The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Ticonderoga/Larrabees Ice Conditions  (Read 2651 times)

Offline Hess

• Team IceShanty Regular
Ticonderoga/Larrabees Ice Conditions
« on: Mar 02, 2020, 09:08 AM »
Headed over to our camp on the VT shore for our annual ice fishing trip -- anyone have updated ice conditions/ thickness in that area...??

Offline adk iceman

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Ticonderoga/Larrabees Ice Conditions
« Reply #1 on: Mar 02, 2020, 12:07 PM »
I fished on the New York side yesterday north of ti boat launch ice was good there was a bad pressure crack coming out from Kirby point heading across the lake
Can I go fishing? Unless it’s on Brant, I can’t.

Offline Hess

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 03, 2020, 08:16 AM »
I fished on the New York side yesterday north of ti boat launch ice was good there was a bad pressure crack coming out from Kirby point heading across the lake
[/quote

Thanks for the update, ADK -- how much ice do you think you had...?

Offline WardenAL

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Mar 03, 2020, 03:50 PM »
I was there Sunday the 23rd north of the bridge a little ways and had roughly 11 inches of ice. Probably 7” of black ice with 3-4” of white ice on top.

Offline mdougla1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Mar 03, 2020, 06:52 PM »
[/quote

Thanks for the update, ADK -- how much ice do you think you had...?

I was with adk and I would guess there was 16 Inches or so north of the launch
I'm not saying they're biting on Brant.  But they probably are

Offline Brochet

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Mar 07, 2020, 06:41 AM »
Wondering how the ice around Crown Point Bridge held up with this past week of warm weather ? 

If anyone has checked recently I'd be interested in an update.  Thanks !

Offline Hess

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Mar 09, 2020, 11:30 AM »
Did make it over to camp this weekend with my brothers -- 10-12" of ice, although the top 4-5" was 'snow ice' -- with the warmer temps this coming week, not sure how much longer this section of Champlain will be safe -- we did bring home a bucket of nice size jack perch -- also caught a mix of pike (largest 32" female) and bass (all game-fish released..) -- all in all, a great March ice-fishing weekend...!

Offline Brochet

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Mar 09, 2020, 07:43 PM »
Good to see you got out and had some good luck !  Seemed like a nice sunny weekend to be on the lake. 

I ended up staying home with a sick kid (strep throat, not the coronavirus !!! ) so no ice time this weekend.  Looking at how warm it's going to be, I'm probably done for this season.  Time to think about the boat !

Offline Hess

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Mar 10, 2020, 09:04 AM »
Good to see you got out and had some good luck !  Seemed like a nice sunny weekend to be on the lake. 

I ended up staying home with a sick kid (strep throat, not the coronavirus !!! ) so no ice time this weekend.  Looking at how warm it's going to be, I'm probably done for this season.  Time to think about the boat !

Thanks Brochet -- at this point, looking forward to soft-water season on Champlain, as well...!!  Hoping your son/daughter get better quickly also!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.