Author Topic: Is Stored data going to be erased? From ice shanty?? Cause of photo bucket??  (Read 1501 times)

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Wondering what every ones concencess and thoughts on this is?? Are they planning to erase stored data like posts etc that used to have pictures attached to them?? I know it would probably save the sites money and it's members doing so??  It's not hard to repost pictures in new threads but when you think about it is twice the stored data costing ice shanty money to store.. only reason I think it might be needed is every one can't see a picture that explains the post... so  why not get rid of a lot of stored data then??  If the site does do this please keep post counts etc  same along with pin's  ,stickys etc.. and we will fill in the rest as we go best we can..  but it is a shame that greed put us in this position .. any how if the site decides to erase this data please let all members know etc.. etc..  . Thank you for any points of light every one /any one  can shed on this matter..

Offline Idahogator

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Muckeltonian Society
Is it not true ~ Everyone has copies of all their photos stored, index labeled, well organized on/in separate media, prints, dedicated external - stand alone hard drives?   Or did they just fall off the turnip wagon?
                       ???    :nono:   :cookoo:

Find a different/new hosting site and re-post the proper link(s) as you modify your original post.

Knowledge of any of that can be picked up ~ Google knows EVERYTHING !

That is how we cavemen do it.    ;)2

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Is it not true ~ Everyone has copies of all their photos stored, index labeled, well organized on/in separate media, prints, dedicated external - stand alone hard drives?   Or did they just fall off the turnip wagon?
                       ???    :nono:   :cookoo:

from what others are saying there charging 400 to get your photos back from photo bucket I have already made switch to imugur

Find a different/new hosting site and re-post the proper link(s) as you modify your original post.

Already have

Knowledge of any of that can be picked up ~ Google knows EVERYTHING !

trying to go threw 100 pages with no photos and editing old post is a tad bit rediculous.. like some photos were lost etc..that why I won't be editing mine truthfully... will be probllay asked hundreds of questions on how to do this that and will be glad to answer.. 

That is how we cavemen do it.    ;)2

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!

from what others are saying there charging 400 to get your photos back from photo bucket I have already made switch to imugur

PB wanted the 4 bills to access your pics for 3rd party hosting, they were not ransoming your pics. Granted they did not make it easy to remove them but I did just that despite the fact I still had copies on my PC.

If that was the only place you had those pics stored I don't have too much sympathy for you. Heck I don't even trust my own hard drive much less some service I pay nothing for. Always have a contingency for data, media, documents, whatever. I'd never keep one of almost anything. It's too cheap and easy to archive/back up.

As far as imgur or any other "free" hosting service goes, I wouldn't trust them either. If you read the "Terms of Service that you electronically signed when you went on there you would have agreed to this in the "Stuff  Not To Do" section:

Also, don't use Imgur to host image libraries you link to from elsewhere, content for your website, advertising, avatars, or anything else that turns us into your content delivery network. If you do – and we will be the judge – or if you do anything illegal, in addition to any other legal rights we may have, we will ban you along with the site you're hotlinking from, delete all your images, report you to the authorities if necessary, and prevent you from viewing any images hosted on Imgur.com. We mean it.

Good luck. I'm still considering other options.

Regarding pictureless posts here, well I've got a ton of 'em too and don't relish the thought of catching them all up. There are a few, though, that merit recovery (IMO) and will likely do that at some point. Sad thing is there is some stuff that has been posted by folks that was extremely valuable (I'm thinking about the auger blade sharpening tutorial by AX7 for example). That may probably lost forever.

Way back in the day ISPs used to offer a certain amount of free web space with your contract. That would have been the perfect place to host your own stuff from. I actually created a small website with mine and maintained that for awhile. Too bad those options are gone...

I hope PhotoSchmuckit rots.....  >:(

To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
You hopes photo bucket rots.. same here cause I dont blame ya lol's.. did a bunch of searching for stuff last night it's not hard to find stuff it's harder to find old pass words for old accounts you have changed like my Comcast.com account I changed to att.com and lost my Comcast email and lost a ton of Web site's info cause of this like pictures etc.. ended out signing up for Gmail and yahoo accounts after that cause once you drop services it sucks..

but any ways just was hoping the site was "not" going to erase all the awesome info every one put up helping others.. for one it's a welth of knowledge.  Did not want to see it  cause of the greed of a company ..secondly  there are a few members that have passes on  that I am glad they don't want to delete old  stuff from like other sites do.. were else could they go to read deer dad's old posts or grand dad's  from when he was around.. any how you guys see what I mean..

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.