The ice fishing MN boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Lure lightning lights  (Read 7051 times)

Offline bammer

• Team IceShanty Regular
Lure lightning lights
« on: Jan 30, 2012, 05:52 PM »
anyone use these? look pretty handy.

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
Re: Lure lightning lights
« Reply #1 on: Jan 30, 2012, 05:57 PM »
They are fantastic... I will never go without one again. They are the easiest and most efficient way to charge glow jigs I have found. Worth every penny if you ask me. They are not a cheap piece of crap either... think Maglite, maybe a little nicer.

Instal takes a few minutes, just replace your gimbal knob with this light. If you have a soft pack, just poke a small hole in it.

Offline bammer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 30, 2012, 06:03 PM »
will the light stay on if wanted?

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3 on: Jan 30, 2012, 06:42 PM »
Nope. The button needs to be pressed to keep it on. It makes a crumby flashlight anyway. It has funky purple light things in it, not regular LED lights. They make your glow jigs glow like they are on fire after about 5 seconds. What makes them great for glow jigs makes them poor flashlights. Think tanning bed bulbs only tiny.

The button is big and tough, it's made to be turned on with the toe of your boot. You hang the jig in front of the light and hit the button with your toe. It's a great way to do it.

Offline bammer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 30, 2012, 08:21 PM »
thanks for the info, probly gonna have to get one.

Offline fastrpms

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 31, 2012, 07:23 AM »
I saw these in the store and I was a little sceptical. I decided to try using my LED headlamp and it worked! That lure was glowing bright as heck. Save your money if you carry a headlamp with  you when you fish. The headlamps put out much more power then those little glow chargers.

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #6 on: Jan 31, 2012, 05:30 PM »
This isn't a little glow charger, it's a deal you attach to your flasher.

http://www.lurelightning.com/index.php

I agree though, your average headlamp will charge jigs better than those regular jig lights that go on a key ring. It's one less thing to keep track of too.

Offline Desperado

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • . . . . . . Happy Trails . . . .. Des .. IBOT #328
« Reply #7 on: Feb 01, 2012, 09:48 AM »

This isn't a little glow charger, it's a deal you attach to your flasher.

and it's powered by your flasher battery, so there's enough juice available to produce a quite powerful luminescense level
Have YOU Clamped YET ?

Offline dcso3009

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Feb 01, 2012, 10:07 AM »
X2 to what Skipper had to say.  I have one, as do almost all of the guys I have fished with.  They all saw it used once, and ordered one.  Only thing I was disappointed in was they where not at the ice show this last year.  I had orders for 3 of them.  They all ordered them on line, and have been happy with them.

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #9 on: Feb 01, 2012, 06:54 PM »
And built by a "little guy" in Ham Lake MN. These are not mass produced crap and it really shows.

I hate to sound like a walking, talking infomercial. I really have no connection to the company at all, I just really like their product. With all the gimmicky crap out there that people buy, it is easy to overlook a product like this. I can't believe that one of the flasher manufacturers haven't bought this patent yet. 

Offline bammer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Feb 02, 2012, 07:04 PM »

Yea I got on the Vex forum & asked about it, he's seen'm but that's about all. Are they lifetime warranty?

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #11 on: Feb 02, 2012, 07:26 PM »
You would have to contact them. I wouldn't worry about it too much, they are all metal and very solid.

servocam

« Reply #12 on: Feb 04, 2012, 11:10 AM »
I like mine a lot. Here is a video I did when I got it in 2010:

Offline randyfishalot

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Dec 07, 2012, 09:21 PM »
I just bought one at the Wausau Wisconsin Ice show tonight and when I got home did some searching and seen this post and all I can say is Very bright cant wait to get on some ice and use it.   And they are lifetime warranty

Offline addicted to ice fishing

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Feeding my addiction one lake at a time
« Reply #14 on: Dec 07, 2012, 09:38 PM »
I just bought one at the Wausau Wisconsin Ice show tonight and when I got home did some searching and seen this post and all I can say is Very bright cant wait to get on some ice and use it.   And they are lifetime warranty

Welcome to the Shanty!   Where are you located?

Offline Duncan77

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Dec 11, 2012, 03:39 PM »
I have had mine for about 6 years now, still works great. I wont go fishing without my lure lightning light, thats right it is attached to my flasher. great product.
Don't try to change me, my wife said that's her job.

Offline flatnose

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Dec 11, 2012, 07:47 PM »
i have an fl22 ultra pack will the light work with the vex in the soft pak or do u have to take it out of the soft pak?

Offline Duncan77

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Dec 11, 2012, 09:26 PM »
i have an fl22 ultra pack will the light work with the vex in the soft pak or do u have to take it out of the soft pak?

you can check it out for yourself, go to Ice Fishing with electronics  on the main page. subject  lure lightning on a FL 22 HD pictures are on the first page.
Don't try to change me, my wife said that's her job.

Offline mathews4ever

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Dec 16, 2012, 11:30 AM »
You suck servocam. I had just told myself that I don't need a stinkin 30 dollar light and then I watched your video and now I am going to order one. The difference was night and day in your test.

Does anybody know if it would mount to a showdown 5.6?

Offline Desperado

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • . . . . . . Happy Trails . . . .. Des .. IBOT #328
« Reply #19 on: Dec 16, 2012, 12:13 PM »
I'd much rather have one GOOD $30 light than three CRAPPY $10 ones                     
Have YOU Clamped YET ?

Offline Fishnfun1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Dec 16, 2012, 04:14 PM »
Any other stores carry this, or do I have to order it online?

Offline pfscott

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #21 on: Dec 16, 2012, 04:56 PM »
I ordered both of mine online, and absolutely love them. Great guy to deal with, and a very solid product.

Offline Fishnfun1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #22 on: Dec 17, 2012, 12:21 AM »
I want to buy one, just too cheap to pay for shipping :D

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #23 on: Dec 17, 2012, 05:46 PM »
For those of you looking for a super "hot" light for charging glow jigs in the form of a flashlight, check this out.

365nm UV Flashlight

I'm sure there are better bargains, but this is the one I have. A member who goes by Frigidaire uses these at work for various science type things, he turned me on to them. They are VERY effective for charging jigs.

Offline tbirdbassr

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • illinois
« Reply #24 on: Dec 18, 2012, 09:10 PM »
http://www.amazon.com/Ledwholesalers-Zoomable-Narrow-Flashlight-7227UV385/dp/B007TGJ8P6/ref=sr_1_6?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1355886454&sr=1-6

Heres one with the same wave length and probably a clearer crystal which will mean a brighter light and then a brighter jig

Offline Fishnfun1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #25 on: Dec 18, 2012, 10:51 PM »
I'm super cheap :D, would something like this work close to what the lure lightning would?
http://www.sears.com/neiko-9-led-400nm-ultra-violet-uv/p-SPM2179557801?prdNo=6&blockNo=6&blockType=G6

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #26 on: Dec 19, 2012, 05:41 PM »
I was under the understanding that the higher the wavelengh number as measured in nano meters (nm), the closer it was to violet in the visible light band and farther from true uv light that our eyes cannot see. I was also under the understanding that uv did a much better job charging jigs than light in the visible range.

365>400 in this case.

Hopefully someone can set me straight.

Offline Fishnfun1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #27 on: Dec 19, 2012, 07:41 PM »
too late, I bought the cheapy, we'll see how it works :D

Offline Fishnfun1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #28 on: Dec 19, 2012, 07:51 PM »
This is from Frigidaire in another thread

quote "Note on UV lights. They are not all the same.  The ultraviolet band extends from 400 nanometers (just below purple in the visible) all the way down to 190 nanometers.  The lower the number the more energetic the photons are.  Spend the extra money and get a 365nm LED rather than a 395-400nm one.  It won't look as intense to your eye, but that's because your eyes can't see UV light, but they can be damaged by it.  Don't look into the beam. The more energetic 365nm photons will do a much better job charging up the phosphorescent paint on your jigs!"

Guess I'm gonna have to go buy another flashlight :(

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #29 on: Dec 19, 2012, 08:03 PM »
He's right too.. The 365nm light I have charges jigs much better than any method I've found. It makes my laundry room look like a murder scene too! ;D

This is why Iceshanty is so great.... One guy rides in with knowledge of UV lights and their effects on phosphorescent paints, and we all get to benefit from it. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.