New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: “SANDY POND “by Boggey  (Read 131535 times)

Offline THE KRACKEN

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: “SANDY POND “by Boggey
« Reply #270 on: Feb 26, 2021, 05:08 AM »
Nice trip Boggey. I’m back to work for a few weeks but heading up north to my rock pile Tomorrow. Good luck all
Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught.

Offline Jigger

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #271 on: Feb 26, 2021, 04:35 PM »
Good luck tomorrow John and Also Jim and everyone else at least things will lock up next week and hopefully the bite will pick up.

Offline New Old Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #272 on: Feb 27, 2021, 01:49 AM »
Yo John & Bob,

Bob , you were right about the slow bite. Still, My Bud Stelladog and I managed enough for dinner. Well I did and he got enough for 2 dinners. He spanked me pretty bad. He caught the first (one dollar), the biggest (one dollar) and the most (one dollar). Fishing’s equivalent to the trifecta. Gee, I think I better give up this competition fishing. It gets expensive.😀😀😀🐟.

Anyway, to make a long story even longer. It was a beautiful day. Light breeze , sun beating down (jackets off by 10 o’clock) Blue sky’s and fishing with a good friend. Don’t think life gets much better than this. It was truely a good day.

Boggey
Start each day with the exuberance of a 10 year old . Do not allow those around you to diminish that exuberance.

Offline Jigger

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #273 on: Feb 27, 2021, 05:52 AM »
I’m done fishing till at least March 12, surgery went well yesterday but a couple of fingers are still numb hopefully the ice will hold up till then.

Offline THE KRACKEN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #274 on: Feb 27, 2021, 07:00 AM »
Good to hear Bobby. Windy and raining up here lots of ice . But Long Point has an open spot.

Offline New Old Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #275 on: Feb 27, 2021, 07:40 AM »
I’m done fishing till at least March 12, surgery went well yesterday but a couple of fingers are still numb hopefully the ice will hold up till then.

Yo Bobby,

Lost track of time. Glad that is behind you my friend. There is no such thing as a one hand fishing pole, but if there is a way to overcome, i am sure you will find it bud. Hurry to heal.

Boggey
Start each day with the exuberance of a 10 year old . Do not allow those around you to diminish that exuberance.

Offline New Old Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #276 on: Feb 27, 2021, 07:44 AM »
Good to hear Bobby. Windy and raining up here lots of ice . But Long Point has an open spot.

Yo John,

Sorry Bobby is down for a week or so. What about me. I like to fish too.😀😀😀😀.

Boggey

Offline THE KRACKEN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #277 on: Feb 27, 2021, 08:09 AM »
I’m back to work bud. It’s ok but cuts into fishing

Offline BeenPerchin315

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yes. There will be ice and I will fish it.
« Reply #278 on: Feb 27, 2021, 09:56 AM »
Haven’t heard anything from work. So I got at least another week. 😇😇
A few more sodus trips and maybe 1-2 more Chaumont trips and I’m ready for the off season. Lol
Disclaimer:
I make statements based on my experiences in the location I fished only. Check ice conditions for yourself.
Stay safe. Tight lines.

Offline nykonsdream

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #279 on: Mar 02, 2021, 07:49 PM »
I’m hoping everything holds up for my last day on ice in saturday
.... AND TO THE FISHING GODS WE SHALL PRAY

Offline New Old Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #280 on: Mar 04, 2021, 03:03 PM »
Yo Guys & Gals,

Well thanks to Nykonsdream the Sandy Pond thread Is still on the first topics page. Jigger had his operation. The Kraken went back to work Stu hasn’t retired yet, he’s a week end warrior and old Boggey went up north to catch some of them BIG perch, spending some time with old friends. We did catch some nice perch. I am sworn to secrecy under penalty of death should I divulge the honey holes of my northern fishing buds. I did attach a couple of pictures to demonstrate the size of one days catch. The average perch was 10 and a half inches with three over the 13 inch mark.

Well back to reality. I will post conditions for the Pond in the morning.

Boggey

Offline Yotecatcher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #281 on: Mar 04, 2021, 03:18 PM »
Nice haul Boggey
I live back in the woods you see

Offline eyehi

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #282 on: Mar 04, 2021, 03:42 PM »
Nice catch Jim ..... I'm looking to do a road trip in the near future myself ....
Budweiser pro staff

Offline BeenPerchin315

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yes. There will be ice and I will fish it.
« Reply #283 on: Mar 04, 2021, 03:51 PM »
Nice haul boggey.
I couldn’t find those guys when I was up last weekend. Did ice a nice eye up there tho.
Disclaimer:
I make statements based on my experiences in the location I fished only. Check ice conditions for yourself.
Stay safe. Tight lines.

Offline Jigger

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #284 on: Mar 04, 2021, 04:56 PM »
Nice haul buddy,after see those temps next week I think my season is over

Offline THE KRACKEN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #285 on: Mar 05, 2021, 05:02 AM »
Nice job Boggey. Heading to my rock pile ... tomorrow. But an added twist... found a beautiful weed line . Will have to give that a shot. My last trip so keeping my fingers crossed.

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #286 on: Mar 05, 2021, 05:05 AM »
Yo Jim
 Nice perch buddy..👍👍
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline Stu45

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Start 'em young
« Reply #287 on: Mar 05, 2021, 07:40 AM »
Nice work Boggey, believe me, I'm not a weekend warrior by choice. Work long and hard now in anticipation of that early retirement. However, early is a relative term I guess. Either way, hoping the ice holds so that we meet up at least a few more times. Nothing like being on the ice with friends and family. A couple weeks ago on that nice Sunday, my wife, my buddy, his son and I headed to the ice. Drove the sleds out right from camp and got right to it. Just as I thought the day couldn't get any better, I got a text for my father "where you at? On the ice?" After a quick yes, the next thing I knew he was unloading his sled at my camp and he was on the ice with us. Although the bite wasn't the best, that day was probably one of the best yet. Keep in mind the sausage on the grill and the quick visit with my buddy Boggey didn't hurt, but what a day. Still smiling about it!!  I know this is a long post, but been in here a few years now and most of us love to hear success stories, so that's mine for this year. Stay safe
There's a difference between having ten years experience and repeating your Rookie year 10 times!

Offline nykonsdream

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #288 on: Mar 05, 2021, 08:44 AM »
Here’s the hopping the wind stays down

Offline New Old Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #289 on: Mar 05, 2021, 10:04 AM »
Yo Stu,

Nice post my friend. Good stories are never too long. You are blessed with good friends and great family. Be proud and loud. 👍

No insult intended (weekend warrior). Just stating why we don’t hear from you week days. I know you will be retired soon enough and we will reduce the perch population together.😀

I did get out this morning. Brrrrr, it was cold. Just getting out to the honey hole was a chore. I did old school and quickly regretted it. Accessed from the Blind Creek ramp. Saw 6 shanties at my end and no walkers . Everyone had sleds or 4 wheelers.

Cleats where a must. No slush anywhere after tha last 2 days of cold temps. Cut three holes. Combined white ice and dark ice was 14 inches. Managed no keepers and caught nothing but dinks. After 2 hours of fruitless endeavor decided to pack it in.

Back at camp, pulled a bag of frozen perch , thawing it out for a nice fish fry with my eldest daughter and son-in-law this evening. Hope we don’t get too much snow tonight. Should be a lot of activity on the Pondthis weekend. Wheelers, walkers and sleds shouldn’t have any problems tomorrow. All for now. Stay safe and hope to see you all this weekend on the Pond.

Boggey

Offline enistin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #290 on: Mar 05, 2021, 10:08 AM »
Was wondering if anyone knew how thick the ice is on North sandy pond.  Was at perch lake last weekend during the awesome rainstorm but the ice was over 12" thick there.  Want to bring my snowmobile with me due to people coming that cannot walk so easy.  Also how far is the bait shop away timewise and when do they open?  Hoping to do better than last weekend where we were only catching bigger pickerel.  Thanks for any info and see you out there!! (well assuming the ice is thick enough lol)

Offline THE KRACKEN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #291 on: Mar 05, 2021, 10:15 AM »
Sonnys bait shop. At the intersection of Rt3 and 13. Just up a little on the right . Open at 6. Lots of bait. 5 miles or so from the Pond.

Offline THE KRACKEN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #292 on: Mar 05, 2021, 10:16 AM »
Port Ontario

Offline New Old Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #293 on: Mar 05, 2021, 10:48 AM »
Was wondering if anyone knew how thick the ice is on North sandy pond.  Was at perch lake last weekend during the awesome rainstorm but the ice was over 12" thick there.  Want to bring my snowmobile with me due to people coming that cannot walk so easy.  Also how far is the bait shop away timewise and when do they open?  Hoping to do better than last weekend where we were only catching bigger pickerel.  Thanks for any info and see you out there!! (well assuming the ice is thick enough lol)

Yo enistin

Did you read the post just prior to your query?

Offline enistin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #294 on: Mar 05, 2021, 11:10 AM »
So they must have been typing same time i was getting mine out because it wasnt there but when i went to post it said there was a recent post and i had hit submit.

Offline THE KRACKEN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #295 on: Mar 06, 2021, 04:54 PM »
Last day for me long day but did ok. The pic is also some from my buddy Fred.

Offline New Old Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #296 on: Mar 07, 2021, 06:25 AM »
Last day for me long day but did ok. The pic is also some from my buddy Fred.

Yo John,

Nice catch buddy. Looks like 2 bags full.👍

Boggey

Offline nykonsdream

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #297 on: Mar 07, 2021, 07:15 AM »
And that’s it for me. It’s been a hell of a year. Gonna miss this thread the most. Mr boggey please make sure you do this again next year. For all who are going out next weekend stay very safe I beg of you. Got me 6 good keeper and a 24 inch pike on a wax worm! Stay warm stay dry and I’ll see ya when the water gets soft

Offline KingPerch

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #298 on: Mar 07, 2021, 03:01 PM »
Congrats to everyone on their catches!! My son and I fished the pond today till 1:00. Finished up with 25 nice perch between the two of us. Lots of people out there today. I was thinking of hitting Kraken’s rock pile , but, I remembered that him and his fishing bud already cleaned that spot out yesterday!!😁 be safe everyone!!😎
“Saving the perch population, one walleye at a time”-reeleyz 2021

Don’t worry Freddie, Hot bite is at 11:00!!😜

Offline IRISH56

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #299 on: Mar 07, 2021, 09:18 PM »
Thanks everyone who keeps this post up to date.  Managed to squeak out a decent day today out of the Wigwam, about a dozen keeper perch two pickerel and a 27" pike.  Dropped a couple more pike at the hole.  Screen lit up all day.

The last hurrah for the season ..... steelhead gear coming out next.  Thanks again and see y'all next ice season.

DAN

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.