Author Topic: Munuscong Bay  (Read 7440 times)

Offline bowarrow

• IceShanty Rookie
Munuscong Bay
« on: Jan 07, 2009, 12:37 PM »
Headed UP there for a 3 day fish trip mid january, Does anybody got any info? we are staying in Barbeau and hopefully fish nearby. If anyone has a bait shop info,( minnows avail) Whats biting, or where, would be appreciated. Fished there 2 winters ago did good on big perch in 12"  of water unbeleivable.

Offline referee

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Munuscong Bay
« Reply #1 on: Jan 07, 2009, 03:44 PM »
Always wanted to go there, but like you needed info on details. Let us know how it went.

Offline fishalotbob

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 08, 2009, 03:42 PM »
i have been in the soo for a few years now and never fished munuscong but a lot of people i know do good there.  there used to be a minnow shop in pickford right on the main road goind through it but i heard they stopped.  i know woodies in the soo sells minnows.  if you need directions just reply.  there is a small gas station in barbau and both the guy and the girl who work there have giant mounts on the wall, perch and musky, all caught out of monuscong.  they could give you some good info!!  good luck and post your monsters!!

Offline golfnut

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 08, 2009, 11:26 PM »
I fish Munuscong Bay a few times a winter.  I've heard that the walleyes are biting on jigging spoons, including swedish pimples.  There is a bait shop on the main in Pickford ( I think it's called Wilderness Treasures) and also Dan's Cabins right on the bay.   Dan's is where most people launch from.  The water is a little deeper this year with most houses out past pine island.  From what I've heard most of the walleyes are being caught in that direction.  Good luck! 

Offline trapperman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 11, 2009, 01:23 AM »
I heard they are doing decent for walleyes in around 20 fow. Haven't been out since first ice though. Dan's resort is pretty good about knowing whats biting on the bay.

Offline bowarrow

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 13, 2009, 06:49 PM »
Thanks for the tips. I will post when i get back and recover. :tipup:

Offline bowarrow

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 21, 2009, 05:44 PM »
Got back from the UP still recovering..Stayed at island view resort in Barbeau, great place ,nice marina and general (beer) store right across the road. Fishing was tough.Big water, needed a snow machine to get around(didnt have one )The walleye bite was about 3-4miles away from access. Caught some perch nothing to brag about. Dropped down to caribou lake for the 3rd day of fishing GREAT PIKE fishing, lots of flags. Thanks to all who dropped info and tips earlier

Offline trapperman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 25, 2009, 11:23 PM »
Any size to the pike from caribou?

Offline Superior cisco

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 26, 2009, 04:03 PM »
Caribou?  Where is this one?

Offline trapperman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 26, 2009, 06:47 PM »
Caribou?  Where is this one?

It's the big lake by de tour...can't miss it.

Offline bowarrow

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Feb 03, 2009, 10:37 AM »
trapperman, sorry i didnt reply sooner been fishing. pike were 22 to 30, check the dnr map out for the drop offs, only a fewbowls and changes in depth, in the whole lake. 4-6" shiners in about 8-10' depth. Good luck

Offline trapperman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Feb 03, 2009, 10:53 PM »
Thanks bowarrow. I only made it over there a couple times during first ice...hopefully I can get down there again soon.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.