Author Topic: LOCKPORT UPDATE  (Read 3625 times)

Offline HOS

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
LOCKPORT UPDATE
« on: Mar 09, 2005, 07:13 AM »
Well...(deep sigh)...it was s-l-o-w at the locks yesterday. We started fishing at 5 pm and finished at 7 pm. We couldn't even catch enough keepers for our limit. There was about a dozen guys when we got there. There were three guys in front of the outside concrete wall (between the river and the Locks). They were catching fairly regularly, everyone else that I seen were not having as much success. Final tally...my buddy caught seven Saugers and released one. I on the other hand caught two and released one! Our limit was eight we managed seven. I was working the area well. There were plenty of holes either open or able to open with my chisel. However I couldn't get the Saugers to bite. It seems the action for me anyway....is as good at Lockport as it is at home!!!

Offline Jiffy

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: LOCKPORT UPDATE
« Reply #1 on: Mar 09, 2005, 07:52 AM »
Thanks for the update but some guys have been going towards selkirk and catching some pretty big walleye and goldeye talk to ya later
Jaymes Hiebert

Humminbird - Jiffy - Clam Corp - Mr. Heater - Berkely

Offline tk10fire

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I'm baaaack let the fishing begin
« Reply #2 on: Mar 09, 2005, 10:53 PM »
Yup thanks for the update HOS. Well I guess the reallly good fishin only lasts so long. I got to give it one more try though. One of the closest places for me to go and actually have a chance of getting some. Maybe a little earlier in the day would help? I might try tommorow.
Tim

Offline HOS

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #3 on: Mar 10, 2005, 07:01 AM »
I hear ya tk10fire! I also like the closeness. I'm going to give it one more try this weekend. Maybe I'll go near the spillway on the west side this time....

Offline tk10fire

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Mar 10, 2005, 11:43 PM »
Was out there today from 2:30 till 3:45 caught bettween the two of us only 6 kept 2. Not great but at least was out fishing instead of sitting around. 8) 8) ;D ;D . 3 others there they all caught bettween 8-12 each in a couple of hours.

I'm going to give it one more try this weekend. Maybe I'll go near the spillway on the west side this time....
Where exactly are you talking about.

I'm heading out to Moose lake tommorow with the kids. Hopefuly catch a few perch and pike.

Tim

Offline HOS

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #5 on: Mar 11, 2005, 07:33 AM »
sorry I wasn't clear....floodway spillway, west side of the river just north of "cats on the red". A friend of mine was there a few times this season and said the action was good. I also won't mind trying across from "cats on the red" on the east side of the river for channel cats. I hooded one there two years ago and man the fight was on! I had snagged it by the tail. I had an eight inch hole and the only thing that came up just under the water line was the tail!

Offline M B jr.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Mar 11, 2005, 09:28 AM »
hey guys. i went to lockport last saturday, and it was pretty slow.  i went with 3 other people, and we only caught 15 from 8-12.  other than one guy nobody was really catching anywhere.  i'm still new to ice fishing though.  me and my cousin were wondering how the steam plant was doing. and what does EOM stand for?  again still new to this ::). please keep me posted on any hotspots.. if any  >:(, and good luck this weekend  ;D ;D!
The fishing was good, it was the catching that was bad.

Offline Skiff

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • Walleye, pike, perch...Yeah!
« Reply #7 on: Mar 11, 2005, 10:23 AM »
EOM is literally End of Main.  Start north on Main St. in Winnipeg, and just keep going, right through Selkirk, until Main Street ends.  Then you're there. 
"I'm as healthy as I ever was, I just go to the doctor more often".  - one of my retired buddies

Offline HOS

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #8 on: Mar 11, 2005, 10:47 AM »
Hey M B jr. if you want action right now go to Delta for Perch. You won't be disappointed!

Offline M B jr.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Mar 11, 2005, 01:45 PM »
thanks a lot for the info guys! ;D I think we might try delta soon enough, isnt EOM breezy point, where netley runs into the red?..... yah i guess that would be the end of main street ::)
The fishing was good, it was the catching that was bad.

Offline HOS

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #10 on: Mar 11, 2005, 01:51 PM »
That is correct sir.....I wonder how it has been there this week? I will definitely be somewhere between the "bridge to nowhere" and Goldeye creek this week end. Hopefully the Walleyes are biting!

Offline tk10fire

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Mar 12, 2005, 10:50 PM »
sorry I wasn't clear....floodway spillway, west side of the river just north of "cats on the red". A friend of mine was there a few times this season and said the action was good. I also won't mind trying across from "cats on the red" on the east side of the river for channel cats. I hooded one there two years ago and man the fight was on! I had snagged it by the tail. I had an eight inch hole and the only thing that came up just under the water line was the tail!
Thanks HOS. Let me know how it goes if do head out there.  ;D

I've been wondering about cat fishin in winter, but nobody seems to have anything positive to say about it.  ??? A friend of mind had one on about a month ago at Lockport but to never got it to the hole never mind throught. Man was that a fight though I was sweating just watching him work it.
Tim

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.