The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Canyon Ferry Perch Tourney: Ice Shanty - Team Montana who's gonna be there?  (Read 2018 times)

Offline Neptune

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "The Kokanee Killers"
Like the subject line says, who's gonna be there?

I'm coming over from CFalls that weekend to fish with PerchHogSlayer and how many of my other Team Montana Ice Shanty Brothers/Sisters???

If we can get enough people together we can fish the team competition on Sunday as well...

Offline cutbow_07

• Team IceShanty Regular
I've been thinking about it but not too sure.  Can you use flashers in the tourney or not?  I havent looked at the rules and am merely curious.  Im hoping of going to CF this weekend but I havent heard anything in the realm of ice thickness.

Offline fishinwithbrittanies

• Team IceShanty Addict
pretty sure I'll be there
Its better to have hooked and lost than to have never hooked at all - J.B.

*WARNING*  This man fishes with dogs off leash

Offline icechick

• Team IceShanty Regular
I think my husband and I will be and have a team for Sunday  ;D

Offline NONYA

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Smak em and stackem!
Ill be there for both events,defending my title from last year on Sat and fishing the team event on Sun for the first time.Does anyone know the when and where to preregister for the team event?

Offline Neptune

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "The Kokanee Killers"
We should plan a meet up spot on Saturday some time, I'd like to meet all of you!

Offline Dinga LING

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • <
Count me in.  I may bring a friend.  What days is the tourney?

Give a man a fish,  he eats for a day.
Teach a man to fish,  he sits all day on the ice drinking beer.

Offline perchhogslayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • waiting for the bite
Tourney is Jan 24th and 25th.  24th is individual day, 25th is team day.  $5/person on 24th,  $50 for team of 4 on Sunday.  Team of 4 means 3 are fishing while 1 is "observing" another team and someone else is "observing" your team.  Contact person is Mike Colbert 266-5790.  24th-Tourney is from 7am-2pm,  25th tourney is from 8am-11:30a.m.  Apparently the number of participants is expected to be around 300?  Thats the full extent of anything posted on the FWP site or elsewhere on the net.  If anyone finds out any other info, especially about the team day,  let me know.   ;)

I'd be up for meeting somewhere Saturday after the tourney 2:30-3??? for a little while.  Silos Bar and Grill is a pretty popular spot? I think as the tourney is wrapping up, the bait shop/gas station is PACKED with people.

An Ice Fisherman is a man who spends cold days sitting on the ice doing nothing because his wife won't let him do it at home.

Offline icechick

• Team IceShanty Regular
Neptune I think that is a great idea and could be alot of fun.

Offline deadeyerik

• IceShanty Rookie
The wife and I are going to be there from Columbus. And we have another couple coming from Helena to meet us. Is anyone interested in getting together on the ice and fishing together? The more the merryer as far as I'm conserned.

Deadeye

Offline Quantoson

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • no fish is too big
I was thinking of it.  Is there a place to park a motor home or is it better to tent camp?  I'm serious about the tent camping too. 
Four people to a team on Sunday, wow I don't know 4 people that would agree to go.  I have never fished Canyon Ferry before so I would definitely be at a disadvantage.

If I read the fishing regulations right, the perch limit is 15.
wish you many hook-ups

Offline perchhogslayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • waiting for the bite
Last year during the tourney a guy parked right next to us in a full size motor home... on the ice... made me more then a little nervous. 

Neptune from Columbia falls will be coming down and fishing with me Sat and Sun.  We are in need of an "observer" we can have 2 more people on our sunday team, but need 1 to be an observer?  Any couples out there interested in teaming up with us, or singles??

An Ice Fisherman is a man who spends cold days sitting on the ice doing nothing because his wife won't let him do it at home.

Offline Quantoson

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • no fish is too big
Last year during the tourney a guy parked right next to us in a full size motor home... on the ice... made me more then a little nervous.

Motor Home on Ice?????   How did he even get traction?  That would make me nervous as well. :%$#!:
wish you many hook-ups

Offline i c

• Team IceShanty Regular
so an observer just goes and watches another team

Offline perchhogslayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • waiting for the bite
I think thats the way it works? I didn't do the team day last year for that reason, couldn't find an observer.

Offline i c

• Team IceShanty Regular
i wouldnt mind being an observer might learn something,hopefully i get to observe a team who catches fish cause ive already got that sitting on the ice figured out :laugh: how soon does anyone need to know for sure?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.