The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Businesses discharging PFAS into Michigan's waterways  (Read 977 times)

Offline topwaterbait

• Team IceShanty Addict
I hope they get this situation under control fast. I just read this and wanted to share. The Huron river article is from August but just in case you missed it I linked it.

https://www.mlive.com/news/index.ssf/2018/11/businesses_discharging_pfas_in.html

https://www.mlive.com/news/index.ssf/2018/08/michigan_says_pfas_makes_all_f.html

Offline quack

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Businesses discharging PFAS into Michigan's waterways
« Reply #1 on: Nov 29, 2018, 04:37 PM »
Yea it sucks, I just bought a house with access to the chain of lakes in Pinckney in March and then this comes out :-\ at least there's another lake not connected that I have access to at the end of my street and plenty of other lakes but the chain definitely has great fishing just not gonna be eating them...
Funniest thing about ice fishing for me is when people who know nothing about ice activities try to warn me about the dangers of the ice...

Offline jdgambler

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Dec 01, 2018, 12:28 PM »
The fish in the zukey/portage chain have allways tasted a little different to me. It's a shame any one would be allowed to dump anything except water into a lake or stream. :>(
I'd rather be fishing than sleeping

Offline Fishingixxer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 02, 2018, 07:39 PM »
They have expanded the "do not eat" order. This is now from up stream of proud lake area all the way to lake Erie. I have been fishing the Huron river system my entire life. In my life I have eaten countless fish from it. This is scary to think of. How long has this been going on for. The tibittawassi river system is affected too. Up that way (saginaw/bay city) there is not only a "do not eat" order for did but game too, anything that drinks the water could be contaminated. It's sad.

Offline topwaterbait

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Dec 02, 2018, 08:01 PM »
It's very sad, upsetting and unacceptable!

Offline Fishingixxer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 02, 2018, 08:54 PM »
It's very sad, upsetting and unacceptable!

Yes it is. How many other waterways are affected?

Offline BLUJBURD

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish...Fish...Fish
« Reply #6 on: Dec 03, 2018, 06:16 PM »
Your right snitch if the laws for businesses were as strict as say drinking and driving laws are for us things might change. If you brought about fines to the tune of almost shuttering a business then things will change.
I have a BS in Narrative Fishing History.

Offline Fishingixxer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 03, 2018, 07:12 PM »
I just saw on Mlive that there is a forum meeting in Ann Arbor about the Pfas contamination. I was unable to post a link but it's on Mlive.com

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.