The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Lansing Hardwater  (Read 62501 times)

Offline maddog117

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Lansing Hardwater
« Reply #30 on: Jan 18, 2016, 06:26 PM »
Has anyone checked out muskrat or ovid lakes yet ? Planning to head up to Grayling this weekend .

Offline Oldreddbeard

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Jan 18, 2016, 09:08 PM »
Has anyone checked out muskrat or ovid lakes yet ? Planning to head up to Grayling this weekend .

Was probably going to check Muskrat and Round on wednesday. Ill post updates for ya.
I知 a psycho and will sleep in the parking lot so I can get out on the ice before you.

Offline racechasin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Jan 19, 2016, 06:27 AM »
 Bite on lake ovid was very slow the tree hours i was there

Offline Barker1

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Eat, sleep, college, fish. It's what I do!
« Reply #33 on: Jan 19, 2016, 10:06 PM »
Any report for the ice on lake lansing or any of the surrounding lakes? looking to get out in the next day or 2

Offline Oldreddbeard

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Jan 20, 2016, 07:24 AM »
I got out on park lake last week before the warm up. Havent checked lake lansing yet.
I知 a psycho and will sleep in the parking lot so I can get out on the ice before you.

Offline Lerchperch

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Get Fishing
« Reply #35 on: Jan 20, 2016, 09:48 AM »
I went out on peacock last night ice was a good 5inches on the south side of the lake the cove at the north aide was about 3 inches. Did pretty well lots of little ones mixed in though.
Nothing makes a fish bigger than almost being caught.

Offline compli123

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish whispering since 1962
« Reply #36 on: Jan 20, 2016, 09:51 AM »
I'd suggest don't push it for tomorrow, especially if you're not familiar with the lake. As warm as it was today, that could weaken the iffy ice we've got. But it will set things up to make nice ice when we get the single digit nights they predict starting Sunday. I don't want to take any chances, but it looks like I could finally get out next week!
Fox Knoll 4+" and being fished. Sloooow fishing, though. Caught 5 keepers and 3 dinks that froze and had to keep anyway.
I like to sit around on the ice doing nothing because my wife won't let me do it at home.

Offline Oldreddbeard

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Jan 20, 2016, 09:59 AM »
Doesn't seem like the bite has been all that good in general. It won't keep me off the ice though. The season is underway guys.

Offline Oldreddbeard

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Jan 20, 2016, 10:00 AM »
I went out on peacock last night ice was a good 5inches on the south side of the lake the cove at the north aide was about 3 inches. Did pretty well lots of little ones mixed in though.

Whereabouts is Peacock??

Offline Lerchperch

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Get Fishing
« Reply #39 on: Jan 20, 2016, 10:22 AM »
Peacock is on peacock rd in bath. Its right next to the highway I69 there is a little place to park next to the highway overpass

Offline Lerchperch

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Get Fishing
« Reply #40 on: Jan 20, 2016, 10:24 AM »
If you fish peacock I wouldnt bring a shanty. There is a tree down blocking the trail so you would have to lift it over it or vring a chainsaw lol

Offline Oldreddbeard

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #41 on: Jan 21, 2016, 05:37 PM »
Hit up a few ponds out on the south side. Checked round. Got skeched out after hearing multiple pressure cracks while spudding. Won't be out there for a couple more days. However, made it out to Interstate, along with quite a few other fellas. Bite was okay. Headed out to Muskrat tomorrow and might head put to some Barry County lakes. Fingers crossed. Hope the ice is treating you all well.

Offline backinmich

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #42 on: Jan 21, 2016, 07:56 PM »
made it out to Interstate, along with quite a few other fellas. Bite was okay.

I was one of those fellas! Didn't notice anybody with a red beard, so I guess our paths didn't cross. I agree, okay is a good description for the bite.

Offline Lerchperch

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Get Fishing
« Reply #43 on: Jan 22, 2016, 12:33 AM »
Round lake in laingsburg? I was at the bait store there in wednesday and someone had a quad and shanty out on the ice. I tried little moon also on wednesday night the bite was very slow and no size to the fish. I tried cenic tonight and cuaght some crappie ill probably head to foxknoll or mud in the morning and I will let you guys know how the bite was

Offline Oldreddbeard

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #44 on: Jan 22, 2016, 05:44 AM »
I was one of those fellas! Didn't notice anybody with a red beard, so I guess our paths didn't cross. I agree, okay is a good description for the bite.

You'll always see me wearing my lucky blue menards hoody. Come say hi next time.

Offline Oldreddbeard

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #45 on: Jan 22, 2016, 05:46 AM »
Round lake in laingsburg? I was at the bait store there in wednesday and someone had a quad and shanty out on the ice. I tried little moon also on wednesday night the bite was very slow and no size to the fish. I tried cenic tonight and cuaght some crappie ill probably head to foxknoll or mud in the morning and I will let you guys know how the bite was

I know I saw the tracks, but i think the wait of the quads split it all upon. Theres pressure cracks all over it. And i kept hearing it split with ever spud wack. Idk, just too skechy for me at least. Theres holes drilled out there though.

Offline usedone

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #46 on: Jan 22, 2016, 01:04 PM »
OldRedBeard

Are you going scouting this weekend? If you do, would you like some company? I am eager, and available. Very itchy, too. Just like everyone else.

I just finally got approved for posting, else I would have asked sooner!

Offline Oldreddbeard

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #47 on: Jan 22, 2016, 02:16 PM »
OldRedBeard

Are you going scouting this weekend? If you do, would you like some company? I am eager, and available. Very itchy, too. Just like everyone else.

I just finally got approved for posting, else I would have asked sooner!

Hell yeh dude! PM me.

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over, I'll ice fish there too!!
« Reply #48 on: Jan 22, 2016, 02:18 PM »
Hell yeh dude! PM me.
                     Think he needs 3 posts, to use pm

Offline Oldreddbeard

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #49 on: Jan 22, 2016, 02:19 PM »
Also, checked out Muskrat today. The bite was spotty and light. Decided to pack up and head to Sessions. Never in my life have i ever drilled over 50 holes and hardly mark less than 10 fish let alone not a single bite. I was gonna wait it out for the evening bite but got frustrated and here i ended up back at muskrat. Hopefully the evening bite goes better than the morning. Hope all you guys are getting out now that we finally have some good ice. Post your updates!

Offline usedone

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #50 on: Jan 22, 2016, 02:30 PM »
Well, if it is posts I need, this is number three. I will try to PM you!

Offline Sustainable

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #51 on: Jan 22, 2016, 08:40 PM »
How was the ice on lake interstate? Just got my first shanty and I am ready to break her in. I'm in Charlotte so that is a pretty easy lake to get to and on to.

Offline backinmich

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #52 on: Jan 22, 2016, 10:14 PM »
How was the ice on lake interstate? Just got my first shanty and I am ready to break her in. I'm in Charlotte so that is a pretty easy lake to get to and on to.

7" on Thursday. Enjoy your new shanty.

Offline Sustainable

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #53 on: Jan 22, 2016, 11:49 PM »
Thank you for the reply that is what I like to hear!

Offline Oldreddbeard

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #54 on: Jan 23, 2016, 07:38 PM »
Stopped at round. Bite was eh. The old man had a few flags while i marked a couple fish. Who knows where ill end up tomorrow? If you see a red bearded fellow in a blue menards hoodie. Come say hi and sip some whiskey witchya boy.

Offline Sustainable

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #55 on: Jan 23, 2016, 08:33 PM »
I hit interstate from 4pm until 7:30pm. Caught 4 small ones out from the dock that is it. Lots of lite bites. I didn't move much not sure if that would have helped. I miss my Marcum I left it up north retrieving it next weekend. New Clam power drill auger was awesome, I love it. This was my first time out alone on ice, man I hate the sounds it makes when the sun goes down. I know it's good but it still creeps me out.

Offline Oldreddbeard

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #56 on: Jan 24, 2016, 05:35 AM »
I hit interstate from 4pm until 7:30pm. Caught 4 small ones out from the dock that is it. Lots of lite bites. I didn't move much not sure if that would have helped. I miss my Marcum I left it up north retrieving it next weekend. New Clam power drill auger was awesome, I love it. This was my first time out alone on ice, man I hate the sounds it makes when the sun goes down. I know it's good but it still creeps me out.

Dude im with you man, i was on muskrat the other day and had my head phones in blaring music and still heard one that sounded like a gun shot. Lol but yes, it is a good thing.

Offline Lerchperch

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Get Fishing
« Reply #57 on: Jan 24, 2016, 11:59 AM »
I dont know where everyone gets their minnows but the bait store on round lake is out of pike minnows and was running low on crappie minnows. They said they werent sure when they would get more pike minnows in becuase there supplier was out.

Offline Oldreddbeard

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #58 on: Jan 24, 2016, 12:35 PM »
I dont know where everyone gets their minnows but the bait store on round lake is out of pike minnows and was running low on crappie minnows. They said they werent sure when they would get more pike minnows in becuase there supplier was out.

Go grab some guppies at the meijer bro! No need for UV tackle!

Offline Oldreddbeard

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #59 on: Jan 24, 2016, 12:36 PM »
Also me and Usedone met up at Morrison today. VERY light bite but theyre out there.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.