The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: COONEY TROUT PICKING UP  (Read 814 times)

Offline scotty2hotty

• IceShanty Rookie
  • FISHING BUDDY
COONEY TROUT PICKING UP
« on: Jan 13, 2009, 09:52 AM »
  The boy and I were up at Conney all weekend test driving are home made automatic fisherman and managed to ice 8 nice trout was wondering if others did any good.
htt

Offline Riverb8

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: COONEY TROUT PICKING UP
« Reply #1 on: Jan 13, 2009, 02:00 PM »
Went out Sunday Morning for a few hours.  Only had one bite and marked very few fish.  The weather was nice though and it was a great day to be on the ice.

Cooney seems to be hit and miss for me.  Any one else have any luck catching fish there consistently?

Offline deadeyerik

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 13, 2009, 09:24 PM »
I was there all day Friday and had one bite. I seen four fish on the ice.

Deadeye

Offline chucknduck

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 13, 2009, 09:29 PM »
been there 4 times and had 2 bites and missed them both.  only seen 3 fish caught.  the bites seem to be really suttle.  you have to be right on top of them.  I caught the hell out of them last year.  limited out in a couple hours every time.  I think that all the pressure durring the summer cuts the trout population down by winter or maybey im just unlucky.   

Offline lingslayer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 14, 2009, 12:17 AM »
I fished Friday morning from 8:30 till 12:30 off of the redlodge creek campground and did'nt get a bite all day.I usually fishthe fishermans point side and usually at least get bites,but the ice around the edge was melted away and noone else was fishing on that side.I hope we get another cold snap soon or it may be a short ice season. :( >:(

Offline Rio252

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 14, 2009, 01:55 AM »
went Sun-Mon. and did VERY well in the cottonwood camp area. Between two of us on Sun. we landed 8 and lost around 10. Mon. I took home 3 and lost around 6. Very nice fish 2-3 lb. Fished in 7-10 ft. of water about 30 yards from shore. Orange and green jigs worked well tipped with wax worms. The shore line was starting to open up but managed to get on the main ice :-\
NCarcr8

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.