The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Ocean Update  (Read 1180 times)

Offline Ocean Eyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
Ocean Update
« on: Dec 28, 2006, 09:21 PM »
Fished Ocean all day Wednesday, caught three nice and very fat perch.  Fished off Goose knob in about 4' to 10' of water.  Ice was 6" to 7" thick.  There's a bad pressure ridge out there,so beware. We planned on fishing all night, but Mr. Game warden made us pull all tip-ups at 5pm.  He said we weren't within 300 yards of them. We were about 400 yards and had someone always out there.  Rules are Rules.  I wasn't in the mood to drill and reset at 5pm, so we packed it up and went home.  Had a Great day on the ice until 5pm.  Later KR

Offline Mooter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hey Smitty, Lets fish it! Jigmaster5000's oarman
Re: Ocean Update
« Reply #1 on: Dec 29, 2006, 09:23 AM »
Thanks for the update Ocean Eyes
I heading over there this morning and hope to get on some good greenies. 

In pursuit of meat without feet!!!!

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "Need larger flamethrower, you will...!"
« Reply #2 on: Dec 30, 2006, 09:06 AM »
I went over and set up yesterday on the NE end...lots of camper-trailers and probably will be until after New Years. Guy there told me he'd had his tipups out since 2 pm, no fish. I got one good wally around 7pm...nothin else.

Offline Mooter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hey Smitty, Lets fish it! Jigmaster5000's oarman
« Reply #3 on: Jan 02, 2007, 03:14 PM »
I went over and set up yesterday on the NE end...lots of camper-trailers and probably will be until after New Years. Guy there told me he'd had his tipups out since 2 pm, no fish. I got one good wally around 7pm...nothin else.

Thanks for the update.  We fished Friday night thru Sunday afternoon on the south end of Long Point.  1 wally and 12 perch.  There were 5 of us.  Pretty crappy fishing for 30 lines.  I had a good one on at about 10 p.m. on Saturday night but the bugger got off.  We are going to Boysen at the end of the month for the tourney.

In pursuit of meat without feet!!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.