Author Topic: Hermitage Park Pond Rainbows and Brown Trout  (Read 270 times)

Offline Brandon

• Team IceShanty Addict
Hermitage Park Pond Rainbows and Brown Trout
« on: Jan 10, 2024, 09:23 AM »
Anyone try Hermitage after I posted the report a couple weeks ago?  If not maybe this will get you out one evening.

eature=shared

Description:
Welcome back to a Pond that was featured in several other videos through the years on my channel.  This is the HERITAGE CLASSIC! OUT ON HERMITAGE POND!

If you want to check out some of the old Hermitage park original footage from the early days of the Fishing Doctors adventures and maybe even pre-fishing doc time check out the links below.

2011 Hermitage Rainbows on TIP DOWNS:
eature=shared

2013 Hermitage with Jaw Jacker and Underwater Video:
eature=shared

2013 Hermitage under the ice video:
eature=shared

I went out to Hermitage Park Pond and it is still very alive!!! This is a fishery I hate to see die off every year. An underutilized, close to home great little fishery in the city of Edmonton.

I recommend getting out there and giving it a try if you have a spare morning or evening and don't want to drive far.

I used to fish this pond before I had wheels. Bike to it in the open water. Take the bus after University class as soon as it froze in winter. I was even kicked off by the police once. They asked what I was doing... I responded, "ice fishing". Now my response would probably be a little more sarcastic and he'd have to drag me off, haha.

I got out there around 10am and caught two bows pretty quick. Around noon got two browns as well. They seemed pretty aggressive when they came around. There might not be many in there at this point in the game, but they're all decent size and not too hard to catch!

I caught two on the Jigging Jaw Jacker and one stationary Jaw Jacker. Both tipped with circle tackle 7mm tungsten jigs in white and chartreuse. Tipped with night crawlers or meal worms.

The fish ranged in the 14 to 16 inch.

Check it out, best of luck!
THE FISHING DOCTORS ADVENTURES https://www.youtube.com/user/Brandonkop

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.