Author Topic: minnows  (Read 1941 times)

lost fisher

minnows
« on: Mar 12, 2004, 04:31 PM »
what type of food would u feed flat head minnows this topil will also be under generalS

trapperdirk

Re: minnows
« Reply #1 on: Oct 19, 2004, 11:32 PM »
I wouldn't feed them anything because it just helps to contaminate your tank and they have a tendency to die . But if you wish to feed them as pets in your fish tank then I would think ordinary fish food from a pet store would suffice . ;)

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • R.I.P. Bobberstop 6-14-1944 ~ 7-21-2010
« Reply #2 on: Oct 20, 2004, 04:48 AM »
i NEVER feed my bait!!send it down the hole hungry and it will spend its time being very active looking for food and trying to shake that hook in his back!!suspend him off the bottom and he will spend his day trying to get there

Offline mod_auger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Oct 20, 2004, 09:21 AM »
Negatory- I never feed my minnows. Seems to make my bait tank much messier, and who knows if the minnows eat it or not. Saves time not having to clean out the tank so often. Plus, the minnows seem to stay alive just as long, if not longer with keeping them in the same water rather than removing them for the purpose of cleaning the tank.

Play 'em if you wanna fillet 'em!

Offline Mongo

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Oct 20, 2004, 11:17 AM »
A old timer told me that if you must feed your minnows to use plain old fashion bread crumbs.

Offline Spicoli

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I fish therefore I am.
« Reply #5 on: Oct 20, 2004, 04:45 PM »
actually i have heard of people feeding minnows breadcrumbs too.

Offline Mongo

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Oct 20, 2004, 06:11 PM »
I asked the old timer who has been selling minnows for over 35+ years and that was his response. Bread crumbs.

Offline gillmanwi

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 28, 2005, 10:13 PM »
if you over feed any fish in a tank etc it will more than likely die but if you must feed them you should not feed them more than they will eat in 5 min they are probbally also ok for about a week feed maybe once a week

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.