Author Topic: Berkley Gulp!  (Read 7279 times)

Offline eyewinder

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Berkley Gulp!
« Reply #30 on: Dec 18, 2006, 06:15 PM »
No experience with GULP! maggots on ice, but. . .when fishing open water, add G!m to a feather jig; fish under a float, catch many 'gills & crappie (catfish, too)!
"We are hunters. . .when the buffalo are gone, we will hunt mice. . ."  Sioux war chief

Offline lotwfisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Dec 18, 2006, 08:14 PM »
I have used almost every style of Gulp!. I have found that some work better than others. The maggots are one of my go too baits in the winter for crappies and perch. I dont like using live bait in the winter (difficult to get in my area and keep, also i dont like reaching into water at -15C). I also use them in the summer for walleyes and honestly I havent been outfished by live bait often useless the bite was really slow and even then the ones I got, did hit with alot more force than just a nibbles, such as on the live bait sometimes. I love the sinking worm for bass, it is really heavy and I am impatient to wait for some baits to sink when I am wacky fishing. For trout I havent really done great with them and definitly have more productive baits in my tackle box. I think the newer line that they have is supposed to keep better and I know that the Gulp! Jerk Shads seem alot more "papery" and they tend to stay flexible and moist alot longer than the original Gulp!. I think there will still be improvements to this product as the research continues. I believe they will come out with a long lasting product line soon.

Robin

Offline Walltrout

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #32 on: Dec 22, 2006, 04:53 PM »
I got a small walleye on the white maggots on a tear drop jig when nothing else seemed to work.  The bite was so soft, I would have missed it if I didn't have a spring bobber and a Marcum. 

"Many go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." - Henry David Thoreau

"If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're doing something wrong."  John Giera

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.