Author Topic: Where do you get your bait, and when to pull the trigger to order it?????  (Read 1043 times)

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
I really don't have all that many bait shops around my area, and have been ordering my bait from vados bait online.(Seems to be a lot cheaper & better bait then getting it from the stores) Usually, I order a tub of wax worms & a tub of maggots. First year, I ordered bait a little to early & a lot of the bait went to crap before the end of the season. Second year I ordered a little late, and didn't have any bait for the first week or two.

So, when do most of you order your bait. Also, where do you get your bait.

Offline Haywood

• Team IceShanty Maniac
www.vadosbait.com  They ship it, but I have to drive by there about once a week, so I just stop in for mine as I need it.

Offline flyman1002

• Team IceShanty Regular
I order mine from Valdo's as well.  I am going to order mine first or second week in December which is usually 2 or 3 weeks before first ice.  As long as I keep my mousses and spikes cold they usually will make it through the season.  I have a container that I store them in and a container I fish with.  That was I am always keeping the large amount cold.

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
Ciscoes from the Yellowknife River, I dip 'em in October.  ;D
Frozen shiners I'll get from the tackle shop when they have them in stock and will toss them in my freezer.

With bait herring at $10/dozen I'll catch my own thanks!!  >:(

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.