The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: hot spots for pike  (Read 5373 times)

Offline Gezzah

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: hot spots for pike
« Reply #30 on: Nov 25, 2008, 01:21 PM »
I targeted Muskie all fall in the Otter.... I missed one about 15 pounds last year there, had it right next to the canoe. This year had what looked like a Muskie follow my lure all the way to the boat and that was it.... They call them the fish of 1000 casts, but i would say they are more the fish of 50,000 casts.
"Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley."

Offline esoxmaster

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Eat Sleep & Breath Pike
« Reply #31 on: Nov 27, 2008, 03:37 PM »
yea I've never landed one but i lost a tiger musky at the hole down here in MA. Nothing down here rivals champlain though. I've got a house in North Hero and I fish parts of the alburg pass. I've had days up there where I never get all my tilts in the water because I've got too many flags goin up all day long. What's the latest news on the vermont bait laws?
~Matt~

Offline Gezzah

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Nov 28, 2008, 06:10 AM »
I haven't heard of anything else changing since last season with regard to the bait laws. The weird thing is though I got my license checked three times by three different wardens while on the ice last year and not once did any of them ask me for my bait permit.
"Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley."

Offline mr.bibit

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • owner/operator VTSPORTSMAN
« Reply #33 on: Nov 28, 2008, 10:43 AM »
you can now keep your bait for 96hrs it was 48hrs and I think you can catch shiners and use them if you don't leave the water with them.I will look into it to make shore.
Scott
Vtsportsman hardwater tournament series

Offline 7 plus larry

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • IF THEY CALLED IT CATCHING EVERYONE WOULD DO IT!
« Reply #34 on: Nov 29, 2008, 08:03 AM »
Thanks for the update on bait bibit,thats a little better.

Offline NH piker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I'm tracker2011 on MFF
« Reply #35 on: Nov 30, 2008, 07:49 AM »
I've fished at Missisquoi Bay a couple of years ago. I met up with someone from IS and found the place very exciting. However, I did not like driving out onto the ice. I would like to go back or find another great Pike fishery which would allow me to walk out with gear for a day of fishing. Anyone have any places in mind? I don't have a sled or wheeler so I walk out. I usually fish Converse Bay or Shelburn Bay with the boat but have never fished through the ice other than the one time at Missiquoi. Thanks for any info.

Offline mr.bibit

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • owner/operator VTSPORTSMAN
« Reply #36 on: Nov 30, 2008, 11:29 AM »
carry bay,dillenbech bay,sand bar the islands are great.
Scott
Vtsportsman hardwater tournament series

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.