The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: New Ridgid hammer drill hopefully in the near future!  (Read 5959 times)

Offline WolfPack1

• Team IceShanty Regular
Looking around and doing some searching about Ridgid. They are affiliated with AEG, which is sold in Europe and Australia. They have a new hammer drill with 1239 inch pounds of torque, and 6.0 and 9.0 batteries coming out. Fingers crossed that these make it to the US in the next couple years! Would be a very interesting debate with Milwaukee vs Ridgid then as if they come to the US the upper hand might slide over to Ridgid with the warranty. Then again, Milwaukee might very well come out with a new Fuel with some ridiculously high torque, say something like 2000 inch pounds (would be slick if someone would!). With all of these drills making such big leaps in improvement over the last few years, it makes you wonder what the market will look like in two or three!

Here’s a link to that drill. They talk about the batteries in a different area, and about the new batteries using much better LI cells in them.
https://toolcraze.net/aeg-fusion-18v-heavy-duty-high-torque-hammer-drill-140nm-1239-lbs-torque/

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: New Ridgid hammer drill hopefully in the near future!
« Reply #1 on: Jan 28, 2018, 06:47 AM »
That might be why Home Depot now has the 700 "# on sale in the kit with the impact for only $229. Was $279 when I bought mine.
<===Lefty===

Offline Stickhick86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 28, 2018, 06:49 AM »
That might be why Home Depot now has the 700 "# on sale in the kit with the impact for only $229. Was $279 when I bought mine.

plus you get a free tool that you can then return to get money back making the combo kit even cheaper. deal is good through tomorrow
Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to ice fish, have his wife mad for ever.

Offline rdhammah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 28, 2018, 08:29 AM »

plus you get a free tool that you can then return to get money back making the combo kit even cheaper. deal is good through tomorrow

that will void the warranty as if you have to return the hammer drill, you must return the entire kit

Offline Stickhick86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 28, 2018, 09:20 AM »
you don't return the part out of the kit, just return the free item.
Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach a man to ice fish, have his wife mad for ever.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #5 on: Jan 28, 2018, 10:52 AM »
they have the same parent company. same for ryobi and the 12 volt parts interchange between ryobi and ridgid.

i brought this up not long ago here about letting a limited warranty tool hit the masses before doing it with the lsa tools.
glad to see it coming!  now they know the in the field weaknesses and can rectify them on the ridgid brand.

not sure that i need that much more torque. my 780 brushed does every thing i need it to do already. the tools say to use full trigger on them and not feather the trigger. so this comes into play also.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #6 on: Jan 28, 2018, 11:10 AM »
take your receipt and go get 50$ back!
they have a 90 day return and that means they price match their own sales. what they do is refund you all of it and then resell it and you get the sale price.

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #7 on: Jan 28, 2018, 11:18 AM »
take your receipt and go get 50$ back!
they have a 90 day return and that means they price match their own sales. what they do is refund you all of it and then resell it and you get the sale price.
I think I will do that. Thanks for the heads up.
<===Lefty===

Offline buckslayer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 29, 2018, 07:10 AM »

lefty2053 - are you using this Rigid in an auger conversion?  If so, what are your impressions?  Battery life good?  Will it last?

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #9 on: Jan 29, 2018, 07:17 AM »
I have the Brushless I bought this year and use it with the Nero Mini 7". I drilled 34 holes one day through 10" and had 2 out of 4 bars left. I have averaged 20-25 holes each time and most of the time one use 1 bar out of 4.  I have been leaving the battery touching the ice most of the time and never have any problems. Well except when I drill crooked it will stop but that hardly ever happens anymore since I put on a Level on the bottom of the drill.
<===Lefty===

Offline buckslayer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Jan 29, 2018, 07:45 AM »
I have the Brushless I bought this year and use it with the Nero Mini 7". I drilled 34 holes one day through 10" and had 2 out of 4 bars left. I have averaged 20-25 holes each time and most of the time one use 1 bar out of 4.  I have been leaving the battery touching the ice most of the time and never have any problems. Well except when I drill crooked it will stop but that hardly ever happens anymore since I put on a Level on the bottom of the drill.

Is the Brushless the one in that HomeDepot kit you posted above?  Thanks for the info.

Offline walleyeboater

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Jan 29, 2018, 08:07 AM »
Should be. It will say on the box.
I bought the kit this month, works great.

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #12 on: Jan 29, 2018, 08:18 AM »
This is the kit I bought. Got a free extra battery with it. Could have gotten a free tool but went with the extra battery.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-18-Volt-Gen5X-Lithium-Ion-Cordless-Brushless-Hammer-Drill-and-Impact-Driver-Combo-Kit-with-2-4-0Ah-Batteries-R9205/206127587
<===Lefty===

Offline buckslayer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Jan 29, 2018, 08:46 AM »
This is the kit I bought. Got a free extra battery with it. Could have gotten a free tool but went with the extra battery.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-18-Volt-Gen5X-Lithium-Ion-Cordless-Brushless-Hammer-Drill-and-Impact-Driver-Combo-Kit-with-2-4-0Ah-Batteries-R9205/206127587

Thanks walleyeboater and lefty2053.  I just watched that video online and it says free replacement tool, service AND BATTERIES for the life of the tool?!?!?!  That seems like a no-brainer.  Has anybody used it with an 8" drill?

Offline buckslayer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Jan 29, 2018, 08:59 AM »
Oh NO!!!  Just went to order and the deal is gone for a free tool if you buy the kit :~(

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #15 on: Jan 29, 2018, 09:26 AM »
Oh NO!!!  Just went to order and the deal is gone for a free tool if you buy the kit :~(
Well that stinks. I think it is because they are clearing them out for the new one that could be here this year.
<===Lefty===

Offline buckslayer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Jan 29, 2018, 09:33 AM »
Well that stinks. I think it is because they are clearing them out for the new one that could be here this year.

Yep - now to decide if the kit itself is worth $229..............

Offline buckslayer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Jan 29, 2018, 09:37 AM »
Everyone talks about the Milwaukee Fuel with more torque.  Looks like I could get that, batteries and charger for about the same.  Just wouldn't have the impact wrench.

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #18 on: Jan 29, 2018, 10:00 AM »
I went with the Warranty. I suppose you could sell the Impact for around $100 to someone that needed it like someone that works on cars. Even at $80 that would put the drill with 2 batteries at $149.
<===Lefty===

Offline buckslayer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Jan 29, 2018, 01:32 PM »
Anyone think this drill will spin an 8" with no issues?

Offline Ice Scratcher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Jan 29, 2018, 01:37 PM »
Anyone think this drill will spin an 8" with no issues?

If/when it comes here for sale, yes, going by the torque rating...

<°)))>{

Offline buckslayer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #21 on: Jan 29, 2018, 02:29 PM »
If/when it comes here for sale, yes, going by the torque rating...

<°)))>{

Sorry - I was referring to the current GenX brushless model that's on sale.  I believe it is rated at 700 in-lbs.

Offline WolfPack1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Jan 29, 2018, 02:47 PM »
Sorry - I was referring to the current GenX brushless model that's on sale.  I believe it is rated at 700 in-lbs.

I’ve heard mixed feelings on the 8”. Some say yes and some say nope. I’d say it’ll turn a 7” okay, and 8” might wanna step up in torque to something else. Then again FYI I’m not speaking from personal experience, just speculation and what I’ve read, so I wouldn’t really know. Best to try it yourself! Mine turns a 6” Mora like nothing!

Offline WolfPack1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Jan 29, 2018, 02:49 PM »
I also saw that the 6.0 battery will be it in February, so keep your eyes peeled for one, as there will probably be a limited amount available. That and there’s a lot of people out there using the drills for their intended use (haha) that will be buying them too!

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #24 on: Jan 29, 2018, 03:10 PM »
The Nero Mini I use is 7 3/8 " and does very good. 8 " might push it. Unless you go with the Kdrill 8" which is about the same as my Nero Mini. I thought I was drilling with an 8" when I first started with this Nero, It just looked big and that is why I measured it.
<===Lefty===

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #25 on: Feb 04, 2018, 11:09 PM »
I think I will do that. Thanks for the heads up.

did you get your 50$ back yet?

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #26 on: Feb 05, 2018, 06:07 AM »
No I forgot all about it. Maybe I will do that today.
<===Lefty===

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #27 on: Feb 05, 2018, 09:43 AM »
did you get your 50$ back yet?
OK so I went to Home Depot this morning and tried to get the $50 back. NO go they said their policies are not the same as the Internet Policies.  SO I told her I will just return the used one and buy a new one. She Said OK. After she told me I was going to get back $211 I said wait I paid $279 plus tax. She said it is because of the Extra Battery I got for free. I said OK I will return that also.  SO she refunded my Credit Card $287.09. I went over to buy a new one and there was just one kit left. I got it and asked an Employee if I get a free Battery or Tool with this kit. She said No that offer has expired. SO Now I loose one battery on the deal but pay $50 less. I figure OK I am good with that. Then I go to pay for it and the Cashier says. :"DO YOU WANT TO SAVE $50 by signing up for a Home Depot card." I said Sure I like saving $50. SO I got back $287.09 and I paid $193.23 for the new kit. I am happy but Just so no one else does this you have to return stuff before the extra offer has expired. It Expired on January 24th. SO I was 11 Days late.  I knew there might be a problem so I took everything with me.
<===Lefty===

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #28 on: Feb 05, 2018, 09:19 PM »
tricky!
some return the free tool you picked (if it was that type of promo) or what ever free tool came with the kit to reduce cost.
so if the drill kit was 280 and the free tool was 120 then you get 120 off the 280 kit.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #29 on: Feb 06, 2018, 09:07 AM »
Yea she said the Online HD has a different policies than they do. They are both Home Depot I told her and she said it is 2 different companies. Yea RIGHT?
Oh well I am happy I saved $93 Plus. And now have better credit with another credit card. What to do with all this credit? I think just before I die I will cash them all out and buy all my family members some nice stuff. I just won't leave any of them the burden of paying all my bills.

i've had some employee's try to say they don't match their online presence, but i make them. some don't want to have to work. go over their heads. some times a call before hand is best and ask for a manager and explain whats going to happen and get it preapproved. never had hd not honor their own online site. if i did i would use a different brick and mortar store.

the only company that flat out refuses is target, so i don't shop target anymore. how do they expect for us to shop them and stock and then go buy their stuff and then not price match is crazy. but that's ok, there are plenty of other store that do. some even price match other stores like hd and best buy does.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.