Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1611863 times)

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #19230 on: Apr 10, 2020, 06:16 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie....glad you were able to get thru finally, way to stick it out  :thumbsup:

MrC....yes it was a male bluebird, we have 3 pairs of them around right now  :clap:  every spring we get at least one or two hatches in the bird houses

last year's babies

WS....x2 on none of our group having 19 issues  :clap:  praying it stays that way  :) 

OG.....woke to about an inch of fresh snow on the ground and still coming down  ::)  60* by Sunday  :wacko:

OS.....thoughts and prayers with MrsOS and you as her treatments come to an end  :thumbsup: :flex: :clap: 

Did a grocery store run yesterday, number of people allowed in limited, aisles are one way, single use plastic bags are back, shelves are still bare

Some confusing talk of boat launches being shut down as nonessential  :o  pictures of some being barricaded already, hearing the self serve state launches won't be affected  :unsure: :blink:  just waiting to see how it all plays out   :-\

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19231 on: Apr 10, 2020, 06:57 AM »
Happy Good Friday. 32* dusting of snow and some breaks of sun. Breezy!

Ice-45, Mr. D looks right at home.

Eddie, good to see you.

WW, thanks for sharing the "bluebird". I took my weekly trip to Topps yesterday morning. Only ONE other shopper in the store. I scored "2" rolls, first time I have seen any on the shelf  since this thing started. Will have to wait and see about the launches. The boat will stay where it is for now.

Wife made "hot cross buns" yesterday and she had one this morning. She had given up sweets for Lent, so she couldn't wait to have it.

Have a good day and stay well....h2l
Northville, NY

Online ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #19232 on: Apr 10, 2020, 08:36 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                         It's 34* windy and snow showers. ::)
                         Wally..........Nice looking in to the Bluebird box. :thumbsup:
                         H2L............I heard they are closing down golf courses, I wonder if they will do the same at boat launches. :unsure:
                         Marv...........Good work on the wood at Jennie's house. Take it easy. :clap:
                         Eddie..........Sorry to read your computer problems aren't resolved yet. :o
                         I-45............Mr. Dickens looks very comfortable.  :thumbsup:
                         Steve..........I will be picking up the wife's car this morning. Yea! :clap:
                         OS..............One more treatment after today.  :clap: I hope your wife recovers from the burn quickly. :flex:
                         I went to the grocery store for the 6 am opening this morning, not many in the store. I pulled out some frozen vegetables 8 bags, when I got to the
                check out the cashier told me I could only have 4 bags. I didn't see the notice on the door of the display. One of the bag was 2 for 3 dollars, I told her
                that should be counted as 1. I know the woman a very nice lady, then I said that i was trying to only go once a week to the store. And if I ate 1 bag a day then
                I had to come back in 4 days instead of 8 days, it didn't work.
                        I hope everyone has a good Friday either at work or at home. Stay safe and healthy.

IW

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19233 on: Apr 10, 2020, 10:58 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, 50* and sunny. Had a snow squall earlier. My wife is working today. She went to Walmart yesterday and they still don’t have anything on the shelves. Not even worth going to the store. I have another Mri tomorrow and she’s not allowed in the building.

Ice Wanderer, Some of those cashiers take their job very seriously.

Hunts2long, Mr Dickens is a little spoiled. He loves the bed. That was a good score on toilet paper. We haven’t seen any on the shelves in a while. My wife had left a thing of toilet paper in her car and we were surprised it wasn’t broken into. Hot cross buns are great. My mother use to make them.

WallyWorld, Thank you for pictures of the Bluebirds. Here in Mass it’s confusing as well about boat launching. They say it’s ok but ticket everyone because the lot is full. Wonder if stores will ever get deliveries again.

Whopper Stopper, I’m sure your tired doing a 3 day job in 2 days. Hopefully over the weekend your able to get some rest and get out on the water.

Mason Eddie, Nice to see you on the board. This whole unemployment thing is ridiculous. Prayers you get it settled soon. Hopefully you get your computer fixed soon.

I hope everyone has a good day and a safe one. Prayers that they find a vaccine for this virus. God Bless
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19235 on: Apr 10, 2020, 02:56 PM »
This morning's view  :-\

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #19236 on: Apr 10, 2020, 04:52 PM »
Same here WW. Coming down hard now..
 Hope everyone had a good,  Good Friday.
 Stay healthy all.  Not good when this virus touches home... :'(

Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #19237 on: Apr 10, 2020, 08:23 PM »
Good evening mix of weather today very windy and a snow squall which left nothing on the ground or vehicles unlike those in upstate NY.
Eddie sorry you have not found a way to get broken charger part out of your I-Pad. Glad you got through to unemployment may you receive first check quickly.
Old Goat good you did not have to deal with any Wintry weather.
Whopper Stopper may you and your SIL have made good progress or completed the tree work at her home.
Wallyworld thank you for the baby bluebird photo. May you see more product on shelves next shopping trip. Looks like you will or have done some shoveling assuming the snowblower is off your tractor and in storage.
Ice Wanderer Glad your wife's car is ready for pickup. So happy I never learned how to run a cash register. I'm sure you were a gentlemen with the cashier unlike some customer who would be screaming and asking to see store manager. Sales flyers/papers are printed a month or more in advance given the current circumstances there should be signage by stores entrance stating they are not able to honor certain things in the flyer. Also have a recorded message the plays every 15 minutes over the stores music/PA system. The longer people see empty shelves and limits on certain items the higher stress and panic levels get as folks fear the worse is yet to arrive.
Icefisher-45 may all go well with the MRI .
Drifter I hope they are wrong and sports can resume sooner then Thanksgiving. Have a safe trip and good time at your cabin this weekend.
Raquettedacker may all be good with you and the family .Hope you did not receive to many inches of snow. Have things gotten crazy at work place as more folks the normal look for and purchase items to start home gardens.
Hunts2long may your wife have enjoyed her sweets. Depending on the snow you received Lindsay might have to wait on the plants.

May everyone and their families continue to avoid Covid-19. best to all with fishing trips planed.
 Steve

Offline SpitzoMT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLX-28 Ultra Pack
« Reply #19238 on: Apr 11, 2020, 12:44 AM »

Spitzo.......How far out of town do you live, looks like nice territory!  :thumbsup:

IW

I W - I live 4 miles out of town !!

Evening all !!
Temp topped out at 59* here in the hills today.....Forecast is calling for up to 7 inches of snow between midnight & noon tomorrow with a high of 38*.....Easter Sunday morning low of 9* with a high of 30*.....Monday morning suppose to be 9* as well.....Springtime in the Rockies !!

Hope ya all had a good Friday, Stay healthy/safe & Have a great Easter !!

Almost forgot.....The bluebirds returned Wednesday, which is a bit early for here.....They'll probably wish they hadn't after it starts snowing within the next few hours LOL.....
This male & female were chasing each other around all day !!

Online ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #19239 on: Apr 11, 2020, 04:35 AM »

Good morning Spitzo, ER's,
                       It's 31* and windy here on my hill. The sun is suppose to be out later. ::)
                       Spitzo...........Natur e is playing trick this year, the Bluebirds will get through it. :woot:
                       Steve...........My wife's car looks like new, the original estimate was $2500 with the added extras it came to $6600, I only had to pay
               the $500 deductible. Yes I was courteous to the cashier, we are all going through a tough time, there is no reason to lash out at someone
               doing their job. She doesn't make policy. :blink:
                       Wally...........We didn't anywhere near the snow you guys got.  :clap:
                       Dom............Thanks for checking in, I hope you and your family are well. :flex:
                       Eddie...........I'm sure you don't want to venture out but I'm sure someone like at staples or Best Buy can help get the charger plug out
              of the port.  :flex:
                        Marv...........How did the wood go at Jennie's? ???
                        #3 son has been called back to work, I guess bridge work is essential.
                        Not much on the menu today, I might go to #3's and get my splitter and split the trees I dropped the other day.
                        I hope everyone has a good Saturday either at work or at home. Stay safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #19240 on: Apr 11, 2020, 04:50 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Morning Everyone,
  The winds just don’t want to give up here yet, 32* this am high of 44 today. Hope everyone had a good Good Friday yesterday.

Steve...have a few more calls to make today concerning the computer, fingers crossed...replying by phone is proving to be a royal PITA, lol.  :thumbsup: 
  Spitzo...beautiful pictures, thanks for sharing!  :thumbsup:    Sounds like winter doesn’t want to let go quite yet.
   OS...my best wishes and congratulations sent to your wife today on her last treatment!   :bow: :clap: :thumbsup:

Will catch up to you all later today...be Safe everyone!

Morning Jeff....looking into Best Buy this am and a few others....hope all is well with the family!   :thumbsup:

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19241 on: Apr 11, 2020, 06:12 AM »
31* the sun is up but it is windy.
IW, I am glad WW kept all the snow out there.
SpitzoMT, thanks for the pictures of the bluebirds.

Still haven't dug up the plants. sort of waiting for Lindsay to let us know when she is coming up, plus some warmer/dry weather.

Have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #19242 on: Apr 11, 2020, 06:43 AM »
Good Morning, Everybody

Supposed to hit 60's today, sunshine right now, no wind

Mr. Clean - The move to Kansas is on hold right now-no one wants to do house visits, which is understandable-real estate agent is ready, just waiting for restrictions to be
      lifted

Mrs. W.W.+ R.D. - How much snow did you get?

SpitzoMt - Just hope the snow is not heavy, if you get what is called for, good luck

Not much else here, just waiting...and waiting...and waiting...and waiting, havn't figured out what it is ,yet, but still waiting

Be Safe-Stay Warm-Have Fun-Tight Lines-Records & Limits-Safe Travels-Good Eats & Drink-Happy Birthday-Happy Anniversary-Get Well Soon
Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19243 on: Apr 11, 2020, 07:09 AM »
Morning all,

CapJ.....had a couple inches total, all melted before days end yesterday  :wacko:  guess Mother Nature just wanted to remind us who's in charge  :whistle:

IW.....that's quite a jump in price  :o  glad insurance covered it  :clap:  without thinking I picked up a container of clorax wipes AND a shower spray cleaner while shopping the other day, register wouldn't even scan the second one (limit of 1 cleaning item per customer)   :blink: had to just laugh it off  ;D

Eddie....good luck getting the ipad fixed  ;)

Spitz.....the bluebirds hang around here all year, not sure what they eat all winter  :unsure:  hope your snow doesn't amount to much

WS.....any plans on taking a day off soon  ???  :roflmao:

Still not clear what boat launches will be open if any, many different opinions floating around  ::)  no big deal as the wave forecast is for 10+ footers Monday and Tuesday  :o  so again Mother Nature rules  :woot:

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19244 on: Apr 11, 2020, 07:35 AM »
Good Morning ER's  a little groggy still time to crawl back in bed.

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19245 on: Apr 11, 2020, 12:25 PM »
ww  What do spring snow shower bring if spring rains bring flowers. We had one male blue bird in the back no sign of a female. The cardinals have been singing up a storm. It looks like there might be a paid nesting by the front flower garden. That is ok as I will not have to work on that garden until the fledglings leave the nest.

You would not be fishing in Michigan unless you have oars for your boat. Our governor just banned the uses of motorized boats of any sort. She also banned the big box stores from selling paint, floor coverings and more plus they can not sell gardening supplies. She tried to get a 70 day extension to the stay at home order. Luckily the legislature had to approve an extension. They cut her to a 3 week extension.

Eddie Hopefully Best Buy can get  things fixed for you. We buy all of our electronics from them. You might want to make an appointment with them so you do not have to wait in line.

Dom Hopefully you do not get stopped from selling you plants and flowers. A huge garden center west of Allendale just said that they will go bankrupt if the have to remain closed. They  will not be the only ones as there are thousands of green house around Holland now. NO clomping and stomping at Holland this year as the Tulip Festival has been canceled.

Time to get some thing done. I spent over an hour talking to my brother. Then the dog breeder called with a Q about turkey licenses. It looks like I will be hunting by her house as she has a bunch of toms hanging around.

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #19246 on: Apr 11, 2020, 03:28 PM »

You would not be fishing in Michigan unless you have oars for your boat. Our governor just banned the uses of motorized boats of any sort.

Just read a FB post about this.
Turns out you can't even have a motor on the boat when you're rowing.
Guy got yanked off the water because he had a motor, even though it was raised up and the guy was rowing.
Load of BS if you ask me.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19247 on: Apr 11, 2020, 05:21 PM »

That answers that question  :'(

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #19248 on: Apr 11, 2020, 10:43 PM »
Good evening, nice day here weather wise high in the low fifties and sunny. I took a road trip this afternoon and met my BIL in parking lot os Small strip mall in Rockland county (not far from NY.-NJ. border maybe halfway point from each of our homes. Exchanged Easter presents and went on our ways about a ten minute or less visit. My sister was going to come but had to be part of a work conference her employer made some updates to computer programs and was testing the system. Talking to her earlier this evening told there are problems getting everything to load. Definitely will be a strange Easter for all of us.
SpitzoMT. may have received less then 7 inches of snow. Thank you for the bluebird photo.
Ice Wanderer glad insurance paid for most of wife's car repair. There must have been a lot of hidden damage pretty big difference between estimate and actual cost. Good to Hear Son#3 will be returning to work.
Eddie did you find a place to take your I-Pad for repair.
Capt.Jim understandable your move is on hold due to Covid-19.
Wallyworld looking at the photo it appears some state boat launches and parks are closed. I passed one local creek on my trip a few people out fishing from shore or wading.
Tomturkey wonder what the reasoning on no motors of any type. I think your Governor is at a loss as to what actions to take to slow/prevent the spread of Covid-19. Many folks will be looking to have gardens at this time and others do some home renovations or maintenance . Nice that you will have another area to hunt turkeys.
Drifter residents of both Canada and the United States enjoy many freedoms as our governments at all levels put more restrictions on citizens personally think it is only a matter of time until there is a rebellion. Hopefully not a violent one.

Happy Easter to all going to be a different one try and make the best of the day.
 Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #19249 on: Apr 12, 2020, 04:15 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Wishing everyone a safe and Happy Easter!! 

Online ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #19250 on: Apr 12, 2020, 04:19 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                          HAPPY EASTER everyone!
                          It's 29* and clear here on my hill, the wind has died down from yesterday. ::)
                          Tom.........I think your governor is at a loss for restricting things.  :cookoo: If she thinks not being able to use a motor will keep
                  people off the water, she's delusional. :woot:
                          Wally.......I guess they think all cleaners are the same. :cookoo: At least your store had Clorox wipes. :o
                          Steve......I heard that our governor closed golf courses and state park?boat launches, they are really going to have a problem with
                  some people with mental health issues. :whistle:
                          Eddie......How are you making out with the charger port? ???
                          Marv.......You had a busy week with the trees, I hope you got to relax yesterday and today. :flex:
                          I took Easter cards to MW's kids yesterday, MW is not getting much done work wise, he is doing some lite trucking for a materials
                 supplier.
                          We were invited to go to Easter dinner at #2 son's in-laws but we are staying here at home, we know they have been self quarantining
                 but #2 son is working and moving about. Since my wife's radiation treatment the Dr's. say her immune system is weakened that she should be
                 extra cautious. So we're doing Easter dinner alone. It's a tough time for everyone.
                          I hope everyone has a good Easter Sunday either at work or at home. Stay safe and Healthy.
                          Eddie posted while I was typing Good morning Eddie, Happy Easter.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19251 on: Apr 12, 2020, 05:21 AM »
Morning all,

Happy Easter everyone !!!!  It will be different that's for sure, but be thankful we're all still here to celebrate the day alone together  ;)

MrC.....that picture is the launch we use on Lake Ontario  :'( :'(

TT.....some crazy new restrictions happening everywhere I guess  :blink:

IW/OS.....sending hugs to MrsIW/MrsOS  :flex: :bow:

WS.....enjoy your dinner today  ;)2

Eddie.....thoughts and prayers to your Mom today, I'm sure it will a difficult day for all your family  :-\

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19252 on: Apr 12, 2020, 07:08 AM »
Good Morning ER's         Happy Easter

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19253 on: Apr 12, 2020, 07:54 AM »
Happy Easter to everyone. 29* and some sun.
Took a ride up by my brother's yesterday. He was out in the yard so I stopped and talked to him for awhile. We sat on a log from the tree they took down, about 12 feet apart. You may have heard us, neither of us has the best hearing....lol It was winding on top of the hill and none too warm. Lindsay came up in the PM and we sat outside for awhile.
Have a great day and stay well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #19254 on: Apr 12, 2020, 07:57 AM »
Happy Easter Everyone! :bow:

May everyone have a safe day tucked in their prospective bunkers. We had a dusting of snow overnight hardly enough to cover the grass which is just fine with me, for awhile they were guessing a possible 6"-8".

No plans her today just staying put. We had a few menu changes as we sorted through our freezer and finally decided on corned beef, potatoes and cabbage.

I will check out the camera card later it's been a few days. I will be surprised if any turkeys made the movies as it's been very quiet.

Stay safe and healthy :thumbsup:

WS

Offline UFCreel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19255 on: Apr 12, 2020, 08:13 AM »
Happy Easter folks. The court here has ruled. That our county health department. Must release the names of those with this virus to the police. So if they come into contact they can take precautions. Like they should be with every other encounter. This has major implications on HIPAA. Many find it funny that our county and local police cannot ask for any papers. When they come across those that cannot speak any English what so ever. They are protected but citizens medical issues are not. Many are wondering on social media. If the Constitution and Bill of Rights are good anymore? Seems pretty easy to suspend those guarantees in times of crisis. Any way Happy Easter.
Flags up! Bobbers down!

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19256 on: Apr 12, 2020, 08:35 AM »
Happy Easter to every one. I think the  wife has a couple of ham slices for us as we do not need a big ham since it will only be the two of us.

Drifter I think that the fishermen on the east side of the state that were the main reason for no motorized boats. They were not using their heads as they were not practicing distancing as they were fishing with to many on boats. I can not even use a motor on the private lake I live at. The access is through a locked gate. I guess that my toon wild remain covered in the yard for the duration of this.
Your statement about the ice roads being closed made me go looking for a segment of Ice Road Truckers. Those guys and gals driving semis on those icy rough roads and driving across the frozen lakes have my respect.

Capt Jim. I finally got all of the laminate down. I need to get ahold of my cousin to see if the same brand laminate he has been installing in the clean rooms at pharmaceutical manufacturers is that hard to install. My knee is killing me so I did a lot of it laying down.

IW -OS It is wise for your wives to be cautious with their compromised immune systems. Luckily I must have a great immune system. No flu since '61 or a cold since 2010.

I talked to my DIL last night. she has  been put on a furlough from the hospital she works at. With all of the doctors office being shut down the hospital has been slow. She said her future DIL has been off work as a dental hygienist since March 20. Hopefully the wedding scheduled for June 20th does not get postponed.

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #19257 on: Apr 12, 2020, 08:57 AM »
Remember the reason for the season

HAPPY EASTER
Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #19258 on: Apr 12, 2020, 09:44 AM »
Good morning again everyone :bow:

Not much to share from the camera but I found a couple to watch. I think it makes a big difference being all our neighbors are home, the birds are a little wary.

WS

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #19259 on: Apr 12, 2020, 10:42 AM »
Happy Easter Y'all!!!
You lose track of what day it is when you're sitting on the couch every day.   :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Still making ice up here.

Supposed to be up around the freezing point all week though.

Had an unsettling incident on Wednesday leaving work after having to do a couple of small things.
As I crossed the street heading to my car a homeless guy riding a bike down the street coughing his head off rode up to me to beg for money. I told him to get the F away from me!! Scared the living crap out of me.
He may as well have had a gun in his hand. I spent the next 36 hours dealing with severe anxiety. I also decided I'm not going into work anymore until this is all over. I'm seriously thinking of packing up and moving to the cabin until this thing is done.

I'm currently watching game 6 of the 1974 Stanley Cup finals.
Boston V Philly. :)
Weird to see no ads on the boards.  :blink:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.