Author Topic: Finally a Quebec report  (Read 1918 times)

Offline Scumking

• IceShanty Rookie
Finally a Quebec report
« on: Jan 12, 2008, 06:43 PM »
Well headed over to Bayou last Saturday morning to see if anyone had ventured out on the ice yet.Seems with the cold snap at the beginning of January a good layer of ice had formed and there was at least 50 - 100 people out there. .Headed straight to the minner shop to and picked up 24 good sized minners to get set up for Sunday.

I gave Mike a call Sunday morning to see if he could make it but he had to get the Christmas stuff away(BULLET) . Seems the bullet was decorated for Christmas LOL. .

Anyway I got there around 9.00 and headed out to a favorite spot.I drilled around 6 holes along with a few other that were already there, I set up 8 tipups.

One of the Tipup was set with a rather large Minnow that had'nt survived the night.I put him down and 30 seconds later the flag went and he took off like a Rocket,Tried setting the hook but it was gone. 

About 10 minutes later the second went off and a chunky 4 pounder came in.I reset this one and drilled a hole to Jig for perch.2 minutes Into Jigging the next tipup went spinning like crazy.This was a good fish.I set the hook and the fish was on.Took about 5 minutes to get him to the hole but I could'nt get his head to come thru.Finally managed to get him to come out of the hole 3/4 of his lengtht and the 30lb braid snapped.F%$#^^%K  this fish was in the 8-10 lb range. OK I was 1/3 but still having a blast ,this was shaping up to be one of the best icefishing days yet.

I got 2 more 4 lbers and then hooked another nice fish that went around 6-7 lbs.I got him out of the hole and was just about to remove the hook when another Tipup went doubleheader   , I left that fish on the ice and headed right over and started to pull this fish in but it felt like I had a whale  .I then put my gloves on and yanked away finally getiing a nice 5 lber in. I had a good laugh when I looked over at the other hole and the first fish of the double header was gone,seems they had crossed each other  and I could'nt help pulling one in and pulling the other back in. 

I ended up with 8 Pike out of 11 hooked with the big one gone. The bite shutdown around 12.00 and I preceded to jig for panfish and each hole as I finished.Managed 5 nice perch with one going around 13-14 inches.What a blast .

I took some pics but the camera was in video mode,If anyone know how to convert .AVI

to pics let me know.

All in all a great day

Scummer

Offline bucketmouth

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Have an ice day!
Re: Finally a Quebec report
« Reply #1 on: Jan 13, 2008, 01:22 PM »
Well done Ron!!  I've been waiting for a bayou report... figured Mike would be a little too preoccupied with his new boat to get out there  :laugh:  Now get that picture thing worked out would ya?

Don

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.