The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Sebago  (Read 1297 times)

Offline MadFisha

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Wish this was work....
Sebago
« on: Jan 14, 2019, 05:51 AM »
Saw people out jigging and setting traps at the station. Anyone from here out there yesterday. Heard there's a solid 2" so why not.

Offline APJ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • A Jig Rod in hand is worth fish on the ice..
Re: Sebago
« Reply #1 on: Jan 14, 2019, 06:52 AM »
From the video Ive seen its cracking under foot. :o
[img       Former-( Air Plane Jigger)

Offline MadFisha

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Wish this was work....
« Reply #2 on: Jan 14, 2019, 08:03 AM »
I'm working next to st Joe's on the water walked out prob 4' from shore a solid 2" hope to get traps in while I'm working to log some serious ice time on the clock.

Offline 8orach

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 14, 2019, 08:43 AM »
I warn a lot of people about trying to go out on Sebago, I know the lake trout fever is addicting but a few more days and lower bay will have 4-6 inches. It’s only a FEW DAYS. With the abnormal amount of rain we have had in late December and January, I imagine there are current lines all throughout underneath the ice. You may pick your way out and end up on 4 inches, but you may have crossed 1 to 1 1/2 inches of ice to get there. Always carry a spud bar and safety picks.

Offline GasBlaster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Welcomes green fish
« Reply #4 on: Jan 14, 2019, 11:57 AM »
I warn a lot of people about trying to go out on Sebago, I know the lake trout fever is addicting but a few more days and lower bay will have 4-6 inches. It’s only a FEW DAYS. With the abnormal amount of rain we have had in late December and January, I imagine there are current lines all throughout underneath the ice. You may pick your way out and end up on 4 inches, but you may have crossed 1 to 1 1/2 inches of ice to get there. Always carry a spud bar and safety picks.

Well said

Offline Keychain

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Don't yell FLAG, yell KEYCHAIN!!!
« Reply #5 on: Jan 14, 2019, 12:41 PM »
Agreed.  I drove by the station Saturday morning and was surprised to see it frozen over.  Stopped at MCW bait and they told me it had frozen over Thurs-Fri, then the wind on Friday blew it all out.  So what I was seeing for ice was only whatever had formed Friday night.  I'm surely in no hurry to test it out...

Offline MadFisha

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Wish this was work....
« Reply #6 on: Jan 15, 2019, 06:31 AM »
Checked ice same spot this am. A good 4" now. Setting traps Tomm at work hope we can get something done.

Offline Kourcha

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 15, 2019, 08:17 PM »
Setting traps at work! Jealous ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.