New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: “SANDY POND “by Boggey  (Read 131681 times)

Offline New Old Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: “SANDY POND “by Boggey
« Reply #90 on: Jan 28, 2021, 04:58 AM »
Short answer: Yes. Ample parking for 50 truck/trailer tandems. Residential neighborhood. Porta-potty. Your state tax dollars at work. Keep it clean.

Boggey
Start each day with the exuberance of a 10 year old . Do not allow those around you to diminish that exuberance.

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #91 on: Jan 28, 2021, 05:02 AM »
Yo Jim sent you a PM.
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline THE KRACKEN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #92 on: Jan 28, 2021, 09:06 AM »
Stanley Drive which is where the State boat launch is. Lots of space.
Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught.

Offline New Old Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #93 on: Jan 28, 2021, 09:47 AM »
Is it true there’s parking on Doreen dr?

Yeh Nykonsdream,

Don’t want to confuse you or anyone else for that matter. Just a point of information related to (The Krackin’s) post and mine. I checked maps out and they show the little spur that runs off of Stanley Drive , which forms the parking lot and the ramp to be Doreen Drive. As we locals have always referred to it as Stanley Drive, anyone looking at it on maps would see that spur is designated as Doreen Drive. The two are one and the same. I hope that clarified the issue.

Boggey
Start each day with the exuberance of a 10 year old . Do not allow those around you to diminish that exuberance.

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #94 on: Jan 28, 2021, 09:56 AM »
boggy i don't understand

Offline New Old Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #95 on: Jan 28, 2021, 10:17 AM »
boggy i don't understand

Yo Trap,

Why am I not surprised? :nono:

Offline THE KRACKEN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #96 on: Jan 28, 2021, 11:19 AM »
Thanks Boggey mine was assumption. Your was more precise. 😀👍😀🇺🇸😎

Offline New Old Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #97 on: Jan 28, 2021, 11:51 AM »
Yo John,

Took the day off. Had to make some repairs to the Shapell and the smitty. With the temps we are having the next few days, this old Geezer ain’t sitting on no pail, even bought a new heater for the shanty. Torn about where to go In the morning. Leaning towards Port Bay to spend some time with my old bud, IceJohn.

Boggey

Did a gear check for the shanty. Just got to load it up on the truck and ready to head out in the AM.

Offline Stu45

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Start 'em young
« Reply #98 on: Jan 28, 2021, 12:30 PM »
Boggey, let me know if you decide to head to Port Bay, maybe I'll take the day off to meet you there depending on how my shift goes tonight.
There's a difference between having ten years experience and repeating your Rookie year 10 times!

Offline THE KRACKEN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #99 on: Jan 28, 2021, 12:47 PM »
Good luck hiding up to Chamont Friday.

Offline New Old Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #100 on: Jan 28, 2021, 12:56 PM »
Yo John,

Good Luck on Chaumont bud. I was torn which way to go. Drop a dime when you get there if you have any luck my friend. I will do the same.

Boggey

Offline nykonsdream

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #101 on: Jan 28, 2021, 02:48 PM »
That definitely cleared it up boggy thanks for the much needed info, I’ve always been to wigwam but never ventured farther
.... AND TO THE FISHING GODS WE SHALL PRAY

Offline nykonsdream

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #102 on: Jan 28, 2021, 03:23 PM »
“Son, you always take out more then you bring in” points to garbage on the lake
“ yea dad I see it”
I can still hear his voice

Can’t wait to take my boy out fishing this weekend to teach him traditions

Offline coast51

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #103 on: Jan 28, 2021, 03:37 PM »
Great Traditions to pass down for sure.

Offline New Old Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #104 on: Jan 28, 2021, 04:01 PM »
Yo Nykonsdream,

Make it so my friend. Neither you nor he will forget these precious moments you are sharing. Can’t wait myself to get this corona virus thing behind us. I’ve got 13 grandkids and 3 great grandkids to share my shanty with. Just not now. These times weigh heavy on GrandPas don’t you know.

Nykonsdream you will never regret the time spent with your son. Rejoice in these coming years. They are truly the best of times and will determine the young man he will come to be and the man you are. You are making memories to last a lifetime.

Boggey

Offline Jigger

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #105 on: Jan 28, 2021, 04:03 PM »
Good luck guys I’m going to try my walleye spot on the pond now that the ice will support my snowmobile,and maybe find where the perch are hiding.I will be trying to get as much fishing in before surgery on my left arm to move a pinched nerve which will be 2/28 so it will be a short season for me.

Offline New Old Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #106 on: Jan 28, 2021, 04:30 PM »
Good luck guys I’m going to try my walleye spot on the pond now that the ice will support my snowmobile,and maybe find where the perch are hiding.I will be trying to get as much fishing in before surgery on my left arm to move a pinched nerve which will be 2/28 so it will be a short season for me.

Yo Jigger,

I know you will find the new. “Honey hole”.  I hope your operation is a success and your rehab goes smoothly my friend. If you get too bored come over and we will get the cribbage board out. I will help you hold your cards and I won’t even peek at them.😀😀😀

I will see you Monday. Traveling this weekend. Stay safe my friend

Boggey

Offline THE KRACKEN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #107 on: Jan 28, 2021, 05:49 PM »
Sorry bud.....hey we need to get together on that "spot" we fished one tournament. Maybe dune soon?

Offline Jigger

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #108 on: Jan 28, 2021, 06:45 PM »
Sounds good John And thanks Jim

Offline New Old Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #109 on: Jan 29, 2021, 05:17 PM »
Yo Stu,

Wasted trip to Port Bay. The south end access was barricaded. No access. Shame as that is the end that locks up first. The north access by the channel showed areas of open water. No vehicles at ramp, no fishermen on the ice.

Checked Little Sodus on the way. No vehicles or fishermen at the state boat launch or anywhere on the Bay at 7:30 am. Did not access as I was alone.

Drove over to Sodus Bay. Saw 2 shanties at Conelley’s Cove. 18 shanty’s down by Bay Bridge bait shop. 10 shanties down by 3rd creek. Thankfully did not see any machines on the ice. Open water was visible over by the channel.

Drove back to the Pond (6 to 7 “s)of good ice out of the Wigwam. Dragged the fully loaded shapell on my smitty. Stayed warm through the afternoon. Managed 10 nice keepers.

Tomorrow’s venue “ going north. 3 mile Bay or Long Point, which ever one has the best ice. Need some feedback from “The Krackin “.

Boggey

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #110 on: Jan 29, 2021, 05:23 PM »
 3 mile was a very slow bite for the goon and I at least yesterday
 From what I heard a post on FB said unless you have permission, don’t park their

Offline New Old Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #111 on: Jan 29, 2021, 10:42 PM »
Yo Filetandrelease,

Thanks for the heads up.👍👍👍

Boggey

Offline Setit

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #112 on: Jan 30, 2021, 09:09 AM »
Good Morning! Looking to take the family out to the pond today! Little man is itching to show up his Dad with his ice fishing skills. Are machines being used? How's the crowd? Thanks so much- good luck to those out today!

Offline nykonsdream

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #113 on: Jan 30, 2021, 01:00 PM »
Yay, I get to do a post! 8 inches 5 black 3 white off of the dorreen launch that mr boggy give me the info for. I had a blast. Wife and kids stayed huddled in the hut and was miserable, no matter how much I told them I grew up without a shanty lol. We all had an adventure tho. My father once told me fishing doesn’t teach kids patience, it teaches parents patience. Truth be told dad. Had a good 10 keepers and my brother and I fighting over who caught the biggest. Good freakin day. You all stay safe

Offline New Old Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #114 on: Jan 30, 2021, 03:39 PM »
Yo Nykonsdream,

Glad you got out on the ice my friend. My fishing bud “The Krackin” and I both chose to test our metal at Chaumont today. Accessed at Long Point State Park. Bone chilling cold. Light breeze. Personally I’ve done better at the Pond. Sorted through the dinks. Managed 12 keepers. I’ll let “The Krackin embellish his own story.

Forgot my Nils auger. Left it on the porch. Didn’t remember till I actually got on the ice and unloaded my shanty.

Not to worry. Our ice fishing community is a tight knit group. A young guy from Dekalb, Bob was nice enough to let me borrow his auger to cut some holes. He’s not on Iceshanty but I encouraged him to check out the site and I would give him a shout out for his gentlemanly kindness. Thanks Bob.

I’m not posting conditions for Chaumont on the Sandy Pond thread. I will leave that for others. I was on 4 inches of hard ice and I had lots of company. A lot of hardy souls out here today. Back to the Pond tomorrow.

Boggey

Offline New Old Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #115 on: Jan 31, 2021, 06:06 AM »
Good Morning! Looking to take the family out to the pond today! Little man is itching to show up his Dad with his ice fishing skills. Are machines being used? How's the crowd? Thanks so much- good luck to those out today!

Yo setit

Hope you had a good day. Sandy Pond isn’t Oneida but it has it’s own charm. We don’t get all the walleye ballyhoo that Oneida gets, but we do get them ocassionaly.
We don’t get them big fat belly perch that Oneida  gets either, but we usually manage to catch supper here on the Pond. At the moment our ice is exceptional and a great place to bring the family. Can’t wait for our first sunny relatively warm day with little or no breeze and the smell of sausages being cooked on the portable grills. Mmmmm Good.

Boggey

Offline THE KRACKEN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #116 on: Jan 31, 2021, 07:29 AM »
Well my friend my day was like your list count how many dink perch kept 13 but no slobs. Sitting here again have caught 5 dinks one keeper. High pressure and N E wind

Offline Jigger

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #117 on: Jan 31, 2021, 05:06 PM »
Saturday I managed 12keepers with a 12 inch perch and some 10 and 11 inches but that was moving and finally sitting for the rest of the day..I had the sled and started early for the eyes but did not Mark or catch any,ice is good.

Offline THE KRACKEN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #118 on: Jan 31, 2021, 05:14 PM »

Offline New Old Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #119 on: Jan 31, 2021, 06:28 PM »
Great picture John.

Boggey

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.