like this 3rd party thing? Any help appreciated. Thanks
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
Re: posting avitar in profile
« Reply #1 on: Oct 15, 2017, 08:38 AM »
You'll be surprised to learn that Photobucket now wants big buck$ to use their service!! Most member have found alternate photo hosting sites.  Sites such as Photoimage and Imgur come to mind. I'm sure our members will be more than willing to help you out! BTW, welcome back to the addiction!!! ;)
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline Fisherman 1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish..the other white meat
« Reply #2 on: Oct 15, 2017, 01:11 PM »
Imgur is very simple to use, I tried Flickr and it turns out to be a royal PITA.  I had to switch, Photobucket no longer worked for me and they wanted a crazy amount of money to get the pictures back.  They can make TP out of them for all I care.

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
« Reply #3 on: Oct 15, 2017, 02:25 PM »
Thanks guys...'preciate the info  :thumbsup:
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #4 on: Oct 16, 2017, 09:55 AM »
i switched to www.postimage.org.

the admin incorporated this site/mod as a plug-in to iceshanty for posting images. you'll see a blue hyper link that says add photos. when you use this for posting images, you do not have to use your postimage account. in fact, you don't have to have one to post images here any more, other than for your forum profile.

also, postimage has a windows app that makes loading pics here easy also. just look for the word app on top of their web page.
you might get away with using the app for your profile images. i haven't tried.

when using a host site that is using ssl (such as postimage.org does) for your avatar, just remove the letter S from the hyper link. ssl links look like this HTTPS. you want to make it read like this HTTP in the beginning of the link. it seems to not matter for posting images or signature images.

remember your avatar photo has a limited size before it will recognize it as an avatar. the sig. photos should auto-resize for you.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.