Author Topic: ...Yet another CJ/Cottonwood thread  (Read 1081 times)

Offline sdhuntandfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
...Yet another CJ/Cottonwood thread
« on: Feb 12, 2013, 10:52 AM »
Hey guys,

I have a buddy from back home coming out to fish and he arrives here tonight. We are going to be fishing Wed-Next Monday (Thurs-Mon @ Cascade). We only have a half day to fish tomorrow so a Cascade trip is out of the question. I'm interested in trying CJ at Cottonwood for tomorrow morning.

Can anyone who has been down there in the past couple days let me know what the ice conditions are like? I realize the shorelines are likely rotten, but once you get to the ice, what is it like?

P/M if you'd prefer. In return for reliable info, I have up to date Cascade perch info to share in return.

Thanks in advance,
Andy

Offline KozinKenny

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: ...Yet another CJ/Cottonwood thread
« Reply #1 on: Feb 12, 2013, 11:43 AM »
Hey sdhuntandfish.
I think we are done with CJ.  My Wife ,son and I will be up at Cascade Thurs-Sat. Look for us near Sugarloaf. I will be flying my Shanty Flag off my ATV. We also have a small green Eskimo Ice shack. We would love to meet you guys. 
Kenny
"When an Ice Fisherman Freezes, another one thaws and takes his place."
~Patrick F. McManus~

Good Fish'n, Kenny

Offline KunaFrmr

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 12, 2013, 12:44 PM »
Hey Kenny, I may be on the ice on Thursday.  Today's trip didn't work out so well.  I may take my snowmobile up there so that I can get around the ice quicker.  I think that some new snow is coming in tonight or tomorrow.  Nothing much and only about a 30% chance at that.  The rest of the week looks good.

I'll look for your Shanty flag and swing by to say hello.  Talk to you then.  Frmr

Offline sdhuntandfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 12, 2013, 03:01 PM »
Hey guys,

Thanks for the replies. I'll be up there with 2 other South Dakotans. I have a white Polaris ATV and am usually pulling a trailer with my gear/people on it. I also drive a tan GMC with SD plates.

We will be staying in the area at a hotel through Monday. I hate driving up and back same day from my house in Boise. That curvy/windy road (55) is tough after a long day on the ice.

Offline Woodland

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Feb 12, 2013, 08:43 PM »
I went out yesterday afternoon. Ice was 4" 100 yards out. Turned around at went home. There was a tent west of cottonwood in the shadow of the bluff

Offline Duck-Slayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Feb 12, 2013, 10:29 PM »
I also drive a tan GMC with SD plates.

when you gonna get real plate's that say Idaho on them..... ;D
Matt
Duck-Slayers new nickname is "DUD-switch".  Just for the record......  BITE ME

TEAM SPUDSICKLE..... 
2012 Ice Shanty winner - Perch
2012 Cascade Ice Cup Derby winner - Perch
2013 Hard Water Classic winner - Perch