Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1608522 times)

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #16440 on: Jul 23, 2019, 05:31 AM »

Good morning Eddie, WS, ER's,
                      It's 59* and rain has stopped, I checked out the radar and we are just on the western edge of all the rain. ::)
                      Eddie.........Sorry to hear about the job site drama. :blink: With the rain we got a slow soaking rain no watering will be needed for a while. :flex:
                      Marv..........Enjoy the water time, you must be enjoying this type of weather. :thumbsup:
                      Steve.........The cell booster works just fine, before text messages were hit and miss and no phone at all. Now I can text back and forth with someone
              and can make and receive cell calls.  :clap: It was more for my wife because her son only has a cell phone no landline. :blink:
                      Wally..........That was a lot of cookies to do in that weather. Props to you for doing it. :bow:  We only got 3/4" of rain yesterday. ::)
                      H2L............X2 on the meds recall I hope there aren't any more side effects from them for your wife. ???
                      Today is grand kid day here at the house, we will one extra MW's son will be here along with the other three.
                      I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work or out wetting a line.

IW

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16441 on: Jul 23, 2019, 06:15 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Looks like the rain is supposed to end this morning. Was raining pretty heavy last night.

Ice Wanderer, Sounds like your going to have your hands full today with the grandkids.

Whopper Stopper, Good luck on the water.

Mason Eddie, Thats Good you didn’t get caught up in the drama at work. Amazing how many adults have so much drama in their lives. Hopefully the rain lets up today.

WallyWorld, That’s a lot of cookies and cupcakes. Hopefully the rain clears up and your able to bring the cordwood to the lean 2.

Pup enjoyed the ac. It’s cooled off so we don’t need it at the moment. I hope everyone has a great day and tight lines to those on the water. God Bless.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16442 on: Jul 23, 2019, 06:17 AM »
Good Morning. 62* and cloudy
WW,  nice job on the baking. Good luck with the firewood.

They have recovered the missing swimmer. Prayers with his family.

Eddie, good help must be very hard to find these days. I was very active in the union and the last 4/5 years was spent trying to keep people on the pay-roll that didn't want to work. One of the reasons I retired when I did.

The wife contacted NYC and also, the health service that provided the meds. Made them aware of the Lot #"s that was listed on recall/alert.

Have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16443 on: Jul 23, 2019, 06:36 AM »
Morning all,

H2L....fingers crossed MrsH2 doesn't have any further issues from the bad meds  :-\

Eddie.....I always found the same to be true, late to start, late to finish  :woot:  glad you were able to stay out of the drama, work is not the place for it  :nono:

WS......best of luck on the water, enjoy the therapy session  ;)2

IW.....have fun with the grandkids today  :thumbsup:  nice the rain stopped so they can get outside  ;)

MrC.....love watching fawns explore their world  :clap:  hope you get to see more of them  ;)

IF45.....enjoy the cooler weather while it lasts  :whistle:

TT.....hope you find the time to hit the water while the temps are cooler  ;)

Looks like just over an inch of rain in the rain gauge this morning.....no water hose needed for a couple days  :woot:  think a trip to fishing camp to mow might be on tap today, sure would be nice to find time to actually stay there a night or two before winter returns  ::) :roflmao: 

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16444 on: Jul 23, 2019, 07:35 AM »
Wonderful 50* with a 48* dew point this morning. Actually got down to 70* in the house over night with out running the fans.

I finaly got the lawn mowed yesterday. I was not going to do it until Les showed up. Sadly he will be leaving tomorrow. Just as I finished the wife came out all shook up. My grandson was stopping in and she wanted to sit on the bavk eck that had no been cleaned of the leaves from the storm yet. She was trying to sweep it off. I got the leaf blower out and had it done just as he arrived.

It was good to see him as it has been since Christmas since he was here. It took him a while to get tranfered with the National Guard to Michigan from Iowa with out losing his recent promotion. I figured out why he was tryiing to get tranfered as he had a nice young lady with him. They have known each other for a long time and must have reconected on line. She had flown to MN to help him get packed to move home.

ww Baking all of those cookies in the heat for the kids just proves what you are made of. Your talking about runnning in the sprinkler reminded me of when I was watering the flower garden by the road last week. Two young girls came by on their bikes and I asked them if they wanted me to cool them off with the hose. When their dad came along I told him that is why they stopped. He told me that I should have sprayed them.

The news just reported that another life was lost to a rip current on Lake Michigan. He was the only one out of 8 that could not be rescued by near by people that got caught in the same rip current. Two more drowings were reported in this side of the state yesterday.

The guesser just said that LES should be around the rest of the week. That was good to here as I am taking out the garden tub in our bathroom to put in a different shower that is more acesssable when the wife has her knee replaced in mid September.

edie It is sad that adults can act like kids. Maybe they will think twice before acting like that after getting fired. That is why I ended up being self employed. If I got in an argumeent with my self I always won. At the last company I worked for I got stuck with a 29 year old that acted like he was 12. Two years of working with him was all I could take so I quit.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #16445 on: Jul 23, 2019, 02:41 PM »
Good afternoon everyone :bow:

What a beautiful day :thumbsup: It sounds like Les will be around for a couple more days before his ugly cousin rears his face again.

I spent most of the morning on a metro lake on the outskirts of the jungle ??? I was the only one fishing for the better part of 3 hours before the masses came rolling in. An outfitter showed up with a huge trailer full of canoes. I can't say as I've seen anything like it before, they must have been some kind of a cargo canoe. Shortly after two had guys had unloaded 8 canoes, a couple buses full of kids showed up. I wish I would have been closer but each canoe had 12 people in them all paddling. They looked like they were 30' long but hard to tell. One thing for sure all the kids sounded like they were having a blast, guess that's all that counts.

I had only been fishing for about 45 minutes when a small musky followed my bucktail in. My intention was to reel it in fast and lift the bait out of the water before the fish bit being it was so small. I wasn't fast enough and it clamped on and made about 3 jumps before I got it in the net. The bait came out in the net which is always nice, being I caught it I snapped a quick picture of it.

About an hour later I had one come from under the boat and take a stab at the bucktail. That one was knocking on 40" and made a heck of a boil on the surface, enough that I jumped when it missed the bait. I went around and around but it never came back, I certainly would have traded it for the 30 incher. I am going to go down there again tomorrow maybe just a little earlier and see if I can raise another one.

Pretty quiet at the cameras yesterday. Last night I set my box trap out and caught a coon. I was after the opossum but it didn't want the sardines in mustard sauce. The coon was up for the meal and I was hoping for a good video, but that didn't happen. It went from circling the cage to being caught, without the drama of seeing it enter. It it now living on the outskirts of the jungle ;D

Times are tough but I will post this for 45.

Hope you all have a nice afternoon-evening :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16446 on: Jul 23, 2019, 05:00 PM »
WS......that's a beauty, congrats  :clap:  good luck finding a keeper tomorrow   ;)2

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #16447 on: Jul 23, 2019, 05:15 PM »
Thanks WW.

A keeper is 55" so I will keep throwing but it's a tough order to fill.

WS

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16448 on: Jul 23, 2019, 09:56 PM »
Boss tells me only 2 other clerks had more sales than I have in all of Camping World.  Sheeze no wonder I am tired.
Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #16449 on: Jul 24, 2019, 02:34 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Happy Hump Day!  ;D
  58* this am and it feels great, high of 78 today with lots of sunshine.

Bud...congrats on being a top salesman at the new store, that’s  awesome!   :bow:
  Marv...thanks for sharing the picture and your trip, what a good looking fish! Hope today’s trip finds you battling some of those big ones....good luck Sir!   :thumbsup: :clap:
  Tom... hope you had a wonderful visit with your grandson and his girlfriend...might be wedding bells ringing soon?   :thumbsup:
  Wally...local news reported 2” of rain for most of our area, 3” in some places. Looking like nice weather for a few days, any fishing trips planned? 
  H2...the sad part about the guys that got canned is that they were all good workers, just foolish in the way they handled their differences. Good luck today if you’re heading out for those walleyes!   :thumbsup:
  I-45... hope you’re feeling better today Sir, any word from the lawyers yet on your case?   :thumbsup:
  Jeff... hope you had a great day with all the grandkids yesterday, it’s got to be challenging sometimes on how to keep them all occupied.  ;D. How’s your wife’s garden coming along?

We had rain for about the first half of our day yesterday, no marble work done other than getting all of the cuts made and getting all our stock ready for the grand finale. Management wants us wrapped up by Friday, that shouldn’t be a problem.
  A beautiful day coming today....would much rather spend it casting for Muskys with Marv than laying 130lb. pieces of marble, lol.  On that note....Cawfee’s on!
  Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #16450 on: Jul 24, 2019, 04:06 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                          It's 58* here on my hill as well, a lot better than the weekend temps. ::)
                          Eddie.......I'm sure you and the crew will be happy not to have to deal with those slabs for a while, what's next? ???
                          Bud.........You're the man, top salesman in your store, now is the time to ask for a raise. :blink:
                          Marv........That's a nice clean looking fish, good job, I hope you get your keeper today. :flex:
                          Wally.......The sun came out around 9 am yesterday and warmed up nicely, so the grand kids went in the pool, they played Red light Green light
                 then some Boccie Ball. Kept them out all day. :thumbsup:
                          I-45.........I hope the headaches are not too bad now. ???
                          Tom.........The grandson bringing a young lady to meet the grandparents means something is serious going on. :whistle:
                          H2L..........I had heard that they had located the the drowned man but did not specify his age. Condolences to his family. :(
                           Not much going on today, I have some shopping to do for the visit from my niece and nephew coming tomorrow.
                           I hope everyone has a good Wednesday, Hump Day either at work or casting out for the big ones.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #16451 on: Jul 24, 2019, 04:52 AM »
Good morning Eddie,IW! Good morning everyone :bow:

67 with a high of 85 with light winds.

Eddie how is your back holding up ??? I don't think I would make it very long throwing 130 pound blocks around. Hope you and the crew have a good Hump day Sir! :thumbsup:

IW sounds like a fun time yesterday :thumbsup:

Bud Congrats on the sales  :thumbsup:

WW did you make it to fishing camp yesterday?

Not sure if I will be able to check the cards today. I am off to the lake for 3-4 hours and then I have a bigger tree job to do up north. There are about 4 trees that are hung up and the home owner wants them on the ground, with travel time, it will be a long day.

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: stay safe.

WS

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16452 on: Jul 24, 2019, 06:23 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, 62* this morning. Hard to believe 4 days ago it was brutally hot outside. Prayers for the people on the cape after the Tornado hit them yesterday. Headache is still bad. Still have a feeling of a needle in my right eye which is droopy after the Botox. My wife heard from the lawyer. He got the report from the court appointed Dr. waiting for a date where he sits down with the other lawyer and judge to see if it goes to court or settled.

Whopper Stopper, Thank you for posting those videos. Hope you get a keeper today. Are you fishing from a kayak? Hopefully your tree job isn’t to bad.

IFF, Congratulations on being a top salesman. Do you make commission?

Ice Wanderer, That’s great the grandkids stay out and play. To many kids today are to busy on video games and never go outside.

Mason Eddie, You must have a sore back by the end of the day.

I hope everyone has a great and a safe day. Tight lines to those on the water. God Bless
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16453 on: Jul 24, 2019, 06:25 AM »
55* and sunny this morning.
WS, hope you get a shot at a 55 incher. That would have to be ONE big fish. I have seen only 2 pike over 50, either were on my line.
IW, the person that drown was in his mid 30's, from Saratoga.
Eddie, I am sure they will find something for you to do when this project is done. It has to be nice working in this weather after what we had last week.

No fishing today (DRS.appt), but I will be out on Thursday. Lake was very quiet yesterday. Wife is planning garage sale this weekend. Wants to get enough to paint living room and have a couple cracked tiles in kitchen replaced.

Have a good day. "Is someone baking today, I thought I smelled cookies?"....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16454 on: Jul 24, 2019, 07:03 AM »
Morning all,

WS....good luck on the water and the tree job, go easy on the knee and back  ;)

IFF.....congrats on the sales!!! definitely time for a raise ;)

Eddie....no fishing plans as of now, but it won’t be too long i’m sure  :)  bet you’re all ready for a change of pace at work something a little lighter maybe  @)

IW....sounds like a great day yesterday, bet everyone slept well last night  ;D

H2L...you have a good nose  ;D hope the doctor ‘s appointment goes well  ;)

We did get camp mowed yesterday, still haven’t made the run to mow hunting camp. That will be an all day project one of these days. Cookies on the agenda today. At least it’s about 20* cooler than Saturday was  @)

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #16455 on: Jul 24, 2019, 11:46 AM »
Good day heading to the low eighties for today's high temperature sunny blue sky with a few clouds and light breeze currently a welcome change from last week.
Eddie may you have good weather and complete marble work so management is happy. Sorry to hear about some of your coworkers loosing their jobs.
Whopper Stopper nice photo may yu catch a bigger musky today. All the best with tree job assume damage is from last week's storms.
Ice Wanderer glad the cell phone signal booster is working. Safe travels to your nephew and niece have a great time tomorrow .
Icefisher-45 Good to read their is movement on your case. Sorry you still have headache and maybe  side effect from the Botox.
Hunts2long  smart move by your wife on contacting her NYC doctors and medicine supplier about the recall/alert and giving them the lot numbers. I would think there is some system in place where they would also receive the info. on recall but better to inform them just in case they did not get the info. Best to you with tomorrow's fishing. May all go weel with the garage sale.
Wallyworld thankfully you have better weather for this round of baking. May the two of you find some free time to spend at your fish camp.
IFF congratulations on the high sales hope you receive some type of reward for your hard work.
Tom Turkey glad you had a good visit with your grandson. All the best to him with his lady friend and transfer.

May everyone have a pleasant and safe day .Best to all fishing.
Steve

Offline Tom1983

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16456 on: Jul 24, 2019, 03:24 PM »
Is it time for ice yet? ???

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #16457 on: Jul 24, 2019, 04:24 PM »
Good afternoon-evening  everyone :bow:

Greetings Tom1983.  No it's not time for ice yet but feel free to pull up a chair and wait with us here at the 9:45, hope you stick around :thumbsup:

45 I am fishing out of my old boat. I fish bass out of the kayak but have no interest musky fishing out of it.

I made it to the lake this morning as planned but I didn't even see one musky. I did see something that was very pretty however......

I was on the road heading north at 9am. The trees went better than expected, thanks in part to the farmer I was working for and his John Deere 70. It's always nice when someone allows you to scope out the job, devise a plan, and helps you execute it. Too often customers try to tell you how to do it, and they don't realize certain principles, like gravity ??? When I finished the the last tree I was invited in for some coffee and a big piece of cherry pie. Other than the no fish part it was a near perfect day.

I checked the cards and came up with a couple videos to share. I included one short one of two coyotes that are hanging around, It's unbelievable how there are any turkeys around with all the pressure they have to put up with

Hope you all have an excellent afternoon-evening. Tomorrow the s-i-l and I are heading someplace to fish, although it is supposed to be windy again with sticky dew points :%$#!:

WS

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #16458 on: Jul 24, 2019, 06:11 PM »
Marv, those poults are getting bigger on all that cracked corn you're putting out!!  :clap: :thumbsup: :flex: :whistle:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #16459 on: Jul 24, 2019, 07:08 PM »
Good evening dropped by to see if Whopper Stopper might have posted some game camera footage. Thank you WS for posting new footage may the coyotes not become a problem. Nice that the home owner helped with the tree job and you got to enjoy a slice of pie afterwards.
OldSailor how are things out your way hope you are also having a break from last week's heat and humidity.
Tom 1983 welcome to Ice Shanty and the 9:45 thread. If you follow this thread and like what you read feel free to join in the posting. May I ask a favor of you please update your profile with your basic location it helps members when responding to any questions you may ask also interesting to see where different members are located.

Have a good evening folks.
Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #16460 on: Jul 25, 2019, 02:31 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Another comfortable start to the day, clear skies 59* this am, high of 80 today.

Steve...yes, it was unfortunate the guys lost their jobs. One position was filled yesterday, might have another starting today.
  Marv...sorry the Musky’s didn’t want to play yesterday, beautiful sunrise on the water! Glad the tree job went well and you had some good help from the owner and his tractor, awesome! Thanks for sharing the pictures and videos, great stuff!    :clap:  :thumbsup:  My back is holding up ok, the knees are getting a little sore.... ;D
  Tom1983...welcome to IceShanty and the 9:45!   :thumbsup:
  Wally...I’m certain those cookies put a smile on everyone face again, great job!!   :bow: 
  H2...hope everything went well at the Dr.’s, best of luck with the morning bite today, hope you find those walleyes eager to bite!    :thumbsup:
  I-45...sounds like the ball is rolling now with the Comp case, sure hope it goes your way....best of luck with some good news soon....you deserve it!   :clap:  :thumbsup:
  Jeff... hope you have a great time with your niece and nephew today!  :thumbsup:  Understand we have an emergency terrazzo job to start on Monday, 4am start again with the hammer crew, lol.

We had a great day yesterday, weather was absolutely beautiful and the finish line will be crossed this morning....believe there’s only 24 stones to go, hurray!!   ;D.  We should have about an additional 50 stones left from our 1500 this season, so at some point we will use them up here and there replacing some real bad ones.
  That time again....Cawfee’s on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16461 on: Jul 25, 2019, 04:31 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Looks like it’s going to be a nice day today. My wife is home today. Going for my second acupuncture appointment this morning. Hoping i’ll feel better soon so I can go fishing.

Mason Eddie, They seem to have filled those positions quickly. Hopefully you’ll have a long weekend before your next job.

Tom 1983, Welcome to the Shanty and to the 9:45. A lot of great people here.

Whopper Stopper, Sounds like your day turned around. Nothing better then good cherry pie. It is amazing how when your doing something the experts come out of the woodwork. Thank you for sharing those pics of yesterday’s sunrise. Good luck today on the water with your sil.

Ice Wanderer, Have a great day with your niece and nephew today.

WallyWorld, How did the cookies turn out?

Hunts2long, Hope the Doctors appointment went well. Good luck on the water today. Hope your wife is feeling better. My wife loves yard sales and has sold a few things on Facebook Market Place.

I hope everyone has a great day and a safe one. Tight lines to those on the water. God Bless
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #16462 on: Jul 25, 2019, 05:12 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

Just a quick Good Morning! We are off to the lake. South winds at 15-25mph will make for some rough water.

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #16463 on: Jul 25, 2019, 05:50 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                         It's 57* and clear here on my hill, a great day is ahead. ::)
                         Welcome Tom 1983 to the 9:45 crew, we hope you continue to meet with us every morning. :thumbsup:
                         Marv..........Sorry you didn't get another fish of 10,000 cast. How many more before you get one. lol :roflmao: Great videos, those poults are                       
                getting bigger with your help. :flex:
                         H2l............Thanks for the info, I did hear more about it on the radio yesterday. :blink: Hope you are going to get out on the lake today. :thumbsup:
                         Eddie.........OH NO, not more terrazzo I hope it's only a few pieces.  :roflmao:
                         I-45...........I hope there is some relief from the procedure today.  :thumbsup:
                         Busy morning ahead, I have to make a Macaroni salad, mow the lawn after the morning dew dries, then get some folding tables fro #2 son's.
                         I hope everyone has a good day either at work or out casting a line.

IW

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16464 on: Jul 25, 2019, 07:44 AM »
Another nice cool start to the day at 55* with Les still around. There is a haze again from the Canadian wild fires. I saw that there were 22 drownings on Lake Michigan so far this summer. The biggest number were in the Chicago area.

Tom 1983 Welcome aboard the 9:45 thread. You will find a great group on this thread. As I keep saying Ice Shanty is the best site on the internet. It is full of caring people that are willing to share information with others.

Marv I am sure that if was nice to have the farmers help with the trees. With him being a farmer it is not suprizing. I could go for a good piece of my mothers cherry pie. The last time I was over to the other place the cherry crop looked pretty slim due to the cool temps while they were in bloom so the bees were not working. The apple crop is also slim. My sons bees did not made much honey when the fruit trees were in bloom due to the cold.
I still have some coyote traps if you want to get rid of them.

I pulled the garden tub out of the bathroom on Tuesday. What a fiasco on how it was put in. Who ever put it in put a bunch of junk under it instead of taking it to a dumpster. I am going to take out a lot  of the floor out to plumb the new shower so I will only have to under the place to make one conection. I am glad I have until mid September to get it done. We will be with out a sink in the bathroom until I get it done and can pull the original shower.

Yesteday was the funeral for the wife's BIL. At 6' 10" he was described as a gentle giant which he was. He took on raising the kids of the wifes sister. He did a great job.

Time to start pulling the floor out of the bathroom.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #16465 on: Jul 25, 2019, 08:20 AM »
Good morning in the low seventies currently heading to a high of 82 if the folks at Weather Underground are correct with their forecast. I did not see the deer feeding this morning they may still be around there is a buffer of woods on western border of my condo complex possible they are feeding among the foliage and not visible.
Eddie may the new hires fit in with your crew and be good workers seems like you can not get away from the terrazzo. ::) :whistle:
Icefisher-45 may you see some benefit from today's acupuncture session.
Hunts2long hope all went well at the doctors. Good luck with the walleyes today.
Whopper Stopper have a good day on the water with your SIl may you get that 55 inch musky. How is your wife doing with her eye problem.
Ice Wanderer may you get everything done before your nephew and niece arrive have a great day with them,how far did they travel to see you.
Tom Turkey sounds like you have your hands full with the bathroom work. May your son's bees find enough food to produce honey so the hive/hives survive through next Winter.

A safe and good Thursday to everyone. Best to all casting a line.
 Steve

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16466 on: Jul 25, 2019, 03:12 PM »
Had 53* this morning.
Doctor gave me an OK. Lost another 6lbs. he was pleased.
Another tough day on the lake. Only 1 walleye but I did catch 2 SMB. The first of the year. Both put on a good show. Got rained on and then a t-storm so I headed in.
Have a good evening....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #16467 on: Jul 25, 2019, 03:14 PM »
Good afternoon everyone :bow:

mr.clean great timing on the question about my wife and here eye. This morning she had her second appointment with the eye specialist. She was put on some pills and and a different drop last week. From day one she has a a tough time of it. The pills made her very tired and gave her severe indigestion. She was actually going across the hall at her work and taking a 40 minute nap everyday, then even after 10 Tums daily she would get sick 3-4 times at her work, and sick at home. Her eye pressure had elevated to 60 which they were concerned when it was at 40. Today after putting up with all the side effects her pressure was a perfect 20. The bad news is the pills can only be taken for a max of 2 weeks, so now they gave her a different drop and a different pill that isn't as harsh as the first, they also gave her something to replace the Tums.

The fishing conditions today were pretty rough, the white caps were going  when we arrived at day break. The wind was gusting at 25 and needless to say it was a time getting the boat oared out to where I wanted to go. About an hour into things just as I reeled my Musky Frenzy bucktail to the boat a decent musky took a chomp at it. Near Is I could tell it was an upper 40's fish, luckily the s-i-l was watching when it happened so I at least had a witness ;D That was the excitement of the day. Tomorrow the winds drop a little but thunderstorms  are in the offering so we will wait to see what morning brings. If at all possible I would like to find myself on a particular point come daylight, but only if there isn't an lightening.

When I got home I checked the cards. TT this spring we had 55 turkey hens visiting right up until the Tom showed. Of all the hens we only have the one with 5 poults coming, any idea what that's all about ???

Bud may have a trapping job for you if interested.

Hope you all have an excellent afternoon :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16468 on: Jul 25, 2019, 04:34 PM »
Evening all,

WS.....so glad to hear the new meds are working for MrsWS  :thumbsup:  sorry to hear they're taking such a toll on her physically  :(  hope the new ones work as well w/o all the nasty side effects  ;)  good luck if you hit the water in the a.m.  ;D  those coons are so cute   :clap:  haven't seen any turkeys here in awhile, the hen with the little ones was only here the one time, watched her take them across the road haven't seen them since  :-\

IW....your morning must have flown by   :flex:  hope you had a nice visit with your niece and nephew  :)

Eddie....fingers crossed the newbies pick up the rhythm of the job quickly  :flex:

H2L....congrats on the weight loss and good report  :thumbsup: :bow:  sorry the fishing wasn't better, but at least you got out again  ;)2

IF45.....hope the acupuncture works better for you this time around  :-\ 

TT......sounds like you have your work cut out for you with that bathroom redo  :o  easy does it sir  ;)

MrC.....hope you're enjoying the cooler less humid temps of late  :thumbsup:

Got a late start on baking yesterday as we decided to move the firewood first thing, hauled and stacked about 12 face cord before lunch  :flex: found 2 snakes in the wood piles in the grass  :o  grabbed a quick lunch then got the lawn mowed here at home  :thumbsup:  by then it was almost time for supper   ::)  threw a couple pans of brownies in the oven, made a couple salads for our supper, did up two pans of bar cookies and called it a day  :clap:  back at the oven this morning to finish up so all the goodies would be ready for tonight's cookout  @)  needless to say I'm a wee bit tired about now   ;D

Have a good rest of the night. Stay safe.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #16469 on: Jul 25, 2019, 08:51 PM »
Good evening ,hope everyone had a good day. Whopper Stopper good to read the new pill lowered pressure in your wife's eye sorry it has such harsh side effects to her body. May the next pill and drops keep he eye pressure within acceptable levels and be gentler to her body. I give you credit for fishing in the windy conditions does not make for an easy trip. Thanks for today's game camera videos.
Wallyworld may tomorrow be a less hectic day good to read you moved the firewood. I think you deserve a meal out or at least a trip for ice cream to reward you for all of the baking.
One doe was back feeding earlier this evening did not see any fawns with her any of you know how long the does stash/hide their fawns . I'm guessing the ones I saw the other day are 2 to 3 months old so maybe they are still not with their mothers all of the time.

Have a good night.
 Steve

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.