Author Topic: Where to buy shiners in bulk?  (Read 1794 times)

Offline RIfish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • the tank!!!
Where to buy shiners in bulk?
« on: Dec 22, 2005, 09:48 PM »
does any one know of any place that sells shiners in bulk in Mass..OR RI  ?
How are the edges ?

Offline taz54868

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
Re: Where to buy shiners in bulk?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 25, 2005, 10:16 AM »
don't know where you can buy in balk. but  it is possible to trap your own. and  much more enjoyable. you just have to spend sometime out at a local  river or stream.

Offline Danderson

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Dec 26, 2005, 09:26 PM »
yeah, im also thinkin of storing my own shiners. i kept some leftover in my garage for a week last year but i want to find em for a wholesale price. lets try and get this forum goin  :P

MikeThePike

« Reply #3 on: Jan 23, 2006, 08:08 AM »
I know in NJ and PA you can't get shiners through wholesalers unless you have a bait dealers liscence and you can only get it by owning a shop and paying taxes on everything. I have found that if you ecome friends with the owners of the smaller shops and they realize you'll be doing buisness with them often they are usually more than willing to make a deal.

If we get good ice back on my big fish lakes here in PA I'm going to pick up about 7 or 8 dozen bigger baits and the shop owner said she'd give me a nice price break rather than if I stopped in once a week and picked up a dozen or a dozen and a half. She realizes while I may not stop in to pick up more baits I will stop in to pick up some other small items so she'll still be getting buisness.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.