Author Topic: Lake Waukewan  (Read 1608 times)

Offline Buck15

• IceShanty Rookie
Lake Waukewan
« on: Jan 23, 2018, 02:22 AM »
Hey all, First time poster here

I was wondering if anyone had any info on Waukewan. I'm looking for a place for my wife and I to potentially fish for the derby. We gave it a try on Saturday and all we caught was one small perch. We just walked on at the boat landing. We didn't see very many people fishing so it was a little discouraging. Does Waukewan fish well through the ice? Is the other end of the lake better our near the Inlet? I've never really fished in the lakes region and was looking to fish somewhere I can have 6 traps. Any suggestions on lakes, access or general areas to check out would be appreciated. I'm not looking for any honey holes just ideas of where to scout out in the coming weeks so we can at least chase some flags during the derby!

Thanks for the help!

Offline bassin212

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Lake Waukewan
« Reply #1 on: Jan 24, 2018, 09:42 AM »
Pm sent
Tight Lines!

Offline zwiggles

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 24, 2018, 09:51 AM »
Welcome aboard! Great site for info, and to share your adventures.

I also just sent over a PM for you, but if your up by Waukewan definitely go into ajs bait and he can help you out with anything you need.

BrookieSlayer99

« Reply #3 on: Jan 24, 2018, 09:54 AM »
Does waukewan have white perch in it? F&G map says it does but we all know how accurate those are

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 24, 2018, 02:12 PM »
Does waukewan have white perch in it? F&G map says it does but we all know how accurate those are
it do
"A mans got to know his limitations"

Offline porkpiehat

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Mar 08, 2018, 09:29 PM »
Any ice reports on Waukewan? Bait shop says it's Ok and I want to split my time between there and winni this weekend.

Do the whites change their behavior in March, or still near the mid-bottom of 30' basins? Otherwise I'll keep close to shore.

thanks all

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Mar 09, 2018, 04:50 AM »
Any ice reports on Waukewan? Bait shop says it's Ok and I want to split my time between there and winni this weekend.

Do the whites change their behavior in March, or still near the mid-bottom of 30' basins? Otherwise I'll keep close to shore.

thanks all
Are u actually getting whites there? Never have seen any. Good luck
Salmonemia

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.