Author Topic: The 2011-2012 season begins. :)  (Read 1858 times)

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
The 2011-2012 season begins. :)
« on: Nov 20, 2011, 06:38 PM »
Finally got out for a little ice time.   
Should have been out last week or even earlier but was dealing with an infection that needed fixing so the ice had to wait a couple of weeks. Got out to my preferred early season troot lake around 11 AM and found around 10" of clear black ice with about an inch of snow on it. 

We need another good snowfall to make the snowmobling good but the trails were fair today.

The fishing was decent but the landing sucked!! LOL
I had several nice trout hammer my airplane jig scream off a bunch of line only to spit the hook.
Dang you NWT and your barbless rule!! 
I had bites on tube jigs as well as said airplane jig but the tube bites were super light and I only managed to stick one or two fish on the tube (they both got away unfortunately). I think the change in weather put the fish down today. It has been overcast with a little snow the last few days and today it was pretty much cloudless. 
Temp when I hit the lake was -24C with a light North breeze making it feel like -30C or so.

Notice the Sunflower heater mod for cooking and boiling water for a cup of tea or soup. 

All in all not a bad day. Hooked a bunch of fish (none landed), got out on the sled and got some excersize.
Now to wait until next week. 

Offline fishgalore

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: The 2011-2012 season begins. :)
« Reply #1 on: Nov 25, 2011, 02:57 PM »
Looks like you'll be more than a month ahead of us here on the eastern seaboard. I'd be surprised if we have ice before xmas eve. I ice fished a week before xmas eve last season and on xmas eve day in '09. Thanks for the reports I know you've got some big ones coming through the ice in the future.

Hopefully the Stripers are still hammering the shoreline on Sunday since that's where I'm headed.
Cheers!

Offline Ise De By

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I loves me some fishin'
Re: The 2011-2012 season begins. :)
« Reply #2 on: Nov 25, 2011, 10:53 PM »
 ;)   Lookin good Drifter!  looks like a good day.   It feels good to finally get out hey?   I got out today and caught some nice brookies.   I was thinking of Terry every time I reeled a fish in   :'(   I look forward to seeing some huge Lakers 

Ise de by who catches the fish...and takes em home to Liza.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.