Author Topic: Review: SUPER Atomic UV Glow Charger  (Read 1486 times)

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
Review: SUPER Atomic UV Glow Charger
« on: Jul 12, 2010, 02:53 AM »

After one year of use, well actually one ice season.  This equipment didn't really hold up well at all.  I mostly just had it in my winter coat pocket, so no rough use.  One dead LED light. The on/off button on the rear also fell apart.  It happened while it was a particular cold night of temps in -20 F.  I went to press the button and next thing I knew it broke.  I had to open it up and re-align the whole button back on.  So it works to a point, but I have to be very gentle with it.  I had such high hopes for years of use with this product, but I'll see how it will hold up this next coming season.  

Overall it was a cool toy to play with.  It did a good job of charging up most glow lures and they glow charge definitely lasts longer than exposer to my 4 watt LED flashlight.  Glow reds didn't do very well so the LED flashlight is used on those lures.  The finish on this product is quality job also.  Looks like a tough product, built to last.   Battery cap twists on and off solid and threads very well.  There is no hole for a key ring or a lanyard.

This is not a product I would recommend to a friend.  This is a product that I will not buy again.  I feel it's more of a toy and less of a tool.

Apparently they have a new model now with a lanyard.  The one I have didn't have a lanyard and I was always afraid of dropping it into the ice hole.  
For more information read my MN nice journal

Offline CMMahy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Review: SUPER Atomic UV Glow Charger
« Reply #1 on: Jul 24, 2010, 10:01 AM »
Thanks for the review! I've been toying with the idea of getting a some kind of "glow" charger, and now I know which one I won't be getting.
A bad day of fishing beats anything else I'd be doing today.....

Offline Wiener

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Warranty Void if Seal is Broken
Re: Review: SUPER Atomic UV Glow Charger
« Reply #2 on: Jul 26, 2010, 07:36 AM »
I made my own charger.

I have a small box that I use to charge glow jigs and spoons.

What I did was past the inside with reflective tape.  (like the stuff to seal your heat ducts)

Then I put my jigs / lures inside and and turn on the light.

The light is a small RV dome light with a switch.  I mounted it to the cover, with a hole drilled to let the wires through.
The whole thing measures 3" X 3 1/2" and a couple of inches deep.

I clip it on my vexilar battery posts and let it "charge" my glow lures.

Hope this helps,

Wiener

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.