New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: looking for info on lake clear  (Read 713 times)

Offline travis9791

• Team IceShanty Regular
looking for info on lake clear
« on: Jan 15, 2019, 05:28 PM »
My family and I are renting a place on lake Clear during the second week of February. We typically fish for smelt and lakers at Rollins Pond. However I am hoping to be able to do some fishing on Lake Clear this year. If anyone has any advice or information on Ice fishing lake Clear. It would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Travis

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
Re: looking for info on lake clear
« Reply #1 on: Jan 15, 2019, 05:40 PM »
Here's a link to DEC's lake countour map. It also lists fish species present.

http://www.dec.ny.gov/docs/fish_marine_pdf/lkclrmap.pdf
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline rball

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: looking for info on lake clear
« Reply #2 on: Jan 16, 2019, 09:00 PM »
It has some nice smelt in there once you find them. Have seen big browns, lakers and pike come out of there as well but have yet to get anything personally worth bragging about. General consensus is use the smelt you jig up on the tip ups just under the ice along the shores and if your cards are played right and the stars are aligned just right you can get a nice fish haha. Depending if you have direct lake access or not where you are staying....the parking lot is now plowed. It does get some decent traffic and can be packed down for easy in and out. Several times after a recent snow storm i have gotten there with no option but to go elsewhere. Another thing to keep in mind is the wind. And it gets nasty out there when even a small breeze is present.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.