Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1622529 times)

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #11880 on: Mar 03, 2018, 08:53 AM »
I feel for you that got hit by that latest storm. That heavy wet snow is hard on the body shoveling and even hard on a blower. I have not seen what the storm coming from the west coast is doing

The city idiots on another site are all for electric self driving cars. I hope I am long gone before they get shoved down our throats by the Goberment. If they lived in the real world they would change there minds. There are not charging stations every few miles. There a is a Tesla charging station at the store we do our grocery store we shop at. I have not seen it being used in all the times I have been by it.

We try to get any appointments in the city scheduled at 10 am or later to beat the rush hour idiots. Even lunch hour can get pretty dicey at times.

A woman that lives a couple houses from my other place is known as the cat lady. A few years ago I counted 18 cats and kittens in the road by her driveway. She actually keeps a tent by her door for them to get out of the weather.

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11881 on: Mar 03, 2018, 09:39 AM »
Good Morning ER's nice defensive driving TT. Sorry to hear those ungodly snow totals. Scored the eskimo 1 for 35.00

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #11882 on: Mar 04, 2018, 04:26 AM »

Good Sunday morning ER's,
                            It's 31* and cloudy here on my hill with a 20% chance of snow not good enough to take it serious!
                            Tom........I've seen one of those charging stations in Brattleboro Vt. and I have yet seen anyone use it but
                 I only visit there once in a while, but my mother in law said she's seen one car there in the 4 years it's been in place! ::)
                            Eddie......I hope you got all your snow cleaned up, I think 30" tops the amount that fell. It probably hurt a lot
                 of your local ice. :%$#!: 
                            Marv........I hope your trip to "The Shack" was what you expected it to be. :thumbsup:
                            Steve.......Take it easy clearing the driveway at the house, the snow was real heavy. :whistle:
                            Correction......Eddie I just heard on the news that Cobleskill top the totals with 39. something inches.
                            Wally.......Generators do help, which do you have, an automatic one tat comes on when the power goes out or
                a smaller unit that you have to manually start and plug in?
                            I hope everyone has a good Sunday either at work or out on some ice!

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #11883 on: Mar 04, 2018, 05:10 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Morning Everyone,
  30* and light winds this am, high of 33 here today.

Jeff...yes Cobleskill and areas in neighboring Schoharie County had crazy amounts, 20's to high 30" totals! Crossing fingers we don't see anymore storms like that again this year. Finished up my snow removal yesterday no problem, was amazing how much the snow actually settled down by the end of the day yesterday. Local lakes are toast here, waiting for open water again.
  OG...always impressed with the deals you make, wow, what a great buy!!   :bow: :clap:
  Tom...have seen a few charging stations around, have yet to see a vehicle plugged in also. How big of an electric motor and batteries would you need to run a 1/2 ton pickup..with a payload? ;D
  Steve...hope your sister got the door fixed, agree, no need for those feral cats to take up residence there!
  H2...read a few bad reports of wheelers going through on your lake yesterday! Glad everyone made it out ok... :thumbsup:  How was the basketball game?
  Wally...imagine you and Mr.WW are plumb tuckered out with all that snow removal, yikes! With a little luck, some better weather will arrive soon and get you back on those Ontario trout!   :thumbsup:
  Marv...did you bring a pack of Oscar Meyers along for the fire?  ;D. Hope you had a good day and a safe burn!  :thumbsup:

Having a few of the kids by this morn for a brunch, might take a short ride around later and see what the local lakes look like. Kind of a depressing season here this year. We had good early ice with cold temps, thought for sure we'd be drilling holes here for at least another few weeks yet. Oh well, it is what it is...
   Cawfee's on...
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11884 on: Mar 04, 2018, 05:54 AM »
Morning all,

IW.....the generator is just a small one w/manual start, but it does the job  :thumbsup:  got to have it with the wood boiler otherwise it would overheat & the cup of coffee between rounds of shoveling ain't half bad either  ;)2

Eddie.....went by Oneida Lake yesterday on the way to clean up at camp, not a soul to be seen out there  :(  was actually kind of surprised no one was trying for "one last outing"  ::)  I hope you're right about some decent weather returning soon, whoever pizzed Mother Nature off should apologize  :woot:

MrC.....no trailer to haul the tractor and it's roofs that need shoveling at both camps, campers and sheds  :-\  hope you got your driveway cleared ok

H2L.....crazy reports from the ice up your way  :wacko:  sure hope nothing more serious ends up happening   :o :blink:

WS.....hope you found everything in good shape at the shack  ;)  how were those dogs ???

Hunting camp on the agenda for today, from all reports there was more snow down there (Otsego Co) than here ugh  :%$#!: 

Have a good day no matter what your plans. Stay safe.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11885 on: Mar 04, 2018, 05:58 AM »
Good Morning IW, Eddie! Good Morning Everyone :bow:

35 heading to 40 today with rain and snow moving in until Tuesday.

Glad to hear you are all dug out. 30"+  :cookoo: IW hope your shoulder isn't too sore today.

Eddie enjoy the brunch Sir!, sounds like a fun time with the kids :thumbsup:

WW hope you are holding up. You will probably be ready for a few days of nothing by the time you get the camps cleaned up.

OG great score on your eskimo :clap: :clap:

Our trip to the shack went well. I laughed so hard watching the "Pyro Sisters" torch the piles. At one point we had 7 piles burning and had one left to go. They told me to go back to the shack and get a fire brick so we could finish the last pile. By the time I got back, they had it ablaze and were making another small pile. I asked them how they got it going as it had a lot of bigger material in it ??? They looked at me and said "Birch Bark, that's what we used to do in Girl Scouts"  :roflmao:

We had a few hot dogs with and at noon they gathered up a few sticks and started roasting. By late afternoon we had a bunch of ash piles scattered throughout the woods and we hit the road.

The weatherman are calling for rain turning to ice later today, then snow over night into Tuesday. Amounts for us will be in the 6"-10" range. No complaints after seeing what the friends out East received. I hope this will be one of the last for the season but probably not.

Good Morning WW! The dogs never tasted better :thumbsup:

Hope you all enjoy your Sunday! Above all else stay safe!

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11886 on: Mar 04, 2018, 06:59 AM »
34* and cloudy.
Had a good time at the game, only wrong team won but it was fun. Went to the Heidelberg Inn for dinner. Everyone liked what they ordered.

I haven't heard much about the contest, but I will say that the guy that put it on, had a Lake Report on this web site on Thursday, that when I read it I thought he was taking about some lake in Northern Canada. Just from what I was seeing. The edges were a mess before the snow storm, I am sure they didn't get any better. Just hope no one got hurt. Just as a side note, the guy also does underwater recovery. He is a good guy and a very hard worker, but I sometimes wonder. I have talked to him a number of times about how the contest are run and how to better improve the fishing in this lake.

Yesterday morning there were a few guys fishing off of the campsite. They had sleds, I am sure walking was a real pain.

Have a good Sunday...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11887 on: Mar 04, 2018, 09:10 PM »
For me its official, no more metro icefishing.  75* and sustained 15-25mph winds caused the last 9 off the ice to get a dunking to arm pits and their necks.

time to ready the outboard.
Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #11888 on: Mar 05, 2018, 03:20 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  26* and windy this am, high of 35 here today. Extended forecast showing similar temps for most of the week, looks like another round of snow coming in on Wednesday.

Bud...that's one heck of a way to end the season, wow, a memory not soon forgotten!! Glad everyone made it out... :thumbsup:   Did you/they float the equipment off in Jetsleds or something??
  H2...there didn't seem to be much posting at all yesterday on the contest, hoping everyone made it off the ice safely. The thought of 5 or 6 wheelers going through in one day would have been enough to keep me off that ice yesterday!
  Marv..sounds like you and the ladies had a great time and got your mission accomplished, wtg!!  :thumbsup:  Got to love those GirlScouts using the birch bark, good stuff!!   :clap:  Take it easy with that snow removal today buddy!
  Wally...hope you and Mr.WW got your snow removal done without too many problems yesterday.  :thumbsup:

Took a ride early afternoon yesterday to see how a few of the local lakes were looking. So much snow had fallen that even some of the edges looked pretty good to the naked eye, very deceiving! Didn't expect to see anyone out, but like Wally mentioned, somebody always wants to get that last trip in!
  Guessing we're back on the terrazzo work again this am. Well, time to get ready for 40 more...cawfee's on gang!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11889 on: Mar 05, 2018, 04:10 AM »
Good Morning Eddie! Good Morning Everyone :bow:

34 and rain turning to snow this afternoon.

Eddie hope you and the crew have a good week Sir! Hope the Brunch went well with the kids :thumbsup:

Bud sounds like a very wild way to the end of the season :cookoo: Glad you weren't one of the 9.

WW how did the hunting camp clean up go? Hope today brings with it a chance to regroup :thumbsup:

They are calling for 12" of snow for us from noon today thru tomorrow afternoon. It appears we will have an ice event to deal with first however.

Today I have a long awaited appointment in my hunt for a new Rheumatologist. I have to be in the jungle by 8:30 appointment at 9. My last Rheumatologist gave this Dr. as a referral. Many of the Rheumatologist here are turning to yoga and other pain altering techniques for treatment of osteoarthritis. The wife says to go in with an open mind ???. I already know if his plan is for me to come home from work and put tights on, he can pound sand :cookoo:

Around noon I stop and get my lenses for my glasses, then it will be waiting for some snow to scrape.

Hope you all have an excellent Monday no matter what's on the planner. Above all else stay safe!

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #11890 on: Mar 05, 2018, 04:19 AM »
               Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                       It's 26* and no wind here, the weather cat is out patrolling our property! :flex:
                       Eddie.......Most of the places I saw had eroding edges a plank will be needed to get on a lot of popular places! ::)
                       Bud........I'm glad everyone made it off the ice ok, a little wet is better than a tragedy.
                       H2L........I haven't heard much from the contest either, what have you heard?
                       Wally......Aren't there other members of your camps that can help with snow removal? ???
                       Marv.......It sounds like the girls had more fun than you did, a couple of "Pyro's" :clap:
                       MW sent me a picture of a friend of ours that was in the Schroon Lake fishing contest, he came in 3rd.

I see that WS posted while I was typing, good morning Marv, good luck with the new doctor, I hope he doesn't recommend
              the yoga! I had to go off my anti-inflammatory med and it's killing me. I can't move my arm without a lot out of pain. I didn't
              realize how well the meds were working till now.
                      I hope everyone has a good Monday either at work or whatever you do!

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11891 on: Mar 05, 2018, 06:40 AM »
Good Morning. 28 degrees and cloudy. We took 3 out of 4 points last night and stayed in 1st place

I haven't heard anything about the contest. There is nothing on their web site. I know that on this end of the lake yesterday there were only 3/4 groups of fishermen/women. My daughter did say that DD was a ZOO yesterday. DD is only about 2 miles from the business that put it on. Everyone may have been waiting at the weight station for someone to bring a fish in. My cousin called me while I was bowling, he may have some info as he usually goes down for the drawings. I will let you know.

Have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11892 on: Mar 05, 2018, 06:44 AM »
Morning all,

IW.....sorry to hear you're in more pain  :(  are you off the meds as a pre-op thing  ???  fishing camp is just us, hunting camp includes MrWW's brother who did go with yesterday to help out  :flex:  nice pic, congrats to him  :thumbsup:

WS....hope the new doc has some HELPFUL solutions for you  ;)   chain saw to tights  :whistle: :blink: :roflmao: :woot:  what a mental picture that is  :o :o  safe travels on the ice & snow, here's hoping the weatherman is over stating snow totals  :-\ 

Eddie....how was brunch  ???  that fresh snow on the lakes could easily cause someone some serious problems  :%$#!:  let's hope common sense prevails 

IFF....not a good way to end the season  :nono:  glad it didn't turn into anything worse  :o   definitely time to put the gear away and start getting the boat ready  @)

H2L...congrats on remaining in 1st place  :clap:  :bow:  season must be almost over, hope you can stay on top  :flex:  ;)2

Snow removal is officially over  :clap: :flex: :thumbsup:  at least till the next storm arrives  ::)  My son & family have been w/o power since Friday afternoon  :o   guess their area got hit pretty hard with high winds causing some major damage to wires  :%$#!:  fingers crossed power gets restored today

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11893 on: Mar 05, 2018, 06:59 AM »
Good morning everyone, waiting for the results of my MRI and now the Mrs is sick today. I hope everyone has a great day and a safe one.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11894 on: Mar 05, 2018, 08:20 AM »
IFF Those guys falling through reminds me of a bunch of us walleye fishing the last night of season. Most of us never checked our lanterns for fuel so we ended up with only one lantern going when we decided to give up for the season. As we walked off in a scattered group of around 6 one of the guys said "The ice does not look to thick." One more step and he went through. He said "At least it is only knee deep. When we got to shore we found that the guy that had put the plank down to get on had taken it with him when he left so we all found out we could not walk on water.

WS Good luck finding a new rheumatologist. My step daughter that has RA has gone through a bunch of them before finding one that would listen to her. I am looking for a new urologist as the one I had  gave up basically turning me over to my regular doctor. I do not know why I have stayed with this guy as I have never really cared for him.

My son burns my brush pile on my hunting property when we get enough snow on the ground. He lights them just before dark so no one gets worried about the smoke from the near by X-way and calls 911. This year the pile was around 8 foot tall from all the brush I hauled over there from where I am living.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #11895 on: Mar 06, 2018, 03:43 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Calm and 26* on the Hill this am, high of 39 here today.
  Was kind of funny driving into work yesterday morning and looking at the snow banks of all things. They went from 5-6' tall here and dwindled down to less than the height of a curb by the time I reached the Albany area...heck, there was even grass already exposed again down there, lol.

Tom..good story on the last walleye trip..heck of an ending with the guy taking his plank, Doh!!   :woot:
  I-45...best wishes to your wife on a speedy recovery, did you get the MRI results yesterday?  :thumbsup:
  Wally..the brunch was nice on Sunday with the kids, we celebrated the Mrs. 58th Birthday ( it was yesterday ) early as some wouldn't be able to make here. Hoping the power finally got restored for your son and family, sorry to read that!!
  H2...quite surprised there hasn't been much spoken about that contest! Congrats to you and your team with the bowling Sunday night, awesome!   :thumbsup:
  Jeff...thanks for sharing the picture and congrats to your friend on his catch and finish!! That was a nice one!!   :thumbsup:  Best of luck if hitting the ice today, be careful out there!
  Marv..hope your appt. went well yesterday! Take it easy with that snow today....think we'll be seeing the same amount coming in tomorrow.... :%$#!:

Running behind, so will catch up to you all later on....cawfee's on!
  Would like to give a  :thumbsup: to member FiletAndRelease for helping me out with some info concerning the Salmon River...Thank You Sir! 

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #11896 on: Mar 06, 2018, 04:04 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                          It's 27* here on my hill and A nice day is on the menu a high of 42*, the weather cat has been out for almost
                 an hour. :woot:,
                          Tom........You and Marv seem to plan for brush burning good job! :thumbsup:
                          WW.........When the person called me on Friday going off the anti-inflammatory was one of the first things she
                 stressed. There are other meds to stop 24 hrs. before surgery. The Anti-inflammatory must have really been working
                 for the amount of pain I have now. I'm not suppose to even take any over the counter pain meds either. :%$#!:
                          H2L........Congrats on being in 1st place, how's your back holding up. ???
                          Today is blood work for the up coming surgery then tomorrow I go for consult with the surgeon and the
                 others involved in the procedure!
                          I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work or at play!
                          I see that Eddie posted while I was typing, Good morning Eddie. No fishing I can't even lift a glass of milk let
                 alone load my sled. I guess my season is over.

IW

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11897 on: Mar 06, 2018, 05:10 AM »
Good Morning ER's  See the blizzard in the Dakota's is racing east, heads up Marv.  Doesn't sound like I would like being out in whats heading into the East Coast either. For today winds will only amount to 30MPH instead of like yesterdays 60.  I was going to work on my stump, but decided to just sit and watch the trees dance  :o 

See its been announced my home lake is open to boating.  One slight problem, the high winds has blown the dock up on the ramp completely blocking it from being used.  So for today, I will wait until tomorrow, and let the winds die down.  Even tomorrow the starting temp will be below freezing.  Think the Striker Predator suit will be the last thing that gets put away.

Sure glad no arthritis has showed up for me,  unlike some of my older brothers, My dad, had it real bad in his later years,

Eddie, Thanks for leaving me some hot coffee, just what I need.

Take care all, stay safe.

Bud

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11898 on: Mar 06, 2018, 05:43 AM »
Morning all,

IW.....sure hope the surgery brings you relief from that pain  :-\ 

IFF.....glad to hear your lake is ready (except the dock) for boats  :clap:  we have our old ice armor suits (pre-stryker days) in a tub in the boat all spring  ;)

Eddie....happy belated birthday wishes to MrsEddie  :thumbsup:  power is back on at my son's, just in time for tomorrow's event  :wacko:

WS.....hope you aren't getting hit too hard  :blink:  looked pretty nasty on the tv reports   :o  that said, you REALLY don't need to be sending it this way  :nono:   :woot: 

IF45....get well wishes to MrsIF45  :)  hope things get brighter for you sooner rather than later  ;)

Errands to be done today then getting the shovel warmed up for the next round to hit tonite/tomorrow  :%$#!:  sure would have been nice if the snow was gone again before another 8" or so inches got dropped  ::)

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11899 on: Mar 06, 2018, 06:11 AM »
Good Morning everyone. 27* Looks like a pretty nice day before March Round #2.

Only thing I have heard is 46" pike and 25" walleye were the top fish. Sad news was a guy I know, lost his father to a heart attach while fishing over the weekend. Over the years they caught a lot of nice fish together.

Hope everyone has a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11900 on: Mar 06, 2018, 07:13 AM »
Good Morning Everyone :bow:

Just got in from snow blowing. They were off on their guess but we still ended up with about 7". The snow was mixed with rain and sleet so what accumulated on the vehicles that were out side, took some chiseling and swearing to get it off. There is still a fine snow falling but basically it is done for this round.

Eddie Happy belated Birthday wished to your wife! Nice to hear the brunch went well. Did you buy your bride a nice present?  ;D

IW sorry to hear about the pain and having to call it a season, take care.

WW safe travels running the errands. It's also time here for the snow season to wrap up.

Yesterdays appointment went pretty well. The other two rheumatologist that I have dealt with over the last 6 years weren't near as thorough as this one. I believe he spent about an hour with me, then x-rays for my jointed parts ??? and several different blood tests. He was happy with what my previous Dr. had done for me and didn't see any reason change the course.

Time to grab some coffee and then find a shovel for some digging.

Hope everyone has a good day no matter what's on the agenda :thumbsup: Above all else satay safe!

WS

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11901 on: Mar 06, 2018, 07:38 AM »
Good Morning ER's hope all with health stuff are on the mend quickly. 32 and holding in this area with both open water and ice available to fish. The little eskimo is out on the deck with 3 inches of new snow on her. Almost brought a tear to me this morning looking at it; brought back memories of solitude on the ice. Found another flip for 20 on CL so I put a thread up and nobody even responded crap oh well if it's still available in a couple days I'll grab that one too. I sold a old one to a friend for his kid for 20 and they have been out about 8 times in the last 6 weeks. There are so many good deals going on it's crazy time. Hope the birthday for Mrs. Mason was super. WS my brother stopped by and told me about a spear maker near him he met he sold about 175 last year if you need his info I can get it from my brother. I found a jon boat for 125 might need to road trip soon. Have a great day to all.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11902 on: Mar 06, 2018, 08:33 AM »
WS my brother stopped by and told me about a spear maker near him he met he sold about 175 last year if you need his info I can get it from my brother.

Thanks OG but i am sitting pretty good on spears. The one I use was my Dads which a blacksmith made sometime in the 50's.

Thanks for thinking of me, I appreciate it.

WS

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #11903 on: Mar 07, 2018, 01:27 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Happy Hump Day!!   ;D
  Looks like that weather Marv had just arrived here on the Hill. 31* and steady wet snow falling, weather guessers predicting 12-24" for my area, winter storm warning in effect again.

OG...good luck with the Jonboat deal... :thumbsup:
  Marv..glad to read the snow total was lower than predicted, hope we're as lucky today!! That's good news with your new Dr., hope everything works out well for you Sir!   :thumbsup:
   H2...sorry to read about your friends Dad passing, my condolences.
  Wally..glad to read the power was restored for your son and family....crossing fingers they as well as all of us are spared with this next storm.
   Jeff...sorry to jear about all that pain going on, best wishes with the procedure. ..be super careful if traveling today for your appt.   :thumbsup:

Early start this am and plenty of snow removal coming up again today...just hoping the screw balls aren't out on the roads today.....will catch up to you all a bit later!  Cawfee's on...

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #11904 on: Mar 07, 2018, 04:32 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                      It's 30* and light snow is falling, the weather cat just went out so no wind for now! ???
                      Eddie.......My appointment today is at 10:30 for consults before surgery, my wife decided that she will go with
             me and we will get a motel room down that way so tomorrow I won't have to worry about the travel. Be safe yourself
             going to work and home this afternoon. :flex: :flex:
                      Bud........I guess that's good sand bad news, how fast will the clear the dock. ???
                      Marv.......That's good that your new doctor agrees with your former one and doesn't change things up. :thumbsup:
                      I hope everyone has a great Hump Day either at work or out fishing open water or hardwater!

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11905 on: Mar 07, 2018, 05:10 AM »
Good Morning Eddie, IW! Good Morning Everyone :bow:

12 heading into the 20's later today.

Best of luck today IW :thumbsup: Sounds like a good idea with the Motel.

Eddie hope Hump day goes well for you, and the snow amounts are less than they are guessing :thumbsup:

WW best of luck with your snow amounts and removal. Remember your own advice....Slow and easy! :thumbsup:

I am going to get a hold of the gun range to day and see if I can put in a day tomorrow. It appears next week the temps will be turning warmer so hopefully I will be able to get going on my side jobs.

Hope you all have an excellent Wednesday no matter what's on the agenda :thumbsup: Above all else stay safe!

WS

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11906 on: Mar 07, 2018, 06:51 AM »
Good morning everyone, my wife is still sick as a dog. Suppose to get 15" of snow today. Hope everyone has good day and tight lines to those on the ice or water today.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11907 on: Mar 07, 2018, 07:01 AM »
Up early this morning to 4 or 5 inches of new snow. Looks like I will need to get the blower out today. The little bit we had yesterday pretty much melted off with the partial sun. By the looks of the radar the snow may be moving out soon. There are a lot of schools closed plus a lot of crashes this morning. The crashes were mostly around the city.

ww Here is hoping that all of you in the east do not get hammered with this storm.

Eddie You must be on a diet as you are not talking about rolls to go with the coffee any more. I just watched a back up on an x-way on the news. One idiot forced his way into an opening in the traffic that was not two car lengths long. There are screwball drivers all over.

IW I know what you mean about having to go off of an anti-inflammatory.  I have had to do it a few times and it is not pleasant. I take a couple of anti-inflamitories when I get up every morning to try and get my hands to loosen up.  I can not remember what your problem is other that it might involve being scoped. I have had both of my knees scoped and it was not that bad. I have no major problem with arthritis just a worn out body.

WS It sounds like you could keep busy with jobs around home and not have to deal with the boss you are working for in the summer. I think that I have worked for a couple of bosses like him.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11908 on: Mar 07, 2018, 08:36 AM »
Morning all,

IW.....safe travels to your appt today, good idea to spend the nite  :thumbsup:  best of luck with tomorrow's procedure, hope you get some relief from the pain  :flex:

WS.....hope you're able to get going on those jobs soon, get them out of the way before you're looking to get out in the boat  ;)2  glad your new doc agrees on your current treatment, sounds like he's a good fit for you  :thumbsup: think my shovel is still recuperating from the last go round, so slow & easy it will be  :roflmao:

Eddie....hope you arrived safe and sound this morning, travel heading home might be dicey  :blink:  hope all the crazies are off the road by then   :whistle:

TT.....hope your snow moves out quickly and doesn't keep piling up  :nono:  just PLEASE send it somewhere besides this direction, maybe to Canada  ;)

IF45....any news on the MRI yet  ???  easy on the snow removal sir

MrC.....are you having rain or snow in your area  ??? hope it's not too bad either way

Got about 1" of fresh snow overnight, the winds are starting to pick up and the snow event has begun in earnest, coming in sideways right now  :wacko: weatherman can't quite figure out how the storm is tracking so he says we might get 2" or 18"   :o apparently  it's anyone's guess at this point  ::)  2" gets my vote  :woot: 

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11909 on: Mar 07, 2018, 09:12 AM »
Good morning ER's well winds have died down, but I will be having coffee for a while 19* will let it warm up some,  and don't feel like pulling the cover just yet.  Heck of a note, have to put the outboard in the water to let it warm up, Might need some starter fluid to get the ole girl running.

Bud

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.