The ice fishing MN boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Lure lightning lights  (Read 7050 times)

Offline Fishnfun1

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Lure lightning lights
« Reply #30 on: Dec 19, 2012, 10:07 PM »
ordered the 365 nm one, lots of great information on this site. Thanks to all who contribute to this great site. When I talk to my other ice fishing buddies it almost sound like I know what I'm talking about.

Offline neveruminda

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Owe No Man Anything...
« Reply #31 on: Feb 05, 2013, 09:12 AM »
I like mine a lot. Here is a video I did when I got it in 2010:

Thx for posting the video link Cameron - for how long and how often do you typically charge the jigs
Owe No Man Anything...

servocam

« Reply #32 on: Feb 05, 2013, 07:37 PM »
Thx for posting the video link Cameron - for how long and how often do you typically charge the jigs

At Night:
- When they are on biting, every time I drop the lure back in the hole.
- When they are schooling around (come and go on the flasher), I charge it every 5 - 20 minutes between bites.  Sometimes a pattern will show up.  One night, it was about every 30 minutes the crappie would come through and bite for about 2-3 minutes.  So I was sure to have the jig glowing for them.
- When they are there but not biting, I switch up the jigs every 10-15 mins to try to get some interest. Charging for a few seconds before dropping in.

During the day, not as often.  Also depends on how lazy I am on the trip :-)

What does everyone else do?

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #33 on: Feb 05, 2013, 07:47 PM »
Servocam described how almost exactly how I do it.... I would call it a solid practice.

It also helps to know how long your jigs glow. Not all glow paint is created equal and it looses it's potency with age and use. 

Offline Desperado

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • . . . . . . Happy Trails . . . .. Des .. IBOT #328
« Reply #34 on: Feb 05, 2013, 08:28 PM »
also the same brand/type paint of the same age/usage will vary based on color

red glows brightest but is shortest lasting

blue glows dullest but is longest lasting

so you have to recharge red or pink jigs more frequently
Have YOU Clamped YET ?

Offline icecold23

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #35 on: Feb 07, 2013, 03:45 PM »
I can say the Lure Lightning is a great product.

I have bought 3 myself, (1 for me, 2 for Christmas gifts), and I have had 3 others buy them after seeing mine in action.  They work better than any of the other standard products I have used (keychain light, headlamp, etc).

$30 may seem high, but you generally get what you pay for...well, most of the time.

Offline pfscott

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #36 on: Feb 07, 2013, 05:22 PM »
I like the convenience of it, having it ready and handy. I never use my foot to activate it, just lean forward over the belly and push the button. Both my son and I have one on our vexes and love them.

Offline benellim1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #37 on: Feb 07, 2013, 09:15 PM »
Bought one and won't go back. It uses two kinds of light instead of just one wavelength from our little keychain or headlamps, which fires up the stuff in the glow chemicals on the lures.
It's bullet proof , and the guy stands behind his product.
On a side note, I bought a jar of the glow paint at Fleet farm and painted most of my other lures with it also with clear nail polish clearcoat, so I would have the option on all my lures.
Most major accidents begin with these three words: "Honey, watch this..."

Offline IceNeck9292

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #38 on: Feb 08, 2013, 07:06 PM »
I use my buddy heater.. if ur hitting em they don't need to be super bright.. also another thing to remeber u can buy the most exspencive fancy light to glow ur jigs but if u have a crappy glow paint on it, it really won't matter.
Cacth them by day, fillet them by night.

Offline Nam 69

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Never Forget Them! All Gave Some but Some Gave ALL
« Reply #39 on: Feb 14, 2013, 11:12 AM »
Man buy the one that attaches to your Flasher, The other lights that are being shown are not that much cheaper then the solid unit that goes on the flasher. I dont even own one but I can tell its a great product and it seems the man will back his product 100%. Just go for it if you need a lure light, you get what you pay for,

Offline fishquick86

• IceShanty Rookie
  • "Ice Fishing Addict"
« Reply #40 on: Feb 14, 2013, 11:45 AM »
Its kind of funny but I went into walmart and asked for a couple of there throw away disposable cameras that they rip the film out of and I put a AA battery in it and taped it up and I charge the flash on it and flash my jigs and it seems to work pretty awesome they stay lit for longer than putting it in front of my led lights. Just a FREE idea if anyone is short money out there!!!
Give a man a fish feed him for a day, teach a man how to fish gives you an excuse to leave on the weekends!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.