Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Dressing for ice fishing

Socks

(1/2) > >>

reelmaster:
I got some duck unlimited socks for christmas and i must say wow. My feet were toasty all day long.

jigginstick:
The very best combination that I have found is thin polypropylene sock liners under wool, very good at wicking moister away and keeping you warm.

eyedoktr:
My favorite combo is good boots and no socks. YUP, I said no socks, as in bare feet. Been out in -20 F and no problem.

reelmaster:
Sure if it was always -20 but this morning it is -37 without the windchill. BRrrrrrrrrr

oldstuff:
Anything but cotton and that includes the upper body as well.  I agree with Jigginstick....polypro liners and good wool socks works for me.  I also go with just wool socks sometimes, keep them loose,not to snug and I never lace up my boots tight.  Before I saw the light I use to wear several pairs of socks at one time including cotton to try and keep warm. That only cuts circulation to the feet plus the cotton doesn't wick the moisture away from you feet.  If you don't have polypro then go with straight wool. It will will keep you warmer than cotton even if the wool gets wet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version