The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: nevada creek  (Read 1235 times)

Offline all4elk

• IceShanty Rookie
nevada creek
« on: Jan 15, 2009, 07:48 PM »
was just wondering how the ice and fishing been up there.Was thinking of heading that way this weekend.

Offline i c

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: nevada creek
« Reply #1 on: Jan 15, 2009, 09:38 PM »
i was up there monday the ice is as deep as my auger,have to go through about boot deep water at the shore line like usual but once you get on the ice it is thick, i got skunked but hopefully you will do better please let me know.

Offline SummerSucks

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 15, 2009, 10:06 PM »
I went on monday and you had to get both legs wet to get to the thick ice.  We did alright, about 15 perch nothing huge biggest was aroud 10 inches.  The shinners make my vexilar go insane.  but good luck

Offline i c

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 16, 2009, 04:36 PM »
hey summer sucks were you in one of the icehouses over by the dam on that little point?

Offline SummerSucks

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 16, 2009, 06:01 PM »
hey summer sucks were you in one of the icehouses over by the dam on that little point?
yep I was in the clam (blue one)  were you there or just driving bye

Offline i c

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 16, 2009, 06:29 PM »
i was there i walked out with just a bucket and auger didnt bring the ice house,went over by the dam then way the other direction then after you left came and stole your spot but didnt catch anything all day ,and was wondering why my vexilar was gooing nuts didnt realize it was the bait fish.wish i would have known it was someone from on here i would have come over and said hi.also when i got off the ice i walked straight over to the dam and didnt get wet at all.

Offline SummerSucks

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 16, 2009, 08:13 PM »
I have never had good luck with my vex there compared to CF its still nice to have but those shinners will clog up a good ten feet of the water colum.  I did pull two perch out of that mess though they must have been feeding on the bait fish.  your a brave man going oout at the dam  it is at a 1:1 slope so just be carful

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.