The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Helena Heat Wave -- Ice Report  (Read 1580 times)

Offline perchhogslayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • waiting for the bite
Helena Heat Wave -- Ice Report
« on: Jan 16, 2009, 09:44 AM »
I know the heat wave is probably over the whole state, but ice is really getting hammered over here.  Just wondering if there's anywhere left to fish around Helena as of yesterday/today.  Last weekend ice was still ok, but I heard reports that the shoreline is open around CF.  Any news?

An Ice Fisherman is a man who spends cold days sitting on the ice doing nothing because his wife won't let him do it at home.

Offline SummerSucks

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Helena Heat Wave -- Ice Report
« Reply #1 on: Jan 16, 2009, 11:13 AM »
I went to cf last night and the ice was fine.  there were still people driving out to the pressure ride in vehicals.  So im sure your safe there couldn't tell you about anything else

Offline perchhogslayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • waiting for the bite
« Reply #2 on: Jan 16, 2009, 11:31 AM »
I went to cf last night and the ice was fine.  there were still people driving out to the pressure ride in vehicals.  So im sure your safe there couldn't tell you about anything else
did ya catch anything?

An Ice Fisherman is a man who spends cold days sitting on the ice doing nothing because his wife won't let him do it at home.

Offline icechick

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 16, 2009, 11:33 AM »
I just called the Silos and this a huge rumor they said that the ice as of right now is holding up just fine.

Offline Neptune

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "The Kokanee Killers"
« Reply #4 on: Jan 16, 2009, 12:04 PM »
I just called the Silos and this a huge rumor they said that the ice as of right now is holding up just fine.

Hey boys we know who to SICK on this kind of Krap in the future!!  ICECHICK gets on the horn and puts the rumors in the ground..

Thanks IceChick!!!

Offline perchhogslayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • waiting for the bite
« Reply #5 on: Jan 16, 2009, 12:21 PM »
28 in C Falls right now?  GEEZe, send some of that our way.  How is it so cold everywhere right now, but so Hot in MT?  and no signs of change. 

Offline Ice Freek

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 16, 2009, 12:28 PM »
Does this weather make anyone else kinda sad? I hope the shorelines hold up for everyone. I guess the good thing about the warm weather is the drifts might go away a little bit! Is there anyone talking about a Mt. get together for this season?

Offline icechick

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 16, 2009, 12:32 PM »
Thanks Neptune I have the Silos on speed dial for days like today.  ;D

The one thing they did say was watch the last ramp on the west. The Ice is a little soft there but it has been for a couple of weeks. This is due to the lake dropping and not the weather. Although by monday we may see a few more problems but I hope not.

Offline Neptune

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "The Kokanee Killers"
« Reply #8 on: Jan 16, 2009, 03:02 PM »
its in the teens at night and mid to high 20's  on this side of the divide for the next week...wierd that the east side is warmer...thats not normal!

Offline SummerSucks

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 16, 2009, 03:51 PM »
did ya catch anything?
I caught 2 walley one way decent I was at confederate

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.