Author Topic: Strawberry access  (Read 892 times)

Offline MikeSJ

• Team IceShanty Regular
Strawberry access
« on: Nov 09, 2017, 08:27 AM »
I haven't iced fished the Berry since the '80's and was thinking of making a trip over there this year. ::)  My question is....how is the access if you are on foot.    Don't have a sled or quad.  I'm retired and in my 60's but in good enough shape to walk a ways ;D

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
Re: Strawberry access
« Reply #1 on: Nov 09, 2017, 09:06 AM »
There is plenty of access on foot you have the Marina, chicken creek, ladders, a lot of the place you can walk and fish. Check here on the 1st page of the R&C for the berry. Some places are closed in winter

https://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=228000.msg2285676#msg2285676

Offline dubob

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Life is good!
« Reply #2 on: Nov 09, 2017, 09:30 AM »
I haven't iced fished the Berry since the '80's and was thinking of making a trip over there this year. ::)  My question is....how is the access if you are on foot.    Don't have a sled or quad.  I'm retired and in my 60's but in good enough shape to walk a ways ;D
Mike,

The road to the Strawberry Bay Marina and its parking lot is kept plowed all winter long and lots of folks walk out from there every day.  And the other places mentioned above are plowed and open to walk on as well.  Just follow the crowds and you should do okay.
:thumbsup:
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I’m 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
“Free men don't ask permission to bear arms.” ― Glen Aldrich
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don’t mind.” ― Dr. Seuss

Offline MikeSJ

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 09, 2017, 09:59 AM »
Thanks guys.  The only spot I ever fished there was right off Hwy 40 at the bay.  I was fortunate enough to own an ice auger back when UT started year round fishing (forgot the year) Had that spot pretty much to ourselves for the whole winter.  Caught a mixed bag of cutts, bows and brookies.  Thanks again for the info.

Offline WYIfish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fishing a sport, or just reason to buy stuff?
« Reply #4 on: Nov 09, 2017, 08:00 PM »
   Don't have a sled

2 kid orange plastic "tobogan" is around $15 or $20  and will hold a surprising amount of stuff.   Be nice to all ATV operators and pretend your old, some will give you a ride............works for me most of the time.   Works on getting holes drilled too.
Thread killer

Offline MikeSJ

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Nov 10, 2017, 08:52 AM »
I do have a sled, what I meant was I didn't have a snow machine. ::)  Good advice. ;D  Lord knows I've drilled enough holes for folks.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.