Author Topic: Weekend report!!  (Read 1725 times)

Offline Manny

• IceShanty Rookie
Weekend report!!
« on: Dec 21, 2005, 10:09 AM »
One word to sum it up, Dinks or cigars.

Dawn-bite around Orleans got us dinks.  Then headed out to Wendover to a day-time spot for walleyes and got more dinks.  Back to Orleans for the evening bite, hey, guess what, small stuff.  Tha was sunday.  Monday saw us at Walleye bay at Petrie since the crowd was sparse.  Saw Seaweed, Ransome, Bucketmouth, Seabass out there.  Was nice meeting them.  Finally got a walleye that went 17 inches and the rest were dinks. 

We had poeple around us everywhere but only saw one walleye over 17 inches caught, which happened to be a 6.2 pounder caught at Walleye bay.  Tried everything in our box but jigging raps were king.  Out of twenty something walleyes caught, only 2 were caught on spoons.  Live-bait rigs and anything involving live minnows on slow presentations bombed, which is par for the course at first-ice.

Ice SHOULD be good here in Mtl now.  Mikey, Scumking anybody??  Friday or saturday morning???  Will advise tomorrow regarding ice conds.

Manny

The minute you stop learning is the minute you are 6FT under.

Offline Mikey

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Weekend report!!
« Reply #1 on: Dec 22, 2005, 09:22 PM »
Waiting for the N*ICE report Manny! (Don't fall in again  ;D) Could be out on Sat morning! SCUMMER!!!!!!! You in??

Offline Manny

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 22, 2005, 10:40 PM »
OK, my shift got cut tomorrow so I will be able to head down there in the evening to check the ice conditions.  If it's all good, as it should be, lock and load for saturday morning.

Manny
The minute you stop learning is the minute you are 6FT under.

Offline Mikey

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 23, 2005, 06:19 AM »
Manny, gimme a call at work tomoorow on my cell ;-)

Mikey

Offline Scumking

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 23, 2005, 09:49 AM »
Mike. not sure if I can make it.I'll have to check with the Boss ;) ;).Where did you plan on going?.Can you get Minnows yet or does Manny have some?   

Ron

Offline joco

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 25, 2005, 06:44 PM »

HEY MANNY................. .....any new report,,,,,,,,,,?

i have to get down there soon,,,,,,,,,, ;D....

not anught walleye around here.... :-\

all that rain we got here today(25 dec),,,is not good ,,there will a lot off water on the ice,,,,

but as the cold will be back,,,,we will a lot off ice,,.

take care manny................. ..........et joyeux noel. ;D

joco

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.